On 12th of August, I rolled out a new version of media.io with a number of improvements and new features.
Bugfix for increased file-not-found errors
When I rolled out support for files with identical names, I didn't realize that media.io's download feature was based on names. If names of files can occur more than once, this can lead to situations in which a file that was already deleted was selected to be downloaded. This resulted in about 50 % more 404 (file not found) errors that necessary. Since 404s aren't very frequent, I didn't notice this for a while, for which I apologize (alerting for unnatural amounts of 404s per day is now in place).
This bug was fixed in this release. The bug fix also makes the download more robust in browsers that are buggy when it comes to URL encoding (*cough* Safari *cough*).
Support for new file formats
With this release, media.io supports four new file formats:
µLaw-encoded files (ending on .ulaw).
A-law encoded files (ending on .alaw).
Sony OpenMG files (ending on .oma).
CRI ADX files (ending on .adx).
Note that I didn't have a lot of files to test these formats with so it might take until end of August before I can take a look at the success rates.