How to add audio to MKV video easily?
Add audio to MKV video easily
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 04,2021 11:17 am
"How can I add an audio track to MKV video online? I have tried different platforms, but all resulted in vain? Is there any online tool that supports video in MKV and adds an audio track to it with ease?"
MKV is one of the most familiar file formats for a video that runs on pretty much every device. However, when it comes to editing MKV files online, the circumstances become tricky. Many online tools aren't able to merge audio with MKV video. Still, you can learn how to add audio track to MKV file by following our tutorial.
Part 1: Why would you change an MKV file format?
It is common knowledge that the MKV is not a simple file format but a dedicated container that allows you to store video, audio, and text into a single file. Nevertheless, there are some issues with the MKV file type, which could prompt you to change it to another format. Here is the list of reasons why you would change the MKV file format of your video.
- Compatibility issues
Despite MKV being an open-source format, it is still not compatible with some devices, such as smartphones. If you have a video in MKV and no access to a media player supporting the file type, it could be very time-wasting and annoying. Under such circumstances, it is ideal if you change MKV to a popular format, such as MP4, and then play the video.
Moreover, common media players such as Windows Media Player on Windows 8 and Windows 7 don't support MKV videos. However, in Windows 10, you can easily play such clips using the latest Windows Media Player version.
- Significant file size
MKV files are generally larger, which could be off-putting for users of smaller devices. Smartphones do not offer much file storage for users to store MKV videos with significant file sizes. The best thing is to switch the video's file type to MP4 or MOV to avoid storage-related issues.
Part 2: How to add audio to MKV using Online UniConverter?
Online UniConverter Add audio track to MKV easily
We recommend using the Wondershare Online UniConverter to add audio tracks to videos in MKV and 1000+ file formats. It will maintain the entire quality of the MKV file throughout the editing phase.
Additionally, you do not need to install any added software on your device to access the Online UniConverter. The tool is entirely browser-based. It means that you can perform the whole audio mixing activity from any platform, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Please view other powerful functions offered by the Online UniConverter in the list mentioned below:
- It converts both audio and video files to the desired format.
- Audio/video file compression is also available.
- You can merge multiple videos into one clip using the Online UniConverter.
- The platform offers you to speed up or slow down a video.
- Online UniConverter can also reverse the entire MKV video.
- The audio mute function enables you to remove unwanted noises from the video before adding your music.
The steps to add audio to the MKV file with the Online UniConverter are mentioned below:
Step 1: Add the MKV video to Online UniConverter
Open the Online UniConverter from your phone or desktop's browser and access the Add Audio to Video section. Click on Choose Files to import the clip from the device. Else, press the Dropbox/Google Drive/Youtube icon to upload the video from the stated online platforms.
Step 2: Merge audio with video
Under the Audio Options section, click on Add Audio tab and upload the song you wish to mix with the MKV video. Click on the Output Format tab to select a new file type for the video if you want to change the MKV format. Hit Merge for the process to start.
Step 3: Download the finished video
Finally, click Download to save the edited video to your device. You can also store to your Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage accounts.
After following the three steps, you will know how simple the task of adding audio to MKV video using the Online UniConverter really is!
Part 3: FAQs for adding audio to MKV with Online UniConverter
If you are a beginner at video editing, you must have questions about adding music files to MKV video using the Online UniConverter. We have tried to answer the commonly occurring queries here in this section.
Q1: Can I edit my audio file after adding it to the video?
Ans: If you use the Online UniConverter to perform the audio merging process, you can easily edit it after adding it to the video. As you upload the audio, the tool will provide added Audio Options, which will enable you to trim, delete, or loop the music.
Q2: What are audio formats accepted by Online UniConverter?
Ans: You can add pretty much every audio format on the UniConverter. Moreover, it lets you convert the audio file to your preferred file type. The top forms accepted by the tool include MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AC3, APE, MKA, FLAC, DTS, AU, and several others.
Q3: How do I add audio to MKV video on my iPhone?
Ans: You only need access to your iPhone's browser to add audio to MKV video. It is because the Online UniConverter runs on every device and platform. Head over to the Add Audio to Video section of the online tool and follow the instructions to precisely merge music with the MKV file.
Q4: How do I add an audio track to MKV on Mac?
Ans: The Online UniConverter allows you to add audio to video on Mac and every device. It would be best if you had a working browser at your disposal, then you will be able to mix audio with MKV video in no time.
Part 4: Add audio track to MKV | Tips on how to make a creative video
A dull video will not help you gather a large number of viewers. If you wish to wow your audience, then you must make a creative video. For that, you have to apply the following tips:
1.Add catchy music
There is no purpose for posting a video on social platforms without music. An interesting or attractive piece of music will keep the audience hooked. You can experiment with the video's audio layers.
2.Apply effects and filters
It is wise to add various effects and transitions to enhance the picture quality, which will help deliver the message behind the video more effectively. However, too much of anything is bad, so you should only apply suitable filters to the video, which doesn't distract the viewer.
3.Make the video interesting
Whether you are sharing the video for advertising or personal use, you can keep the viewer attached to it by adding the staple of storytelling. It will form a somewhat emotional bond between the viewer and the content shared on the video.
4.Create the video short!
Viewers online do not a big attention span. It is why the video you are creating should be short and to the point.
Though video editing is a fun hobby and a potential full-time career, things could quickly go sideways if you cannot perform the simplest task, such as adding audio to video. However, with a reliable online editing platform at your disposal, you can quickly become an expert at the said job.
In this post, we have shared the tips to make a creative video and why you should convert the MKV file to a more manageable format. You can apply both techniques to your video using the Wondershare Online UniConverter.
I had storage issues on my desktop, which prevented me from saving video files on the system. It also meant I was unable to perform video editing on my computer. However, with the Online UniConverter, I was able to add audio to MKV video by uploading and downloading the file straight from my Dropbox account.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Proven Methods to Help Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Audio Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker | Easily Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers You Should Know
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Slideshow Apps for Instagram | Post a Photo Slideshow as You Wish
- Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
- Quickest Way to Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- Top 10 Online Video Slideshow Maker for Free
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates as You Like
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Love
- Learn How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Any Watermark
- [3 Easy Ways] How to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- 3 Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Workable Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- How to Quickly Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Complete Guide on How to Make Slideshow on TikTok