How to add audio to MKV video easily?
Add audio to MKV video easily
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 04,2021 11:17 am
"How can I add an audio track to MKV video online? I have tried different platforms, but all resulted in vain? Is there any online tool that supports video in MKV and adds an audio track to it with ease?"
MKV is one of the most familiar file formats for a video that runs on pretty much every device. However, when it comes to editing MKV files online, the circumstances become tricky. Many online tools aren't able to merge audio with MKV video. Still, you can learn how to add audio track to MKV file by following our tutorial.
Part 1: Why would you change an MKV file format?
It is common knowledge that the MKV is not a simple file format but a dedicated container that allows you to store video, audio, and text into a single file. Nevertheless, there are some issues with the MKV file type, which could prompt you to change it to another format. Here is the list of reasons why you would change the MKV file format of your video.
- Compatibility issues
Despite MKV being an open-source format, it is still not compatible with some devices, such as smartphones. If you have a video in MKV and no access to a media player supporting the file type, it could be very time-wasting and annoying. Under such circumstances, it is ideal if you change MKV to a popular format, such as MP4, and then play the video.
Moreover, common media players such as Windows Media Player on Windows 8 and Windows 7 don't support MKV videos. However, in Windows 10, you can easily play such clips using the latest Windows Media Player version.
- Significant file size
MKV files are generally larger, which could be off-putting for users of smaller devices. Smartphones do not offer much file storage for users to store MKV videos with significant file sizes. The best thing is to switch the video's file type to MP4 or MOV to avoid storage-related issues.
Part 2: How to add audio to MKV using Online UniConverter?
Online UniConverter Add audio track to MKV easily
We recommend using the Wondershare Online UniConverter to add audio tracks to videos in MKV and 1000+ file formats. It will maintain the entire quality of the MKV file throughout the editing phase.
Additionally, you do not need to install any added software on your device to access the Online UniConverter. The tool is entirely browser-based. It means that you can perform the whole audio mixing activity from any platform, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Please view other powerful functions offered by the Online UniConverter in the list mentioned below:
- It converts both audio and video files to the desired format.
- Audio/video file compression is also available.
- You can merge multiple videos into one clip using the Online UniConverter.
- The platform offers you to speed up or slow down a video.
- Online UniConverter can also reverse the entire MKV video.
- The audio mute function enables you to remove unwanted noises from the video before adding your music.
The steps to add audio to the MKV file with the Online UniConverter are mentioned below:
Step 1: Add the MKV video to Online UniConverter
Open the Online UniConverter from your phone or desktop's browser and access the Add Audio to Video section. Click on Choose Files to import the clip from the device. Else, press the Dropbox/Google Drive/Youtube icon to upload the video from the stated online platforms.
Step 2: Merge audio with video
Under the Audio Options section, click on Add Audio tab and upload the song you wish to mix with the MKV video. Click on the Output Format tab to select a new file type for the video if you want to change the MKV format. Hit Merge for the process to start.
Step 3: Download the finished video
Finally, click Download to save the edited video to your device. You can also store to your Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage accounts.
After following the three steps, you will know how simple the task of adding audio to MKV video using the Online UniConverter really is!
Part 3: FAQs for adding audio to MKV with Online UniConverter
If you are a beginner at video editing, you must have questions about adding music files to MKV video using the Online UniConverter. We have tried to answer the commonly occurring queries here in this section.
Q1: Can I edit my audio file after adding it to the video?
Ans: If you use the Online UniConverter to perform the audio merging process, you can easily edit it after adding it to the video. As you upload the audio, the tool will provide added Audio Options, which will enable you to trim, delete, or loop the music.
Q2: What are audio formats accepted by Online UniConverter?
Ans: You can add pretty much every audio format on the UniConverter. Moreover, it lets you convert the audio file to your preferred file type. The top forms accepted by the tool include MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AC3, APE, MKA, FLAC, DTS, AU, and several others.
Q3: How do I add audio to MKV video on my iPhone?
Ans: You only need access to your iPhone's browser to add audio to MKV video. It is because the Online UniConverter runs on every device and platform. Head over to the Add Audio to Video section of the online tool and follow the instructions to precisely merge music with the MKV file.
Q4: How do I add an audio track to MKV on Mac?
Ans: The Online UniConverter allows you to add audio to video on Mac and every device. It would be best if you had a working browser at your disposal, then you will be able to mix audio with MKV video in no time.
Part 4: Add audio track to MKV | Tips on how to make a creative video
A dull video will not help you gather a large number of viewers. If you wish to wow your audience, then you must make a creative video. For that, you have to apply the following tips:
1.Add catchy music
There is no purpose for posting a video on social platforms without music. An interesting or attractive piece of music will keep the audience hooked. You can experiment with the video's audio layers.
2.Apply effects and filters
It is wise to add various effects and transitions to enhance the picture quality, which will help deliver the message behind the video more effectively. However, too much of anything is bad, so you should only apply suitable filters to the video, which doesn't distract the viewer.
3.Make the video interesting
Whether you are sharing the video for advertising or personal use, you can keep the viewer attached to it by adding the staple of storytelling. It will form a somewhat emotional bond between the viewer and the content shared on the video.
4.Create the video short!
Viewers online do not a big attention span. It is why the video you are creating should be short and to the point.
Though video editing is a fun hobby and a potential full-time career, things could quickly go sideways if you cannot perform the simplest task, such as adding audio to video. However, with a reliable online editing platform at your disposal, you can quickly become an expert at the said job.
In this post, we have shared the tips to make a creative video and why you should convert the MKV file to a more manageable format. You can apply both techniques to your video using the Wondershare Online UniConverter.
I had storage issues on my desktop, which prevented me from saving video files on the system. It also meant I was unable to perform video editing on my computer. However, with the Online UniConverter, I was able to add audio to MKV video by uploading and downloading the file straight from my Dropbox account.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online