How to add audio to video easily in 2022
Add audio to video
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
There are many reasons to add audio to video. For example, you may want to create a photo or video slideshow for a specific occasion with thematic background music. You may also need to create a workout video tutorial with an electric background song to pump up the session. Either way, adding a background music track to your video can make it more entertaining and appealing. And the good news is that multiple online apps let you do that effortlessly. So, today's article takes a look at some easy methods on how to add audio to video on any device.
Part 1: Top 5 websites to add audio to video online
If you know something about Yahoo's Jumpcut, then you need no introduction to JayCut. This flash-based online video editor allows users to upload audio and video files before creating movies with background music or "mixes." If you're a beginner, JayCut comes with a free video-editing suite, including videos, images, and audios. What's better, users can directly export videos to PC, mobile devices, and YouTube. But on the flip side, JayCut users must register to unlock all functions. Even worse, JayCut is no longer accessible on popular operating systems like Microsoft Windows and Android.
- Very user-friendly.
- Customizes videos with effects, transitions, music, and titles.
- Not available on some devices.
We all know what adding music tracks to your videos can do to your growing YouTube channel. Fortunately, YouTube allows content creators to do basic video editing tasks like adding background songs to videos on YouTube Studio. However, this feature is only available to clips shorter than 6 hours. Just visit YouTube Studio, select content, click the edit/pen icon, and then click the editor on the left pane. Now click the audio icon and add your background music.
- Free, open-source app.
- Directly publish edited video to YouTube.
- Not best for green hands.
Animoto is undoubtedly one of the most widely used video creation and editing apps ever. The app is free and comes with multiple customizable templates. Here, users can create videos for occasions like anniversaries, graduations, birthdays, engagements, and more. Interestingly, Animoto users can add audio to a video file by downloading one on Animoto's royalty-free music library or uploading a song from their local media library. Sadly, Animoto isn't for beginners.
- Hundreds of customizable video templates.
- It offers multiple royalty-free music tracks for adding to video.
- It has a learning curve.
Online Converter is an excellent add audio to video converter that works with almost any file format. Popularly known for its file conversion capabilities, this online app also packs a tool to help you add audio to video quickly and easily. Before adding background audio to your video file, you can choose to replace or keep the original audio in the video. Plus, users can set the custom volume percentage for their output video. Remember, however, that this tool supports a maximum of 200MB only.
- Super-fast file processing speed.
- Simple to use.
- A limited file upload size.
Finally, you can use Voice2V to add audio to video for free. This app is fast, straightforward, and lets users upload any standard audio and video format. Apart from adding audio to video, Voice2V can also convert text to video, add text to video, create a collage slideshow, and much more. But you can only enjoy these features if you don't mind the cluttered and ad-laden user interface.
- Multiple file editing tools.
- It's a free app to use.
- Painfully slow video processing speed.
Part 2: Best tool for adding audio to video for free - Online UniConverter
If the online apps above don't cut it for you, use Online UniConverter instead. Unlike the other apps, this website is beginner-friendly, but it packs a host of tools to make all advanced users happy. That said, Online UniConverter supports most standard video and audio file formats, including MP4, MOV, VOB, MP3, M4A, and more. After uploading a background music track, users can edit it by looping, trimming, and adjusting the volume level. Another thing, users can export videos to any video format.
- It supports 1000+ file formats, including VOB, FLV, MP4, MOV, MP3, M4A, etc.
- Uploads media files from the cloud, local folders, or YouTube.
- Edit the added audio by trimming, lopping, and changing the volume level.
- It offers additional file manipulation tools like a slideshow maker, video merger, audio converter, GIF maker, etc.
- Helpful 24/7 customer support.
Now follow this step-by-step process to add audio to video using Online UniConverter:
Step 1: Launch the Add Audio to Video Tool.
Use an updated web browser to visit Online UniConverter and then click Online Tools. Now click the Add Audio to Video tab on the Online Video Tools section.
Step 2: Upload Your Video and Audio Files.
Click the Choose Files button to browse your local media libraries and add your video file. After adding a video successfully, press the Add audio button on the right pane to upload your local music file.
Step 3: Edit the Uploaded Music File.
Obviously, you may want to edit the music by trimming to get the most professional output. To do that, click the Trim Audio section, then drag the trimming handles to remove the unwanted parts of your audio. Next, close the trimmer, then adjust your video's audio volume and that of the uploaded music.
First of all, click the play button to preview your created video file. If everything looks ready, choose an output format and then press Merge to begin converting. That was simple, right?
Part 3: FAQs for adding audio to video with Online UniConverter
What Are the Video Formats Accepted by Online UniConverter?
Many! Generally, Online UniConverter supports all standard video file formats. Users can import and export MOV, MP4, FLV, WebM, 3GP, MTS, and many more.
What Are the Audio Formats Accepted by Online UniConverter?
Like with video formats, Online UniConverter works with any Audio format you throw at it. Creators can upload and export MP3, M4A, WAV, AU, RA, OGG, and more.
Can I Edit My Audio File After Adding It to the Video?
Yes, Online UniConverter allows you to retouch your audio file before adding it to your video clip. Users can trim, loop, and adjust the audio volume. Also, you can reduce the volume level of your video's audio.
How Do I Add Audio to a Video on My Phone?
To add audio to video on your iOS or Android smartphone and tablet, use Online UniConverter. Just apply the steps above to create an award-winning video file with background music.
Have you already identified the perfect method to add audio to video with lossless quality? Hope so! But if you're still undecided, then we recommend Online UniConverter. Not only is this app feature-rich and beginner-friendly, but it also comes with lots of additional file manipulation tools. Nonetheless, all the websites discussed above will come in handy.
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online