Top 10 apps to add audio to video on Mac
Add audio to video on Mac
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 02,2021 20:13 pm
"Is it possible to add audio to video on Mac? I recently switched to macOS from Windows 10 and did not know much about the former platform. Are there any suitable and easy-to-use tools that could offer to manage the sound settings of a video presentation?"
Users are opting for videos to receive information more compared to other forms of media. It is since videos make the learning process simple. Still, things aren't so simple as much effort takes place to create/publish a video. Without any music, you wouldn't be able to convey the whole story or message behind the video. To induct appropriate sound into the video, you need a handy video editor. However, for Mac users, picking the right tool could take much exertion. Though macOS is popular among people, there aren't many easy-to-use video editors dedicated to the platform.
Luckily, we know the 10 top-rated programs for Mac. Here, we will also discuss how to use Mac add audio to video.
Part1: 10 best tools to add audio to video on Mac recommended
We will disclose all the ins and outs of the most popular and powerful applications that will enable you to add audio to video on Mac. Moreover, you will know what other features these tools have to offer besides mixing sound effects.
Whether you are adding a video or an existing one for editing, Movavi for macOS is an excellent choice. The program offers top features such as file conversion, screencasting, special filters, and transitions.
Other than that, you can download various effects from the tool's official store. You can export your videos in 4K using the tool. Moreover, it offers several tutorials for you to understand the functions properly.
- It is available in multiple languages.
- The price is not pocket-friendly.
- Rendering speed is not fast enough.
- The program does not support a few popular formats, such as H. 265.
VLC is arguably the most popular media player across all platforms. However, only a small percentage of people know that it offers handy features to edit media files.
One of such features is enabling users to add sound to video on Mac and Windows. Additionally, you can apply audio and video effects to the clip. Not only that, it lets you create new text within the uploaded media with ease. File conversion is also available if you wish to change the video's format.
- It is entirely free.
- The media player is frequently updated.
- Not as many editing features compared to other programs.
- It could be difficult for newbies to access the editing interface.
Filmora by Wondershare is one of the most recognizable high-end video editors for Mac users. You can use the tool's audio ducking function to make the narrations in a video more prominent and clear for the viewer.
There are thousands of effects you can choose from Filmora's interface for the betterment of the video. All the common editing features are available, such as color correction, trimming, cropping, and rotating the video.
- It offers value for money.
- The tool is easy to use.
- An excellent music library is available.
- Requires high system requirements to run smoothly.
If you are a new macOS user and do not know where to begin your video editing journey, use iMovie. It is a dedicated product offered by Apple to add built-in sound effects, audio notes, and songs to the video.
Besides, it is free for download and offers you 4K resolution. Hand audio effects are available for users as well. Once you finish editing the video, you can directly share the handiwork to social media platforms to attract a larger audience.
- The interface is simple.
- There are limited sound effects.
- It takes too long to download an edited clip.
- New users could find it entirely challenging trying to import the video to the editing section.
If you wish to give your video an artistic feel, there is no wiser choice than DaVinci Resolve for Mac. The tool provides an excellent level of color grading that is not available with any other program.
Not only that, it offers all the basic and powerful video editing functions, such as trimming, filters, and transitions. As for sound editing, you can apply various sound effects, add recordings, and mix the audio notes with precision.
- A free trial is available to test the pro version.
- It is not recommended for low-end computers.
- DaVinci Resolve does not let you import MKV files.
- The basic features are difficult to access.
Final Cut Pro is a video editor that Apple currently develops. The platform offers many features to precisely induct audio or music files into the video and align them professionally. You can remove background noise and manage the volume easily. Moreover, it offers various plugins for audio compression and EQ adjustment.
- It offers one of the modern interfaces for a video editor.
- The tool crashes during video processing.
- It is expensive.
- Some devices, such as title manager, are highly restrictive.
Kdenlive is an excellent software if you do not wish to burden your pockets. You can upload multiple videos into the timeline and edit them all at once. It has a simple interface that permits you to mix audio files instantly. Moreover, it supports all the standard aspect ratios, such as 16:9.
- It is open-source and available for all users.
- It does not support multi-frame video editing.
- There is little to no customer support.
- HD videos get broken on the tool's timeline.
It is another free tool that supports all the latest macOS versions and offers several built-in effects, color schemes, and filters. You can adjust the video frame rate and add whatever sound effects to the file as well.
- Limited functions.
- Outdated interface!
Though the name of Camtasia is synonymous with recording screen in HD, it is still a handy video editor. A comprehensive library is available within the tool that offers music tracks, transitions, intros/outros, and motion backgrounds.
- It runs on all desktop platforms.
- Itsupports a limited amount of file formats.
- It only offers a 30-day free trial.
Compressor is another top program to add songs and narrations to a video on macOS systems. The tool lets you insert 3D titles and convert clips to other file formats,
- It integrates with other video editors.
- Limited room to edit videos.
- 4K editing is not recommended with low RAM.
Part2. How to add audio to video on Mac No skills required!
The easy-to-use tool to add audio to video on Mac - Online UniConverter
Mac systems are capable of holding high-end programs such as video editor. However, for a frequent video editor who wishes to avoid any software on the desktop, we suggest performing the audio mixing and video editing process online.
We also recommend using the Online UniConverter by Wondershare. The service is user-friendly, offers extreme creative room, and supports every known video/audio file format. Not only that, the platform isn't just limited to macOS. Whether it be a smartphone or Windows PC, it runs on all devices.
The most significant advantage of using Online UniConverter is that you can perform the entire sound mixing activity online. You can upload files to the tool from your cloud storage services or Youtube and download the video directly on your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
Here are the must use utilities of the Online UniConverter:
- It can convert audio and video files.
- The online program can compress media files as well without any quality loss.
- You can render files at a 30x faster rate.
- It is also a top-level slideshow maker.
- The online service can merge more than two video files into one.
- Online UniConverter also lets you mute the video.
Three really simple steps to add audio to video on Mac using Online UniConverter
Step 1: Upload the clip to the Online UniConverter
Simply use your Mac's browser and open the online tool. Access the Add Audio to the Video function, and click on Choose Files to insert it to the platform.
Step 2: Mix the audio file with the video
Now, press Add Audio and import the sound file or song to the interface. Trim it, and change the video's output format. Lastly, press Merge to start the processing.
Step 3: Download the file
The last phase is saving the video to your Mac or cloud account. Click on the Download button to make that happen. You can also play the edited file online to check the editing outcome.
See, now you know how to add audio to a video on Mac with the Online UniConverter, which is extremely easy.
Now you know how to add audio to video on Mac and which tool you can use to ensure an efficient editing process. Each platform offers a unique set of skills, but there are specific limitations to them as well. Some are either too expensive or too complex for newbies. In that case, we suggest using the Online UniConverter, which is reliable and offers all the top features for free to make a video with suitable audio.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Proven Methods to Help Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Audio Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker | Easily Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers You Should Know
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Slideshow Apps for Instagram | Post a Photo Slideshow as You Wish
- Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
- Quickest Way to Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- Top 10 Online Video Slideshow Maker for Free
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates as You Like
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Love
- Learn How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Any Watermark
- [3 Easy Ways] How to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- 3 Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Workable Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- How to Quickly Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Complete Guide on How to Make Slideshow on TikTok