How to add audio to a video on iPhone easily in 2022
add audio to a video on iPhone
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Shooting video footage on your iPhone can be fun until you want to edit it. For example, you may want to add audio to video on iPhone without compromising the original video quality. In that case, you’ll need to find the best iPhone video editor with additional tools for trimming, cropping, compressing, and so on. So, keep reading to learn how to add audio to a video on iPhone using eight excellent apps. You’ll also know how to do the same on a smartphone, tablet, or computer with the best online video editor.
Part 1. The best 8 Apps to add audio to video on iPhone
Let’s commence this list with arguably the best video editor and maker for Android and iOS – Wondershare FilmoraGo. This software boasts an intuitive and feature-packed UI, making it perfect for experienced and novice users. You’ll get essential video-making features like transitions, emojis, filters, effects, texts, audio, and more on the platform. However, it’s the 1000+ royalty-free music files that make it stand out from the rest. You can download a piece of music and use it as your video’s background audio or iPhone ringtone. And after that, you can directly share the HD video with your social media friends.
- 1000+ royalty-free soundtracks.
- High-quality HD video exports.
- Costly in-app purchases.
Giving FilmoraGo some stiff competition is Splice. It’s a simple yet powerful app that makes creating beautiful video clips a breeze. With a simple screen tap, you can edit video clips by trimming, cropping, adjusting speed, applying background music, and creating slideshows. Interestingly, Splice offers free and paid users a music library with 400+ royalty-free music tracks to download and use as background audio. Also, you can customize your video with text overlays and attractive titles. Plus, Splice allows you to set the aspect ratio for YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram Stories.
- Free music library with 400+ music tracks.
- The customizable aspect ratio for social media videos.
- Missing 4K resolution export.
Next on this competitive list is Pinnacle Studio from Corel Inc. With this award-winning app, you can express your movie-making prowess on iPad or iPhone, thanks to the well-organized storyboard. Users can swiftly arrange video clips on the timeline and start customizing them with unique transitions, titles, background soundtracks, colorful texts, and so much more. You can even create fantastic video overlays or picture-in-picture effects on your video. Moreover, users can directly export 1080p videos to Facebook or YouTube.
- It offers 16+ unique video transitions.
- High-quality 1080p video exports.
- $2.99 download price.
Clipper lets you turn your videos into amazing mini-movies. This fantastic app allows you to import video clips on the storyboard and start arranging, adding music, applying effects, and perform other basic video-editing tasks. Also, Clipper will enable users to edit the video length by trimming with precision. Another thing, the app offers a music-packed library with up to six music genres – pop, electropop, dramatic, dubstep, piano, and folk. Unfortunately, you’ll have to upgrade to the $2.99 plan to remove the Clipper watermark from your outputs.
- Sime and nice-looking UI.
- Plenty of features.
- Clipper watermark on outputs.
Few apps can garner 4.8 stars on the strict App Store. Well, use VivaVideo if you want something tried and tested. This all-in-one video editor is great-looking and boasts an intuitive UI. Its basic video editing tools allow users to adjust the video speed, hue, contrast, and brightness. Users can also apply engaging cinematic transitions before branding their videos with a custom watermark. In addition, VivaVideo allows you to upload music, voiceovers, and sound effects to your video. Oh, lest I forget, you can apply custom stickers, texts, and fonts to videos. All said and done, it’s a nifty app to help you add audio to video on iPhone.
- Intuitive in-app tutorials.
- Directly share to social media and text messages.
- Lots of pesky ads.
Magisto is another household name in the file conversion scene. You can create amazing video clips, photo collages, and slideshows with a single tap on its free mobile app. The intelligent video editor allows you to add beautiful effects, filters, graphics, and music to your videos. Magisto also comes with a ton of ready-made templates, perfect for occasions like anniversaries, graduations, event invitations, and more. But as expected, users must subscribe to the $6.99 premium plan to remove the Magisto watermark.
- Hundreds of free video templates.
- It offers thousands of free iStock photos and videos.
- Create only 10-minute clips for premium users.
Don’t want to pay a dime for video-editing services on your iPhone? Use iMovie. This Apple product will help you edit and create high-quality MP4 and MOV movies on Mac, iPad, or iPhone. That aside, iMovie comes with an intuitive design with up to 14 trailer templates for creating movie trailers. It also features up to eight unique video themes for matching transitions, titles, and music. Speaking of music, iMovie boasts 80+ royalty-free soundtracks for adding to your video’s background. And yes, you can transfer projects between iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac to continue creating anywhere, anytime.
- Free, open-source Apple app.
- Share projects between iOS and Mac on iCloud Drive and AirDrop.
- Not best for green hands.
Lastly, use this free picture and video editor with advanced features to add audio to video on iPhone. With the video editor, you can trim, cut or delete an unwanted section, adjust video speed, and merge multiple clips into one beautiful file. Also, CapCut allows you to sync sound effects, voiceovers, and music tracks to your video. In addition, users can join video clips with smooth transitions to make the video more appealing. What’s more, you can add a video overlay to the main video.
- It comes with lots of sound effects and music tracks.
- Apply a video overlay over the main video.
- No advanced color grading tools
Part 2. How to add audio to video on iPhone with Media.io
As you can see, most dedicated iPhone apps above come with their fair share of drawbacks. Even worse, downloading one of these apps can eat up valuable storage space on your phone. So, why not create videos online for free using Media.io? Unlike dedicated apps, this software is perfect to use on computers and mobile devices without installing anything. The UI is simple to navigate and allows you to edit and convert between 1000+ video/audio formats. When adding audio to video, Media.io lets you preset the volume level and trim audio to match the video or movie length. And most importantly, you can export the edited video to any video format.
- Easy to add music to your YouTube orInstagram videos.
- It allows you to edit the audio by trimming, looping, or changing the volume after adding audio.
- Merge video and audiototally online without any other tool installed.
- It allows you to trim video to get your desired segment and select an appropriate output format.
- Free to use.
- Export high-quality HD 1080p videos.
- 24/7 multi-language customer support.
Now here is how to add audio to iPhone video using Media.io:
Step 1: Run the Add Audio to Video function.
Connect your iPhone to the internet and then use any updated web browser to access Media.io. Then, click Online Tools before choosing Add Audio to Video.
Step 2: Upload a video file to edit.
After opening the program successfully, click Choose Files to access your local media libraries and upload your video file. Alternatively, click the Google Drive or Dropbox icons to load a video file stored on the respective cloud storage.
Step 3: Add an audio file to use as background music.
Next, navigate to the right side of the screen, where you’ll see multiple actions to complete. Click the Add audio button to open local storage and add your music file. The uploading session will take a few seconds to complete.
Once the audio is added successfully, click the Cut icon to open the trimming function. Here, you can cut and loop the audio by manually entering the start/stop time or dragging the trimming timeline on each end. Either way, close the trimmer and then adjust the audio volume appropriately.
Step 4: Add audio to video on iPhone with lossless quality.
Are you ready to start adding audio to video? First, go to the preview screen and cross-check if the video needs further editing. After that, choose an appropriate video format on the Output format section. Finally, click Merge to add audio to video on iPhone. There it is!
These are the most straightforward methods on how to add audio to video on iPhone. But as said initially, the dedicated apps are pretty limited. Most have watermarked outputs, pesky ads, and expensive in-app purchases. So, use Media.io to enjoy a free and feature-rich platform to create Oscar award-winning videos in a heartbeat.
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online