How to Cut Music on Garageband
Cut Music on Garageband
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:25 pm
Whether you’re an iPhone, iPad, or Mac user, chances are that you might want to edit your tracks at some point. Luckily, you can use Garageband to trim, crop, merge, or even apply master effects to your songs. But do you know how to edit files using this fantastic app? At the end of this guidepost, you’ll know how to effectively cut tracks in Garageband and other online solutions such as the Online UniConverter and Audio Cutter Pro.
Part 1. How to Cut Tracks in Garageband Seamlessly
Learning how to cut in Garageband can be pretty intimidating at first. However, if you employ the right methods, trimming music here is as easy as it gets. Just make sure that you locate the perfect place to trim and zoom it closer. So, without much dilly-dallying, let’s dive in and find out how to cut music on Garageband with some simple steps:
Step 1: Launch Garageband on your computer and then load up your audio project by dragging it to the trimmer.
Step 2: Next, tap the play icon to find the part of your audio that you need to extract. After finding the part, place the playhead on the right spot and then click Edit > Split Regions at Playhead.
An easier way to split is to press CMD + T on your keyboard. Repeat the same procedure to set an end point.
Step 3: Click on the parts that you don’t want and press delete on your keyboard to erase them.
Step 4: Right-click your remaining audio part to rename it. Tap Share > Export Song to Disc to save your new music.
Part 2. [Recommended] Best Alternative to Garageband Cut Music Online
It’s evident that using Garageband to cut sound is not just anybody’s cup of tea. Therefore, I want to introduce you to an easier but more effective option in Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io). Unlike Garageband, this free music cutter online is straightforward to use. Also, it offers robust cutting options like adding fade effects, converting to popular audio formats, and more. Even better, Online UniConverter is available on any device that runs a browser.
Online UniConverter – Best Garageband Alternative
- Free music cutter that supports trimming of all audio formats like MP3, AU, AAC, FLAC, and more.
- Edits audio before trimming by applying fade effects and choosing a target format.
- Supports editing of all video and image formats by compressing, trimming, converting, and more.
- Upload audio for cutting from local and cloud storage.
- Excellent 24/7 customer support.
- Available in all HTML5 browsers, including Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera, Firefox, and more.
Steps on how to cut tracks using Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Add your music file
Firstly, launch the online Audio Cutter tool on the Online UniConverter site. After that, click the Add button or drop your music on the converter to upload it.
Step 2. Customize audio
Next, enter your start and end points for the audio file. An easier way is to drag the trim playheads at the beginning and ending points of your file. Don’t forget to apply your fade effects as well as playing the audio to preview changes before trimming.
Step 3. Trim Audio
Before you begin trimming, choose a target audio format under the Save to drop-down menu. Lastly, tap the CUT button to trim audio with Online UniConverter.
Part 3. 5 Other Online Free Music Cutter
In addition to the first two excellent options, I also want to show you some cool online free music cutter apps.
Number one on this competitive list is Audio Cutter Pro which is simple and intuitive to use by any user. Here, you can trim many audio files like FLAC, M4A, MP3, AU, AAC, OGG, and more. After uploading, this 100% free tool allows you to set a start and end point as well as the fade effects for your target audio. You can also rename the music file if you like. Be mindful of the adverts, however.
MP3cut is another simple and free music cutter that supports 300+ formats, including all audio formats. With it, you just need to upload your music file then choose a section to cut. Before trimming audio, Mp3cut allows you to select an audio preset. You can convert music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4R, and M4A. However, the upload and conversion speed of Mp3cut is nothing to write home about.
If you’re looking to edit PDF, archive, image, audio, video, you name it, visit AConvert. It allows you to add music file from Dropbox, Google Drive, URL links, or local drive before cutting, merging, or converting. But all the hype notwithstanding, AConvert is an ad-laden app. Also, the maximum audio size you can import is 200MB.
Going toe-to-toe with AConvert in terms of format support is Online-Convert. In fact, this free online tool has a slight edge because it allows you to convert media files to target device formats like Android, iPhone, PlayStation, Wii, PSP, and more. When transcoding audio files, Online-Convert edits the bitrate, sampling rate, audio channels, and of course, trim audio. But like AConvert, Online-Convert features some adverts.
At Inettools.net, you’ll enjoy tons of powerful file editing tools like never before. Apart from converting between media formats, it also edits by cutting, trimming, resizing, and more. You’ll also find unique tools such as a body mass index calculator, GIF maker, YouTube downloader, QR code generator, and more. Moreover, Inettools.net supports the drag-n-drop feature making your work even easier.
All said, learning how to cut track in Garageband is essential. That’s because it’s a free program that edits and plays audios offline in Apple devices. However, you can use Online UniConverter and the other online options to trim music online on any device. Just download a renowned browsers and connect your device to the internet to get going.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing