How to Cut Music on iMovie
Cut Music on iMovie
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:26 pm
Music undoubtedly plays an integral role in our daily lives. They make us feel relaxed and entertained. However, there are instances when you might need to cut MP3 files to remove unwanted parts or use as a ringtone. Luckily for Apple device users, you can trim Music for free using the robust iMovie app. But do you know how to cut Music on iMovie properly? Well, that’s precisely what this guidepost will take you through. So keep reading!
Part 1. How to cut Music on iMovie Mac Quickly and Easily
We’re going to start by learning how to cut Music in iMovie on your Mac. It’s a straightforward process and doesn’t require third-party plugins to do that. So, without much time-wasting, let’s find out how to do that:
How to edit sound clips with WMP
Step 1: Launch the iMovie app on your desktop. It is the white and purple star icon labeled iMovie.
Step 2: Launch the iMovie app on your desktop. It is the white and purple star icon labeled iMovie.
Step 3: Next, highlight your MP3 audio. You will see a yellow line with handles surrounding it.
Step 4: Now drag the right and left handles to set your preferred start and endpoint. The remaining parts will be deleted from the audio file.
Step 5: Finally, drag your remaining audio to the timeline below the screen to add the cut file to your project automatically.
Part 2. How to Cut Music on iMovie iPhone
You can also cut music or song files on your iPhone using the iMovie app with a few clicks. Just like on the Mac version, it’s straightforward to do so on your iPhone. You only need to apply these steps to trim audio in iMovie:
Step 1: First of all, download and install the iMovie app from Apple store to your iPhone. After installing it, run the app and then import audio.
Step 2: Now drag the MP3 audio to the timeline to start splitting or trimming. You’ll see the sound appear with yellow handles.
Step 3: Next, move the cut handles to set the start and endpoint. You can also move the play-head on your audio to the desired position and then click the “Scissors” icon located at the bottom-left corner before clicking Split.
Step 4: If you’re satisfied with the result, tap Done to save changes. You can even share it with family or friends by clicking Share.
Part 3. Best iMovie Music Cutter Online Free
As we’ve seen, iMovie is a helpful audio trimming app. However, it’s available to Apple device users only. Even worse, it is not a beginner-friendly app. In that case, I recommend the Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io). With this music online cutter, users can trim audios easily, thanks to its straightforward nature. It also allows users to set the all-important fade effects before cutting. And unlike iMovie, which primarily supports AIFF, MP3, WAV, and AAC formats, this tool supports more than ten audio formats. You can import FLAC, AAC, OGG, AU, and other unique audio formats.
Wondershare UniConverter – Best iMovie Alternative
- Cut MP3 files easily and quickly with fade in and fade out effects.
- Supports more than ten audio formats, including MP3, FALC, AAC, AU, OGG, and more.
- Edits MP3 files by compressing, cutting, and converting to other formats.
- Supports the editing of video files by rotating, cutting, flipping, converting, and more.
- Converts between standard image formats such as BMP, PNG, TIFF, and JPEG.
Step-by-step process to cut Music using Online UniConverter
Step 1. Add your music file
Visit the Online UniConverter and then drop your audio directly on the app. Alternatively, tap the Add button to the same.
Step 2. Cut audio
Now it’s time to cut sound. To do that, drag the trim handles to set the start/end time. You can also set your fade-in and fade-out effects.
Step 3. Save your changes
Last but not least, click Save to and choose MP3 format before clicking CUT. Online UniConverter will trim your audio file quickly and with lossless quality output. You can click the eventual DOWNLOAD button to save the audio locally or on Dropbox. It’s that simple!
iMovie is undoubtedly an excellent file editing app. But as I’ve said, it’s interface can be a bit confusing, especially to novice users. Also, you can only edit a limited number of audio formats. So, instead of going through the pains and hassle of using iMovie, I recommend that you use Online UniConverter. It’s quick, straightforward, and feature-rich. And don’t forget that you only need a browser and internet connection to use this app.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing