How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:25 pm
It is an open secret that Final Cut Pro X is one of the most robust audio clip editor apps for desktops. It comes with excellent file editing functions that will enable you to create custom ringtones in minutes. However, it can be time-consuming and soul-crushing if you’re still a beginner on this feature-rich platform. Luckily for you, this insightful article will introduce you to some helpful Final Cut Pro audio editing tips and tricks. Let’s find out!
Part 1. How to Trim Audio in Final Cut Pro
In this part, I’m going to show you how to use the trimmer function of Final Cut Pro to cut sound. It is a straightforward procedure if you apply the correct steps as I will show you below.
Step 1: Launch Final Cut Pro and then choose a clip that you want to cut in the timeline.
Step 2: Next, select your audio clip then choose the Expand Audio Components option.
Step 3: You will see a pointer that turns into a trim tool. Position it at the edge of your audio and then drag to cut that section. To undo trim, simply press Command + Z on your keyboard.
Step 4: Now play the trimmed audio to see if it meets your expectations. You can now collapse the audio components by selecting the clip and then clicking the Collapse Audio Components option.
Part 2. [Recommended] Final Cut Pro Audio Clip Editor Online Alternative
It’s evident that using the Final Cut Pro can be challenging, especially to beginners. Even worse, this desktop audio clip editor is available on Mac and PC only. Fortunately, you can still edit audio clips on any device using the Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io). Unlike Final Cut Pro X, this file editing website is simple to use and supports more than 10 audio formats. You can edit WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AU, OGG, and more. And similar to the desktop editor, Online UniConverter edits video files as well. Oh, lest I forget, this website also edits image files by converting, making GIFs, and compressing.
Online UniConverter - # Audio Clip Editor
- Audio clip editor that supports all standard audio formats, including FLAC, OGG, AAC, MP3, etc.
- Edit audio by cropping, trimming, converting, and compressing with lossless quality.
- Supports editing of video and image formats such as PNG, JPG, BMP, VOB, MOV, MP4, and more.
- Free to use with no annoying adverts.
- Professional 24/7 multilingual customer support.
- Available on all HTML5 web browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, and more.
Step-by-step process of how to trim an audio clip with Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Launch Audio Trimmer tool
On your HTML5 browser, click Online Tools section before choosing Audio Cutter tool.
Step 2. Add your audio
Next, drag-and-drop your audio clip on the converter section. An alternative way is to click the Add button to upload audio from local drives.
Step 3. Trim audio
Now drag the purple trim playheads at the start and end of your audio clip. Also, set the fade effects before clicking the play icon to preview your audio.
If satisfied, open the Save to list and choose a format. Choose MP3 for better device compatibility.
Step 4. Save changes
Lastly, press the CUT button to start trimming audio with zero quality loss. You can download it to your local storage or Dropbox after conversion. That’s it!
Part 3. Final Cut Pro Audio Editing Tips & Tricks
Of course, I understand that some of you might be getting started with Final Cut Pro audio editing tools. If that’s the case, I want to show you some helpful Final Cut Pro tips and tricks to make your audio editing experience worthwhile.
Learn the keyboard shortcuts – I know this might sound pretty obvious. However, mastering the keyboard shortcuts is always a welcome plus, especially if you’re using an advanced tool like Final Cut Pro X. For example, you can press C to select a clip when skimming in the timeline.
Turn off the magnetic timeline – Magnetic timelines is undeniably one of the main reasons why people avoid using FCPX. With the magnetic timeline, your audio will automatically become the next playing clip once you drag it down to the timeline. Although this can be a plus if you want to edit quickly, it can be a problem sometimes. Luckily, you can deactivate this feature by pressing P or setting the timeline to Position.
Maximize the rage tool – The rage tool is an underrated feature that will help you adjust audio settings easily. It applies to four keyframe elements and will help you lower or raise the audio volume effortlessly. Simply press R and lasso the section of your clip that you want to adjust.
Match the frames – Sometimes you might want to compare a clip in, let’s say, a browser to the one already in the timeline. To do that, just hit Shift + F and compare your clips. This should save you the stress of dragging out the timeline handless to see if there is anything left out.
Better sound editing – Everybody love high-quality results. So, to enjoy great sound editing, disable the video display on the timeline and then increase the wavefoam size. To do this quickly, you can press the light switch located in the bottom-right corner.
With these simple tips and tricks, you can edit sound on Final Cut Pro hassle-free. But if you find the platform to be too complicated, you can opt for the online alternative. With the Online UniConverter, you are sure of fast conversions, simple UI, and quality results. So, why not give it a try?
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing