How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
Edit MP3 Audio File Online
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Dec 11,2020 15:04 pm
Nothing can beat the feeling that you get while listening to your favorite music on an MP3 player. Besides delivering superior sound quality up to 320Kbps, MP3 is small in size and compatible with most devices. However, you might need to edit an MP3 file by, let’s say, trimming, compressing, and more. If that’s the case, you should read on because I’m going to introduce you to some top-class audio MP3 editor apps.
Part 1. How to Edit an MP3 File Using Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is certainly not new to PC users. Although the interface is a bit complicated to beginner, WMP offers a great platform to play your music and video files in an organized way. But did you know that WMP also features a beautiful file editor? Well, all you need is to install a third-party plugin called SolveigMM WMP Trimmer. It’s a lightweight tool that will cost you nothing to install. Also, it will seamlessly integrate with your WMP, leaving you with a robust file editor.
How to edit sound clips with WMP
Step 1: After installing the SolveigMM plugin successfully, launch the WMP.
Step 2: Now click “Tools” on the main menu toolbar before clicking the SolveMM WMP Trimmer Home Edition option.
Step 3: At the bottom of the WMP home window, you’ll see the plugin. On it, click the folder icon to import your MP3 file.
Step 4: Now drag the trimmer timeline to set the starting point for your MP3 file. You can also trim by entering the start and end time manually.
Step 5: Finally, tap the Trim button to begin cutting audio.
Part 2. 5 Best Free Online MP3 Editors
Instead of installing a third-party plugin, why not edit your MP3 online directly? There are hundreds of online tools that can trim, convert, or compress your MP3 file with lossless quality. Here are the best five:
First forward is Mp3cut.net. With this online audio MP3 editor, you’ll easily cut audio right inside your browser. After uploading your MP3 successfully, this app allows you to choose a suitable start and end time before selecting a target format. You can convert MP3 to WAV, FLAC, M4R, and M4A. Although this selection is quite limited, it’s nice to have a site that converts your files for free. And in addition to that, you can merge audios here easily as well.
AudioTrimmer is another excellent option for editing MP3 files online. On this simple tool, you will trim audios on the fly. Also, it supports more than ten audio formats, including APE, OPUS, AAC, MP3, M4A, and more. and on top of trimming audios successfully, this app can also apply fade effects. However, it’s upload and conversion speed is quite slow. Additionally, AudioTrimmer features some ads. But that aside, it is a beautiful audio editing app.
Online-Convert is beautiful file conversion website that needs no expertise use. It is straightforward and feature-rich. On it, users can convert between all popular audio formats, including FLAC, AAC, MP3, M4A, 3GP, and more. Not only that; users can also change the bitrate, sampling rate, audio channel, and trim audio. However, the upload and conversion speed of Online-Convert is quite average. But overall, it’s a nice MP3 editor.
Besides Online-Convert, music lovers can also visit Online Converter to edit their files. It is free to use, simple, and convenient. Here, you will transcode MP3 to OPUS, AIFF, M4R, FLAC, WMA, and other audio formats. You can also convert MP3 to iPhone, Android, iPad, or Mobile presets. Even more, users can compress, cut, increase volume, as well as convert MP3 to video formats. On the flip side, Online Converter features some ads. Also, it has a maximum file upload limit.
The final online MP3 editor on this list is Convertio. When new to this site, you’ll be amazed by its simplicity and features. It’s quick to load up and features some powerful customization tools. With Convertio, users can convert MP3 to WAV, CAF, FLAC, AC3, and other standard audio formats. It can also cut MP3 as well as adjust codec, frequency, volume and more. But the hype aside, Convertio features some ads. On top of that, 100MB is the maximum upload size.
Part 3. [Recommended] Best Way to Edit Sound Clips Online Free
Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io) is the most professional audio MP3 editor online app. On this neatly arranged site, you will edit an MP3 file by cutting, compressing, and converting to AAC, AU, OGG, M4A, and more. On top of editing MP3, you’ll also edit video by converting, cropping, trimming, compressing and more. What’s more, you’ll also get a robust image compressor and converter. And lest I forget, you can install a plugin of this beautiful MP3 editor on your browser for quicker later access.
Online UniConverter – Best MP3 Editor
- Convert MP3 to AU, OGG, M4A, FLAC, and many other audio formats.
- Edit an MP3 file by cutting, adding fade effects, and compressing without quality loss.
- Convert between all popular video formats like VOB, MP4, MOV, FLV, and more.
- Edit video by cropping, trimming, rotating, and more.
- Supports all popular image formats, including TIFF, BMP, JPEG, and PNG.
- Resize images by compressing losslessly.
How to edit an MP3 with Online UniConverter
Step 1. Add your MP3 file
After visiting Online UniConverter, tap the Add icon to add your MP3 file. A simpler method is to drop audio on the converter.
Step 2. Trim audio
Next, drag the trim timeline to set a starting point and endpoint for your audio. You can also preset the fade effects.
Step 3. Save changes
If you want to convert MP3 to a different format, click Save To and choose the format. After that, tap CUT. After a successful conversion, you’ll see a DOWNLOAD button. Click on it to save your audio locally or on Dropbox.
Stacking up the seven MP3 editors above, it is clear that Online UniConverter is the most convenient option. For starters, it allows you to download a plugin on your browser for quick future access. Also, it’s simple to use, ad-free and features many MP3 editing functions, including a sound trimmer. So, use this site for high-quality outputs.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing