How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
Change iPhone Ringtone
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:25 pm
The iPhone is undeniably the most popular smartphone today. It is fun to use, durable, and reliable. But one of the main features of iPhone is its ability to offer free ringtones. However, free iPhone ringtones can be irritating at times because of their repetitive nature. That’s why in this article, we want to learn how to change ringtone on iPhone to make it stand out from the crowd. Read on!
Part 1. How to Make Free iPhone Ringtones on iTunes
Did you know that you can create a custom ringtone iPhone using iTunes? However, you’ll have to do that on iTunes Mac or PC. That’s because iTunes 12.7 has removed the Tones library where you could sync your iPhone tracks directly. With that said, here are the steps to make free ringtones on iTunes:
That said, here’s how to edit sound clips with WMP:
Step 1: First of all, ensure that you iTunes is of the latest version. After that, launch the app then open your song there by clicking File > Add File to Library. You can even upload a whole folder by choosing the Add Folder to Library option.
Step 2: After opening it on iTunes, right-click the song and then choose the Song Info option.
Step 3: On the pop-up window, tap the Options tab and then enter the start and stop times in their respective textboxes. To make a professional iTunes ringtone, ensure that it’s no more than 30 seconds long. click Ok to continue.
Step 4: Next, convert your new file to AAC version. To do that, tap the File button then go to Convert before clicking Convert to AAC Version.
Step 5: Now delete the original files and keep the new AAC version.
Step 6: It doesn’t end there, though, because you have to change your AAC file’s extension from .m4a to .m4r, which is compatible with iTunes. To do that, find your AAC file in your local storage by clicking File and then tapping Show in Finder or Show in Windows Explorer.
Step 7: To change .m4a to .m4r. on Mac, tap File > Get Info and then change the settings under the Name & Extension section. On Windows, click View > File name extensions > Home tab > Rename.
Step 8: Connect your iPhone to your computer and then transfer the cut ringtone to your mobile device.
Step 9: Finally, set your transferred song as iPhone ringtone. To do that, open Settings and then choose Sound & Haptics before tapping Ringtone. Congratulations! You have changed your iPhone ringtone successfully.
Part 2. Easier Way to Make Custom Ringtone iPhone Online
Personally, I’m not a fan of making custom iPhone ringtones on iTunes. That’s because there are much simpler methods such as the Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io). Unlike the iTunes method, using the Online UniConverter is pretty seamless and should generate M4R ringtone in seconds. On top of merely cutting audios, this website also allows you to set fade effects as well as convert to any other audio format. Even juicier, users can cut tracks directly on iPhone.
Online UniConverter – Best Song Cutter
- Ad-free, straightforward user interface.
- Create free iPhone ringtones with fade effects from MP3, AU, AAC, FLAC, and more.
- Convert songs to MP3, M4R, M4A, OOG, and other audio formats quickly.
- Edit all standard image/video formats by converting, compressing, making GIFs, and more.
- Create custom ringtone iPhone on any browser, including Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and more.
- Friendly 24/7 customer support.
Steps on how to change ringtone on iPhone with Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Launch the Audio Cutter
After launching the Online UniConverter, open the Online Tools drop-down menu and then choose Audio Cutter under the Audio tab.
Step 2. Add your song
Next, drop your song on the converter or tap the plus button to import a song from local storage. Wait for a few seconds for the program to finish uploading your song that you intend to cut.
Step 3. Customize audio
Drag the purple start and end handles to set a duration for your iPhone ringtone. Ensure that your duration is not more than 30 seconds for quality results. After than set the fade effects and choose the M4R format under the Save To list. Although choosing MP3 is another option, M4R delivers a similar sound quality but with lower memory size.
Step 4. Make your iPhone ringtone
Lastly, tap the CUT button to begin making a custom iPhone ringtone using the Online UniConverter. After the trimming process, you can download the audio your local drive or Dropbox and set it as your new ringtone. Now that was super-easy, right?
Part 3. Brief Comparison Between iTunes and Online iPhone Ringtone Maker
Although I’m confident that you have already decided to use Online UniConverter, let me quickly take you through a comparison table to help you make a firm decision.
|Features and Specifications||Online UniConverter||iTunes|
|Supported audio formats||MP3, M4A, M4R, AIFF, AU, OPUS, OGG, and more||AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, and Apple Lossless|
|Supported video formats||VOB, MOV, MP4, M4V, FLV, AVI, MPEG, and more||MP4, M4V, and MOV|
|Audio cutting features||Set fade effects, duration, and convert to other formats||Set duration and convert only|
|Device compatibility||Online on any device with a browser and internet connection||Mac and PC only|
It is pretty obvious that Online UniConverter is the superior app when it comes to making custom ringtone iPhone. It’s straightforward, feature-laden, and supports plenty of file formats. To add on that, you’ll enjoy a free customer service to ensure that you don’t go wrong anywhere. All said, it is the best option of the two.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing