How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
How to Make Ringtone for iPhone
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:25 pm
If you want to learn how to make ringtone for iPhone easily, read on. Typically, your iPhone comes with a ton of default ringtones to use at will. You can even add on that collection by purchasing more from iTunes Store. However, you might want to create your own custom ringtone for iPhone. So, what do you do? All you need is to get an audio trimmer. But with the vast collection on the market, landing the perfect one is no cakewalk. In that case, I want us to learn how to make the best ringtones for iPhone easily.
Part 1. How to Make a Ringtone for iPhone with iTunes
The Apple iPhone comes with the default iTunes where you can download some free music files and use them as your ringtone. But did you know that iTunes is also an iPhone ringtone maker in disguise? Well, making ringtones on iTunes is even easier than you might think. Even better, there are no limitations on the amount of songs that you can change into a custom ringtone. With that said, just apply these steps to make your own ringtone with iTunes:
Step 1: Launch the iTunes app on your computer. Ensure that you are using an updated or the latest version.
Step 2: Now let’s dive into the fun part, which is to select the track that you’d like to cut into a ringtone. Keep in mind, however, that iPhone ringtones play for at least 30 seconds or less.
Step 3: Next, select the start and stop points for your iPhone ringtone. To do that, right—click the track and then choose the Song Info option.
Step 4: From the resulting window, tap the Options tab and manually enter the start and stop times on their respective fields. Click Ok to continue. Also keep in mind the 30-second duration.
Step 5: Although iPhone accepts MP3 files, I recommend that you convert your ringtone to AAC because it’s smaller and offers similar sound quality. To do that, tap File and then choose Convert before tapping Convert to AAC Version.
Step 6: Once you’ve cut audio successfully, you’ll see it appear below the original copy. Now drag it to your preferred file location.
Step 7: Because iTunes uses .m4r extension, you’ll need to change your AAC files’ extension to iTunes supported one. To do that, right-click the song and then choose the Show in Finder option. You’ll see your new ringtone highlighted in blue.
Right-click it then tap on the Get Info option before choosing Use .m4r button.
Step 8: Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and then drop your new ringtone on the iPhone name. You can now set it as your custom ringtone.
Part 2. Best Online iPhone Ringtone Maker [Recommended]
Obviously, the iTunes method is too long and complicated for beginners to use. Therefore, I recommend Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io) to make custom iPhone ringtones online. Unlike iTunes, this app is pretty straightforward. In fact, it will take you less than a minute to make custom ringtones with some four simple steps.
Online UniConverter – Best iPhone Ringtone Maker
- Best iPhone ringtone maker that supports creating of iTunes from 10+ popular audio formats.
- Edits iPhone ringtones by cutting, compressing, apply fade effects, and converting to MP3, FLAC, M4R, M4A, etc.
- Supports the editing of video formats by compressing, converting, cropping, trimming, and more.
- Edit image formats such as GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and JPEG easily.
- Supported by Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, and other HTML5 browsers.
- Friendly 24/7 customer support.
Now let’s see how to make a ringtone for an iPhone using Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Upload your audio
After launching the Audio Cutter tool on Online UniConverter, drop your song on the trimming section or click the + button to import audio.
Step 2. Cut audio
After adding your song successfully, drag the playhead handles on the start and stop points of your audio. After that, add in your fade effects before tapping the play icon to preview your audio.
Step 3. Create an iPhone ringtone
Now open the Save To drop-down list and choose M4R format. Lastly, click the CUT button to trim your audio. You can download it on your local drive on Dropbox and use it as your custom iPhone ringtone.
Part 3. 5 Other iPhone Ringtone Maker Online Options
To add on the Online UniConverter option, you can also make your own ringtone for iPhone using these online apps.
MP3Cutter is a beautiful online file editor that is 100% free. It supports any audio and video format including M4R, M4A, MP3, MP4, 3GP, VOB, and more. On top of trimming audios, this tool can also compress video, convert audio, and join audio. However, the cutting speed of this app is quite slow.
Online-Convert is another wonderful audio cutter that converts among standard audio formats. When converting, Online-Convert allows you to trim audio, adjust bitrate, change channel, and more. And of course, it also supports the editing of image, video, document, archive, and eBook formats as well. Unfortunately, users must navigate through the ads.
MP3food is an absolutely free site that is safe and simple to use. On this website, users can make custom iPhone ringtones from the comfort of their computers, smartphones, or even tablets. Simply upload an audio by dropping and choose a start and end point to begin cutting. Sadly, MP3food feature limited file editing functions.
Kapwing is a nice audio trimming website that is easy to use and lets you trim audios to your desired length. It features lots of tools, including a meme maker, video maker, subtitle adder, audio trimmer, image converter, and more. However, Kapwing’s free version is quite limited when it comes to speed and upload size.
The final online iTunes alternative is Mp3cut. Here, you can upload more than 300 file formats, audio included. After cutting audio for your iPhone, Mp3cut allows you to convert it to WAV, FLAC, MP3, M4A, and of course, M4R. But like most on this list, Mp3cut features adverts.
It’s evident that making iPhone ringtones on iTunes is a long and complicated process. Therefore, I advise that you opt for the online options. With Online UniConverter, you’ll enjoy easy, fast, and professions audio trimming experience.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing