How to Trim WAV File
Trim WAV File
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:24 pm
Today, audio files come in different sizes and formats, WAV being one of them. However, there are instances when you might need to edit and trim WAV file. For example, you might need to use a specific part of your WAV audio as a ringtone or alarm notification. Also, you might want to edit WAV by converting it to another device-friendly format. In that case, getting a WAV trimmer is a no brainer. So, keep reading to learn the best options.
Part 1. How to Cut WAV File with WAV Cutter Easily
WAV Cutter is a dedicated desktop app that trims WAV files professionally, just as the name suggests. It is a lightweight audio editing app that is straightforward and features basic editing functions. However, you should take note that WAV Cutter supports WAV files only. That aside, here’s how to cut WAV file using WAV Cutter:
Step 1: Download, install, and run WAV Cutter on your computer and then tap the Open button to import a local WAV file.
Step 2: Your WAV audio will play automatically after importing it. Drag the Play timeline to choose a start point then press the Select Start button. Again, drag it then ta the Select Endoption.
Step 3: Tap the Play Selected button to preview your audio file and then press the Save button to rename it and export your new WAV audio.
Part 2. Top 5 Online WAV Trimmer Sites
To add on WAV Cutter, you can also trim audio using some top-class websites. Here are the top five:
AudioTrimmer is a beautiful audio cutter that’s simple to navigate and manipulate. It supports standard audio formats like WAV, AMR, OGG, OPUS, MP3, and more. In addition to trimming audio, it can also convert MP3, change tempo, adjust volume, and reverse audio. On the flip side, AudioTrimmer supports a maximum of 100MB only. Also, you’ll have to navigate through the ads on the site.
- Simple to use
- Extensive format support
- Quick conversions
- Limited memory size
- Has some adverts
AConvert is another top audio converter that doesn’t need special expertise to use. Here, you can cut WAV, M4A, AAC, MP3, OGG, and other audio formats. Just import a WAV file, enter a start position and duration, then click Submit to start cutting. But like AudioTrimmer, AConvert has its disadvantages. For starters, it supports a maximum file size of 200MB. Also, AConvert is ad-infested.
- Easy to navigate
- Supports multiple file formats
- Nice editing features
- Small upload size
- Has adverts
With Online-Convert, users can transcode between almost any file format. It supports video, audio, image, archive, document, and eBook formats. When it comes to cutting audio, Online-Convert allows you to set the start/end time. You can also change the bitrate, sampling rate, and channels. Overall, it’s one of the best online WAV converters out there.
- Excellent customization options
- Beautiful and simple UI
- Supports multiple formats
- Limited upload memory size
- Has some adverts
Bearaudio is so feature-rich that you might confuse it with a professional desktop app. With this online cutter, you can trim MP3, WAV, and OGG with lossless quality. After cutting WAV, you can export audio in either MP3, M4R, OGG, ACC, or WMA. However, Bearaudio is not beginner-friendly. Also, it features annoying ads.
- Extensive editing functions
- Fast conversions
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Limited format support
- Not beginner-friendly
Finally, you can use Online Audio Cutter to trim WAV professionally. This site is simple enough and can handle all audio formats, including WAV, AAC, M4R, MP3, and more. After setting the start/end time, Online Audio Cutter allows you to select a target format from up to seven popular options.
- Supports multiple audio formats
- Quick upload and conversions
- Simple to use
- Supports audio editing only
- Ads on the UI
Part 3. Best Way to Trim WAV File Online Effortlessly
As you can see, all the online options above feature serious drawbacks. Luckily, you can still cut WAV file online without limitations using Online UniConverter (Originally Media.io). With it, you can trim and convert any audio format, including OGG, AU, AMR, MP3, AAC, and more. Online UniConverter also offers additional tools such as an MP3 converter, audio compressor, video editor, image converter, and more. Plus, the app smoothly operates on all HTML5 websites.
Online UniConverter – Best WAV Trimmer
- Cut WAV file professionally with precise start/end times.
- Supports cutting and editing of all common audio formats, including FLAC, MP3, AAC, etc.
- Supports cloud and local storage uploads before editing.
- Edit video formats by compressing, cutting, cropping, and more.
- 24/7 friendly customer support.
- Browser Support: Apple Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and other HTML5 browsers.
Step-by-step guide to trim WAV file using Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Load your WAV file
Use your browser to run this WAV trimmer and then drop your WAV file on the converter. Alternatively, press the Add button to import your local WAV file.
Step 2. Set WAV preferences
After the site has finished uploading WAV successfully, drag the purple cut handles at the start and end of your audio. Repeat the process until you find a suitable starting and ending point for the audio.
Step 3. Trim WAV file
Now choose a target audio format under the Save to tab before pressing the CUT button. After the process, tap the DOWNLOAD button to save your audio locally or on Drobox. That was easy, right?
So, this insightful guidepost solve your trim WAV file problems? I hope so. With the Online UniConverter, you will enjoy super-fast conversions, extensive format support, and unlimited file editing function. And more importantly, this free site is ad-free.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing