How to Insert GIF in PowerPoint
Add Animated GIF to PowerPoint
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 21:20 pm
How to make your PowerPoint presentations interesting? Add humor, convert a message, or to get the attention of the users, a GIF file can be added. These animation files are more comfortable to add in comparison to videos and occupy much lesser space. If you are looking for a solution on how to insert GIF in PowerPoint, you are reading on the right page. Below listed are the methods to add GIF to PowerPoint.
Part 1. How to Put GIF in PowerPoint on Windows
On your Windows system, you can insert an animated GIF into PowerPoint, just like any other image. The process of adding animation is quick and straightforward. You can either add the GIF files downloaded and saved to your local system or can also use the online image search option of the PowerPoint to find the desired file.
Steps on How to Put GIF in PowerPoint on Windows
Step 1. Open the PowerPoint presentation slide where you wish to insert the animation files.
Step 2. Choose the Insert tab and then click on the Pictures button. From the pop-up Insert Picture dialog box, browse and search the GIF file that you want to add and click on the Insert button. The added animation can be dragged and moved to place it at the desired location.
Step 3. During the regular view of the slide, the added animation will be static. To make it work, go to the Slideshow tab and click on the From Current Slide button.
The animation is added and will now work in your PowerPoint presentation.
Part 2. How to Add a GIF to PowerPoint Using Online Image Feature
PowerPoint also has an online image feature using which you can search for the online animations and add them to the desired slide. There is a decent collection of online GIF animations that can be searched for. The process of adding a GIF to PowerPoint is simple.
Steps on How to Add GIF to PowerPoint using Online Image Feature
Step 1. Run the PowerPoint and move to the slide in the presentation where you want to place the GIF animation.
Step 2. Choose the Insert tab and then select the Clip Art option in Windows 2010 or Online Pictures option in 2013 and newer versions of PowerPoint.
Step 3. In the search box, type GIF or animated and then press the Enter button. For more refined search, you can add a keyword like animated clouds, corporate GIF, or any other. Enable the check-box at Creative Commons Only to search for the files that can be legally used.
Step 4. After selecting the desired GIF animation, click on the Insert button to include it in your slide.
Part 3. Insert Animated GIF into Photoshop on Mac
On your Mac, an animated GIF file saved locally to your system can be added to a PowerPoint presentation in a quick, straightforward manner. The animated file can be used to highlight a specific part, add some humor, convey a message, and others.
Steps on How to Add a GIF in PowerPoint on Mac
Step 1. On your Mac, open the PowerPoint presentation and go to the slide where you want you're animated to be added.
Step 2. On the main interface, select the Pictures option and then select Picture from File option.
Step 3. From the browser window, select the GIF file saved on your system and then click on the Insert button. The animation will be added, and its location can be moved as needed.
Step 4. Next, to enable and activate the animation, choose the Slide Show tab and then select Play from Current Slide option.
The above listed are various methods on how to get a GIF to work on PowerPoint on your Windows and Mac system.
Are you looking for a universal software to create a funny GIF? Don't worry! Wondershare UniConverter is waiting for you.
- 5 Best Face GIF Maker Apps in 2020 – Add Face to GIF
- How to Set a GIF as Wallpaper on Your iPhone and Android
- 10 Best Reverse GIF Tools – Reverse Animated GIF Easily
- How to Make GIF Background Transparent and Change Color
- How to Slow Down or Speed Up a GIF
- How to Delete and Save GIF on Facebook
- 7 Best Methods to Convert PDF to GIF
- Best 5 GIF Sites and GIF Meaning
- How to Create and Send a GIF on WhatsApp---Free GIF for Whatsapp
- How to Upload and Save GIFs on Tumblr
- How to Put a GIF in Outlook and Gmail Email
- Add Filters to GIF in 3 Ways【Tutorial】
- How to Put GIFs on Snapchat in 2 Ways
- How to Create GIF in Photoshop
- Add Image to GIF with Simple Steps
- How to Save & Download GIFs on iPhone and Android
- 7 Best Way to Convert Facebook Video to GIF
- Top 20 Animated GIF Maker and Editor in 2020
- 15 Best GIF Maker from Video: Change Video to GIF
- Best GIF to WebM Converter in 2020
- Top 5 Animated SVG to GIF Converter You Should Know
- How to Make a GIF and Post on Twitter
- Top 6 Twitter Video Converters---Twitter Video to GIF
- How to Save GIFs from Twitter to Your Computer or Phone
- How to Post a GIF on Instagram in Different Ways
- How to Post a GIF on Facebook in 4 Ways
- How to Convert AVI to GIF on Different Devices
- How to Convert JPEG to GIF in 7 Ways
- How to Make GIFs from Video/Images and Upload to Tumblr Easily
- Rotate GIF – How to Mirror a GIF?
- How to Send a GIF in Text
- How to Insert GIF in PowerPoint
- How to Convert GIF to MP3 Audio Format
- How to Convert WMV to GIF Effectively
- How to Convert GIF to MP4 in 15 Ways
- Top 10 Tools for Convert GIF to Video & Movie
- Best GIF to Word Document Converter in 2020
- How to Play GIF in PowerPoint
- 10 Best GIF to MOV Converter Tools in 2020
- 8 Methods to Convert MOV to GIF in Win & Mac
- Top 10 SWF to GIF Converter Free Download
- Convert GIF to SWF in 6 Different Ways
- How to Convert GIF to PDF Easily?
- How to Save or Download GIFs On PC and Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Convert Instagram Video to GIF Image
- 8 Ways to Convert GIF to Instagram Video
- How to Make a GIF on iPhone and Android
- How to Make a GIF from a YouTube Video Effortlessly
- MP4 to GIF: Convert MP4 to GIF Easily in Different Devices
- Top 8 WebM to GIF Converters in 2020