How to Convert JPEG to GIF in 7 Ways
How to Turn a JPEG into a GIF
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 21:19 pm
JPEG and GIF are among the most popular formats. JPEG refers to the Joint Photographic Experts Group, which uses many color options. It is the main reason you often use them for photographs. The standard image format consists of compressed and lossy image data while maintaining a reasonable quality of the image. Moreover, the compression feature makes them widely used to file the internet, mobile devices, and computers.
On the other hand, GIF utilizes less disk space and contains animation and transparent areas. Hence, GIF is called an animated image. The animated image is quite different from the animated video; it is more like a flipbook and holds multiple photos at a time. However, to create beautiful memes and other emotions, GIFs are gaining high-end popularity.
In this article, we will discuss the top 7 ways or tools by which you can convert JPEG to GIF and share the moments on apps like Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and other social media. All these platforms are thoroughly researched and significantly compared with other best tools available in-system as well as online.
Try Online UniConverter Now | Convert JPEG to GIF Online and Free
Part 1. Top 5 Online JPEG to GIF Converters
We are now introducing the best five online converters available to convert JPEGs to animated GIFs. Let’s see the description of each one by one.
Onlineconverterfree uses a bit complex interface with all the information on the front landing page. As you enter the site, it says, Convert JPEG to GIF and a lot of ads if you are not having any of plans subscribed. However, the site supports thousands of different formats in various sub-categories such as AAI, ARW, BPG, BMP, etc. in images; and epub, fb2, and Mobi in books and so on. The section of supporting file formats includes Images, Books, Documents, Archive, Audio, and Video.
Onlinejpgtools is our next best version of ad-free tools. This JPEG to GIF converter uses many options such as generate random JPG, pixelate a JPG, blur JPG, converting JPG to Data URI, duplicating a JPG, etc. However, the tool transforms JPG to static GIFs only, so there is no facility for creating an animated GIF. Furthermore, you can also go for selecting a single solid color as the GIF transparency color. Its producers are very creative and are in their way of creating more amazing features such as Convert JPG to WebP, Skew a JPG, Convert ICO to JPEG, etc.
MyGeodata Converter is an easy and straightforward tool supporting more than 3000 coordinate systems in various formats such as RAR, ZIP, GZIP, TAR, and 7Z, etc. It is also an ad-free site providing unlimited conversions after subscribing their one of the plans. You can use a simple drag and drop feature for quick conversion. It transmits all JPG to GIF, commonly used in software like QGIS.
In their free plan, you get only three conversions per month. Moreover, the site supports many other online apps such as MyGeodata Drive, MyGeodata Map, Transform Coordinates, and MyGeodata API.
Convertio provides a modern-looking site interface to convert your JPEG to GIF format. It also supports another file conversion such as JPEG to DOCX, JPEG to JPG, JPEG to PDF, and PPTX to JPEG, etc. They have separate pricing plans to offer unlimited conversions per day. The interface is much more straightforward, where you get all the information at the top with very fewer ads. Convertio offers several other features such as video converter, audio converter, archive converter, font converter, document converter, presentation converter, image converter, and ebook converter.
ConvertImages uses a much like a traditional site interface with an excellent online facility to convert any image into GIF format. It supports various forms, such as CUR, GIF, BMP, PSD, PNG, TIF, PCX, and CXF. As it has no pricing options available, so the tool is free. Along with online converter, it offers various other functions such as online Favicon maker, online watermark tools, online photo ID maker, and so on. The interface is also facilitating as the info is accessed easily.
This online platform is free with the not very complicated interface as in other platforms. There are just three simple steps, including Step 1: upload JPEG, Step 2. Choose ‘GIF’ and Step 3. Download your GIF. Moreover, there is also a facility to choose from text recognition modes like OCR and Use Only Text from JPEG. As the name suggests, its primary function is PDF conversion that consists of converting PDF to TXT, PPT, HTML, ODP, ODT, and XPS, etc.
|Interface||A bit complex||Feature-rich||Very simple||Intuitive||Traditional looking||Not intuitive|
|Ease of use||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Conversion Speed||Normal||Normal||Fast||Normal||A bit slow||Fast|
|Pricing||Three plans for unlimited conversions||No pricing options available||Free, Basic, Standard, and Premium Plans available||Light, Basic, and Unlimited Plans available||Free||Free|
Part 2. Convert JPEGs to Animated GIF in Wondershare Uniconverter
Now all tedious tasks of video conversion get handed over the most precise tool known as Wondershare Uniconverter. While searching for other means, we came across this platform as the most reliable, feature-rich, and trustworthy. Coming with lots of exciting promises and backed by highly positive customer ratings, this tool shows a lot of potential right from the start. You can have it for both Windows and macOS platform. Its streamlined user interface supports more than thousands of formats for video conversion, as well as other exciting features with user-friendliness.
Let's see how Wondershare Uniconverter can convert jpegs to animated gif in a few simple steps.
Step 1. Install Wondershare Uniconverter
In the very first step, you need to direct the official website and click Download to enjoy the free trial version. After that, the program gets installed over the computer system. Then, follow the simple installation formalities and click the Toolbox button. A list of tools will appear from which you have to select GIF Maker.
Step 2. Add JPEG Photos
The GIF Maker will offer you two options, i.e., Photos to GIF and Videos to GIF. Select Photos to GIF and tap the button Add Files. You can also add multiple JPEG files. The software supports the process of conversion of jpeg format in both Windows and Mac.
- Supported Image Input Format for Windows: JPEG, JPG, BMP, and PNG
- Supported Image Input Format for Mac: JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and BMP
Step 3. Adjust GIF Settings
To set GIF, adjust the Output Size, Frame Rate, and select the folder where you want to save the animated GIF. It is given just below the chosen picture.
Step 4. Create GIF from JPEG Images
After you are over with all the settings, tap the button Create GIF. Thus, you need to follow these four simple steps to create an animated GIF from JPEG format.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed and well-analyzed these top 7 JPEG to GIF converters. Both these formats are widely famous, but sometimes you need a change in image quality or create new memes. For these reasons, you need to shift from JPEG to GIF format. The above given six ways are online tools with smooth features and availability. And, the last recommendation Wondershare Uniconverter is a kind of software that performs various functions. As you may need that kind of technical stuff regularly, so having an all-in-one tool may be more helpful than a single feature online tool.
- 5 Best Face GIF Maker Apps in 2020 – Add Face to GIF
- How to Set a GIF as Wallpaper on Your iPhone and Android
- 10 Best Reverse GIF Tools – Reverse Animated GIF Easily
- How to Make GIF Background Transparent and Change Color
- How to Slow Down or Speed Up a GIF
- How to Delete and Save GIF on Facebook
- 7 Best Methods to Convert PDF to GIF
- Best 5 GIF Sites and GIF Meaning
- How to Create and Send a GIF on WhatsApp---Free GIF for Whatsapp
- How to Upload and Save GIFs on Tumblr
- How to Put a GIF in Outlook and Gmail Email
- Add Filters to GIF in 3 Ways【Tutorial】
- How to Put GIFs on Snapchat in 2 Ways
- How to Create GIF in Photoshop
- Add Image to GIF with Simple Steps
- How to Save & Download GIFs on iPhone and Android
- 7 Best Way to Convert Facebook Video to GIF
- Top 20 Animated GIF Maker and Editor in 2020
- 15 Best GIF Maker from Video: Change Video to GIF
- Best GIF to WebM Converter in 2020
- Top 5 Animated SVG to GIF Converter You Should Know
- How to Make a GIF and Post on Twitter
- Top 6 Twitter Video Converters---Twitter Video to GIF
- How to Save GIFs from Twitter to Your Computer or Phone
- How to Post a GIF on Instagram in Different Ways
- How to Post a GIF on Facebook in 4 Ways
- How to Convert AVI to GIF on Different Devices
- How to Convert JPEG to GIF in 7 Ways
- How to Make GIFs from Video/Images and Upload to Tumblr Easily
- Rotate GIF – How to Mirror a GIF?
- How to Send a GIF in Text
- How to Insert GIF in PowerPoint
- How to Convert GIF to MP3 Audio Format
- How to Convert WMV to GIF Effectively
- How to Convert GIF to MP4 in 15 Ways
- Top 10 Tools for Convert GIF to Video & Movie
- Best GIF to Word Document Converter in 2020
- How to Play GIF in PowerPoint
- 10 Best GIF to MOV Converter Tools in 2020
- 8 Methods to Convert MOV to GIF in Win & Mac
- Top 10 SWF to GIF Converter Free Download
- Convert GIF to SWF in 6 Different Ways
- How to Convert GIF to PDF Easily?
- How to Save or Download GIFs On PC and Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Convert Instagram Video to GIF Image
- 8 Ways to Convert GIF to Instagram Video
- How to Make a GIF on iPhone and Android
- How to Make a GIF from a YouTube Video Effortlessly
- MP4 to GIF: Convert MP4 to GIF Easily in Different Devices
- Top 8 WebM to GIF Converters in 2020