How to Put GIFs on Snapchat in 2 Ways
How to Make a GIF on Snapchat
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 04,2021 17:50 pm
Adding animated GIFs while chatting with your loved ones exaggerates the message you wish to convey. That is the reason why almost every chat messenger tools, including Snapchat, now supports GIF files that you can send or receive during your conversations.
In case you are not aware of the process, here you will learn the two most straightforward ways about how to put GIFs on Snapchat while conversing with your family, friends, or colleagues on the messenger.
Part 1. How to Make a GIF on Snapchat Using GIPHY
GIPHY is one of the most popular and widely used repositories that has animated GIFs for almost all genres, occasions, emotions, and expressions. These GIFs can be shared on your favorite social networking website such as Snapchat, Facebook, etc. without having you to download the files on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Talking about Snapchat, you can follow the steps given below to learn how to put GIFs on Snapchat while chatting with someone using the app:
Step 1. Tap the Camera Icon and Click a Photo
Launch Snapchat on your Android or iOS device (iPhone is used here as an example), tap the Chat icon from the bottom, and tap the name of the person you want to share a GIF with. Tap the Camera icon from the bottom-left corner of the chat box, focus the camera on the object of interest, and tap the big circle from the bottom to snap a picture.
Step 2. Tap the Sticker Icon and Add a GIF from GIPHY
Tap the Sticker icon from the right, tap GIF on the next window, type a keyword at the top of the GIPHY window to search a GIF on GIPHY and tap the one you like most to add it to the snap you captured.
Step 3. Reposition the GIF and Send
Back on the Camera window, drag the GIF to place it at your preferred position over the captured photo, and tap the Send icon from the bottom-right corner.
Part 2. Get GIFs on Snapchat via Sticker Feature
Apart from using GIPHY as its default source, Snapchat also has its own GIF library that can be accessed from within the "Stickers" window itself. The "Stickers" window that the app has lets you scroll and locate the GIF you want to share with your friends. You can even use the "Bitmoji" and "Scissors" features to create your avatars and stickers, respectively, to make your chatting experience more fun and enjoyable.
The process on how to put GIFs on Snapchat via the Sticker feature is almost identical to the one explained in the previous section, and you can get the job done in a couple of easy steps described below:
Step 1. Go to the Camera and Snap a Picture
Follow the procedure explained in the first step of Part 1 to open your friend’s chat window and capture a photo using the Snapchat camera.
Step 2. Tap Sticker and Select a GIF
Tap Stickers from the icons’ list that appears on the right of the screen. On the Stickers window, scroll down and locate and tap a GIF to place it over the photo you clicked earlier.
Step 3. Reposition the GIF and Share
Once you are back on the previous window, drag the GIF you added in the last step and place it on your preferred location on the screen. Tap the Send icon from the bottom-right corner to share the GIF along with the snapped photo with your friend you are conversing with.
Part 3. 5 Hidden Tricks to Make Your Snapchat Better
In addition to the tips you learned in previous sections about how to make a GIF on Snapchat, there are a couple of tricks that may not seem essential but bring remarkable differences when it comes to making your Snapchat experience better.
5 such hidden tricks are:
• Add Extra Text to You Snaps
A single word or a short phrase added to a photo is called a caption. Including a caption to your snaps makes them more informative, and while creating a meme, a funny one can change the picture’s meaning altogether. However, the key point to keep in mind here is that the caption should be of appropriate length as adding a long phrase may make the image lose its essence, whereas if the caption is too short, it may not be able to convey the idea properly.
• Secure Your Account with 2 Steps
As a Snapchat user, you are highly encouraged to enable two-factor verification for your account so that you always get an OTP while signing in from a new device. This arrangement not only keeps your credentials (username and password) secure, it also ensures that you are always using a trusted smartphone or tablet to sign in to your Snapchat account.
• Change the Name that Your Friends Will See in Chat
It is recommended that you should change your display name after creating your account and signing in to it for the first time. Doing so helps your friends who are already using Snapchat recognize you easily, and don’t treat you like a stranger and bombard your chat window with questions like, "Who are you?", "Do I know you?", etc.
• Use Emojis to Add Extra Colors to Your Photos
After you snap a picture on Snapchat, tapping the "Stickers" icon also gives you access to the Emoji library that allows you to add emojis to your photos. Adding emojis enables you to exaggerate your messages and convey your ideas more clearly, which is not possible while you are chatting with friends in plain text.
• Apply Snapchat Face Lenses After Clicking a Photo
While using Snapchat, at times, you may want to apply face lenses to make your conversation more engaging and entertaining because of the funny faces that the feature produces out of your snaps. Depending on the topic of your discussion, applying a suitable face lens might take your convoy to an entirely different level.
The bottom line is, whether it is your chat or sharing the images, the process of how to put GIFs on Snapchat might come in handy. It could help you to convey your ideas to your family, friends, and colleagues more effectively while conversing with them not only on Snapchat but on any messaging app that you prefer to use.
Here has an excellent GIF Maker needs to introduce to you guys. This is UniConverter, made by Wondershare Company. It supports users to upload a video or photos to convert to GIF. Only 3 simple steps to create your GIFs and share it in the social platforms.
- Convert To GIF
- How to Convert AVI to GIF on Different Devices
- 7 Best Way to Convert Facebook Video to GIF
- 5 Best Ways to Convert Instagram Video to GIF Image
- How to Convert JPEG to GIF in 7 Ways
- 8 Methods to Convert MOV to GIF in Win & Mac
- MP4 to GIF: Convert MP4 to GIF Easily in Different Devices
- 7 Best Methods to Convert PDF to GIF
- Top 5 Animated SVG to GIF Converter You Should Know
- Top 10 SWF to GIF Converter Free Download
- Top 6 Twitter Video Converters---Twitter Video to GIF
- 15 Best GIF Maker from Video: Change Video to GIF
- Top 8 WebM to GIF Converters in 2020
- How to Convert WMV to GIF Effectively
- How to Make a GIF from a YouTube Video Effortlessly
- Convert GIF To
- 8 Ways to Convert GIF to Instagram Video
- 10 Best GIF to MOV Converter Tools in 2020
- How to Convert GIF to MP3 Audio Format
- How to Convert GIF to MP4 in 15 Ways
- How to Convert GIF to PDF Easily?
- Convert GIF to SWF in 6 Different Ways
- Top 10 Tools for Convert GIF to Video & Movie
- Best GIF to WebM Converter in 2020
- Best GIF to Word Document Converter in 2020
- How to Play GIF in PowerPoint
- How to Post a GIF on Facebook in 4 Ways
- How to Post a GIF on Instagram in Different Ways
- How to Put a GIF in Outlook and Gmail Email
- How to Put GIFs on Snapchat in 2 Ways
- 10 Best Reverse GIF Tools – Reverse Animated GIF Easily
- Rotate GIF – How to Mirror a GIF?
- How to Delete and Save GIF on Facebook
- How to Save GIFs from Twitter to Your Computer or Phone
- How to Save & Download GIFs on iPhone and Android
- How to Save or Download GIFs On PC and Mac
- How to Send a GIF in Text
- How to Set a GIF as Wallpaper on Your iPhone and Android
- How to Slow Down or Speed Up a GIF
- GIF Tips
- 5 Best Face GIF Maker Apps in 2020 – Add Face to GIF
- Add Filters to GIF in 3 Ways【Tutorial】
- How to Create and Send a GIF on WhatsApp---Free GIF for Whatsapp
- Add Image to GIF with Simple Steps
- Best 5 GIF Sites and GIF Meaning
- How to Insert GIF in PowerPoint
- Top 20 Animated GIF Maker and Editor in 2021
- How to Upload and Save GIFs on Tumblr
- How to Make GIFs from Video/Images and Upload to Tumblr Easily
- How to Create GIF in Photoshop
- How to Make a GIF on iPhone and Android
- How to Make GIF Background Transparent and Change Color
- How to Make a GIF and Post on Twitter