Rotate GIF – How to Mirror a GIF?
How to Rotate Animated GIF
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 21:20 pm
Did you ever come across an animated GIF and felt it would look better if its angle were flipped? If so, don’t worry. You are not alone, and many developers understand this requirement. Therefore, they have already created several apps to help you flip and rotate the GIF files with ease.
That said, this title covers some of the best and most appreciated online and offline programs to edit, manipulate, and manage the GIF files effectively and efficiently.
By the time you are reading this, you will have a good understanding of how the online GIF rotating tools work and which is the best offline application to use if you edit the GIFs frequently.
Part 1. Top 5 Online Free GIF Rotation Tools
Listed below are 5 most used and liked online free GIF rotation tools.
- Can create GIFs from images and videos.
- Can optimize GIFs for better usability.
- Lets you add captions before creating GIFs.
How to Rotate a GIF using EZGIF
Step 1. Click Browse and Upload a GIF
Click Browse from the Select image section, locate and select the GIF file you want to rotate/flip, click Open, and click Upload once you are back on the main page.
Step 2. Select Rotation Type and Rotate
Check the flip (horizontal) box, and click Apply rotation! to mirror the uploaded GIF.
- Lets you resize the GIFs.
- Allows you to add text/captions to the GIFs.
- It can reverse the GIFs.
Step by Step to Show You Rotate a GIF in GIFGIFS
Step 1. Click UPLOAD GIF and Fetch the GIF
On the main page, click UPLOAD GIF, and use the method explained earlier to select and upload the source GIF file.
Step 2. Check the FLIP HORIZONTALLY Box and Mirror the GIF
Once the GIF is uploaded to the website, check the FLIP HORIZONTALLY box from the left, and click ROTATE to begin the rotation.
- You could convert images, videos, documents, and archives.
- Merge image files are supported.
- Lets you resize, crop, and compress the files.
How to Mirror a GIF with AConvert
Step 1. Click Browse and Upload a GIF File
On the landing page, click Browse from the Rotate image files online section, and follow the process explained earlier to upload the file to ACONVERT.
Step 2. Select Flip and Rotate the GIF
Select Flip from the Action drop-down list, and click Submit to mirror the GIF.
- Users can convert any image file to JPG format.
- It supports convert HTML to an image file.
- You could resize, crop, and compress the images.
Guide on Flip a GIF with ILOVEIMG
Step 1. Click Select Images and Upload the Source GIF
On the main page, click the Select images button, and follow the method explained in the first tool to select and upload the GIF to the website.
Step 2. Click the Rotation Buttons and Rotate the GIF
Click the RIGHT or LEFT button from the right pane, preview the rotation effect on the main window, and click Rotate IMAGES from the bottom-right corner once you are satisfied with the preview.
Online Image Editor
- You can create GIFs online.
- It allows convert images to GIF, JPG, PNG, or BMP during the upload process.
- Resizing the images during the upload process.
How to Use Online Image Editor to Rotate GIF
Step 1. Click CHOOSE IMAGE and Upload the GIF File
Click CHOOSE IMAGE from the lower section of the webpage, and use the procedure discussed earlier to select and upload the GIF file to OIE.
Step 2. Click Rotate Flip and Mirror the GIF
Click the Rotate Flip button from the top, click Horizontal from the Flip section in the left pane, and click Save from the top to flip the GIF horizontally.
Part 2. The Best Flipper to Rotate a GIF
One of the best tools to flip and rotate GIFs is Wondershare Filmora. If you ask, "Why Wondershare Filmora Is the Best GIF Rotation Tool?"
The honest answer would be, Wondershare Filmora is not merely for GIF creation and rotation. Filmora is an industry-standard video editing application for Windows and Mac computers. It is mostly used by professional video editors to edit and add effects, casting, captions, etc. to the movies that are being prepared to be released for commercial purposes.
- It has built-in effects, transition, and elements library to beautify your videos and GIFs.
- It supports almost all major file formats, and can export your creations to them as needed.
- It requires basic understanding of terms like framerate, resolution, pixels, etc.
- It is a paid software.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Rotate a GIF with Wondershare Filmora
Step 1. Click the Media Bin and Import a GIF
Click anywhere inside the Media Bin, locate and select the source GIF file, and click Open.
Step 2. Add GIF to Timeline and Flip Horizontally
Hover mouse to the thumbnail of the GIF in the Media Bin, click the + icon that appears and click MATCH TO MEDIA if/when Filmora prompts. Next, double-click the GIF in the Timeline, expand the Transform tree from the top-left window, click the Flip Horizontal icon, and click OK.
Step 3. Export the Modified GIF
Back on the main window, click Export from the top-right of the Media Bin, ensure that the Local tab is selected from the top of the Export box, select GIF from the left pane, optionally specify the output folder in the Save to field in the right pane, and click EXPORT from the bottom-right corner to export the mirrored GIF.
Although the online tools are free and provide a quick GIF rotation solution, they still have specific limitations such as file size and/or upload limit, GIF duration, etc. Such restrictions are acceptable if you flip/rotate the GIFs occasionally and that too merely for fun.
On the other hand, if you edit the animated GIFs regularly to remain active on sites like Tumblr, or are fond of uploading your creations to GIPHY or tenor, a dedicated GIF manipulation tool like Wondershare Filmora is something you would love to have.
UniConverter is one of the best applications for beginners who are want to edit, convert, and compress their videos with ease. At present, it is supporting Windows and Mac systems for free download.
- 5 Best Face GIF Maker Apps in 2020 – Add Face to GIF
- How to Set a GIF as Wallpaper on Your iPhone and Android
- 10 Best Reverse GIF Tools – Reverse Animated GIF Easily
- How to Make GIF Background Transparent and Change Color
- How to Slow Down or Speed Up a GIF
- How to Delete and Save GIF on Facebook
- 7 Best Methods to Convert PDF to GIF
- Best 5 GIF Sites and GIF Meaning
- How to Create and Send a GIF on WhatsApp---Free GIF for Whatsapp
- How to Upload and Save GIFs on Tumblr
- How to Put a GIF in Outlook and Gmail Email
- Add Filters to GIF in 3 Ways【Tutorial】
- How to Put GIFs on Snapchat in 2 Ways
- How to Create GIF in Photoshop
- Add Image to GIF with Simple Steps
- How to Save & Download GIFs on iPhone and Android
- 7 Best Way to Convert Facebook Video to GIF
- Top 20 Animated GIF Maker and Editor in 2020
- 15 Best GIF Maker from Video: Change Video to GIF
- Best GIF to WebM Converter in 2020
- Top 5 Animated SVG to GIF Converter You Should Know
- How to Make a GIF and Post on Twitter
- Top 6 Twitter Video Converters---Twitter Video to GIF
- How to Save GIFs from Twitter to Your Computer or Phone
- How to Post a GIF on Instagram in Different Ways
- How to Post a GIF on Facebook in 4 Ways
- How to Convert AVI to GIF on Different Devices
- How to Convert JPEG to GIF in 7 Ways
- How to Make GIFs from Video/Images and Upload to Tumblr Easily
- Rotate GIF – How to Mirror a GIF?
- How to Send a GIF in Text
- How to Insert GIF in PowerPoint
- How to Convert GIF to MP3 Audio Format
- How to Convert WMV to GIF Effectively
- How to Convert GIF to MP4 in 15 Ways
- Top 10 Tools for Convert GIF to Video & Movie
- Best GIF to Word Document Converter in 2020
- How to Play GIF in PowerPoint
- 10 Best GIF to MOV Converter Tools in 2020
- 8 Methods to Convert MOV to GIF in Win & Mac
- Top 10 SWF to GIF Converter Free Download
- Convert GIF to SWF in 6 Different Ways
- How to Convert GIF to PDF Easily?
- How to Save or Download GIFs On PC and Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Convert Instagram Video to GIF Image
- 8 Ways to Convert GIF to Instagram Video
- How to Make a GIF on iPhone and Android
- How to Make a GIF from a YouTube Video Effortlessly
- MP4 to GIF: Convert MP4 to GIF Easily in Different Devices
- Top 8 WebM to GIF Converters in 2020