Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
Pixel buds: post-update, way better
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Google is here with its new Pixel Buds 2020 that is surely going to give a tough competition to the Apple AirPods. Completely different in looks from the AirPods, the Google Pixel Buds 2020 aims to offer an enhanced wireless audio experience to the users. The first generation of the Pixel Buds was launched in the year 2017 but they could not get the user’s attention as they were expensive, has a quirky design with a wire between them. To offer a better and true wireless experience, Google is out with its latest second generation of Google Pixel Buds 2. Check the complete Google Pixel Buds review in the following parts.
Part 1. Google Pixel Buds 2020: Price and Availability
The Google Pixel Buds Gen 2 were announced in October 2019 and are now available for purchase since April 2020. The buds can be purchased from the official Google Store for $179.
You can also get this Google wireless headphones from other retailers, check the Google Pixel Buds price below:
- Buy Google Pixel Buds 2 at Walmart
- Buy Google Pixel Buds 2 at Ebay
- Buy Google Pixel Buds 2 at Target
Part 2. Google Pixel Buds 2020: Case and Earbuds
The buds of the Google Pixel Buds 2020 are small and sleek in design with subtle “G” branding. Though they are not as comfortable as the original Pixel Buds they are quite decent and do not put a lot of pressure on your ears. The design is that of a traditional earbud with rubberized tips that help them going properly into the ears for holding them properly. You do not have to worry about the buds falling down as there are little wingtips that sticks out from the top offering additional security.
The buds come packed in an attractive looking heavy matte case which is egg-shaped. The lid of the case is quite good and has quite loud click and clunk noise when it is opened and closed. Though the case is small it packs in enough battery that can recharge the buds for about 3-4 times more that is about a total of 19 hours. There is also an option for wireless charging. The case can be charged using the Qi pads and other compatible devices. The Google Pixel Buds 2020 is sweat ( water) resistant so that you can take them for a walk in the run and for the run as well.
Part 3. Google Pixel Buds 2020: Sound
The custom-designed 12mm dynamic speaker driver of the buds is capable of offering good sound delivery with considerable bass. There is no support for EQ and sound profile settings which might be an issue with the audiophile-inclined users. There is no support for active noise cancellation but the speakers come with Adaptive Sound that can automatically adjust the level of the volume according to the surrounding sounds. The quality of the call going to the other direction is also quite decent.
The beamforming microphones and the accelerometer of the buds are capable of sensing the movements of the jaw for adjusting the inputs and capable of delivering clear sound even in noisy conditions.. There is also a spatial vent for spatial awareness and the in-ear reduction of the pressure.
Part 4. Google Pixel Buds 2020: Software
The Google Pixel Buds 2020 features Fast Pair technology that works with any Android smartphone running on 6.0 and later versions. You can also pair the device with Bluetooth 4.0 + Android or iOS devices. The pairing of the buds is simple and quick and the app lets you check the battery status of each of the buds and also make some settings. Though the touch controls of the buds are calibrated quire well, there is no option for customizing them. The Hey Google voice commands work well with these new buds owing to the wonderful mics they have.
If you have the Google Translate app installed on your phone , the Google Buds will hear the spoken words and will allow translation in several languages. Thus, it can be said that these works as google translating earbuds.
Part 5. Google Pixel Buds 2020 vs Apple Airpods vs Apple Airpods Pro
|Features||Google Pixel Buds 2020||Apple AirPods||Apple AirPods Pro|
|Water resistance||IPX 4||IPX 4||IPX 4|
|Buds Battery Life||5 hours||5 hours||4.5 hours|
|Battery life with case||19 hours||More than 24 hours||More than 24 hours|
|Active Noise cancellation||No||No||Yes|
Google Pixel Buds 2020 is a decent paid or wireless earbuds that can be connected to Android as well as iOS devices. If you are using Google Assistance extensively then it is just apt for you. The buds case is an important consideration and with Google Pixel Buds you will not be disappointed with its attractive and solid looking case that is engineered quite well ans supports multiple wireless charging of the buds. The sound and the battery life of the buds are also good. Lack of active noise cancellation and no option for customizing the touch gestures can be an area of concern for a few.
Pro Tip: Want to reduce your audio file size to play them on your choice of device and to save your collection, use Wondershare Online UniConverter. This is an excellent browser-based tool that supports an array of functions including audio compression and conversion. Using the program you can convert your audio files to popular formats and can then save them to the local system. The compression of files by changing their size is also supported.
Steps to convert audio files using Wondershare Online UniConverter
Step 1: Go to Wondershare Online UniConverter and click on the Choose Files button to browse and load the audio file to be converted. Two files at a time can be processed.
Step 2: Choose the target format from the Convert to drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click on the CONVERT button to start the process. The converted files can be saved to the local system or Dropbox.
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone