How to Make a Great Custom GIF - Make Your Own Animated GIF
How to Make High-Quality GIFs
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
GIF has become an essential medium for sharing brief and mostly funny video clips. As social media grows, more and more people are sharing GIFs regularly. Everyone should be aware of tools that can be used to custom GIF. GIFs are available to be downloaded on different websites as well. There are a lot of tools that are available both online and offline and can be used to create your own GIF. In this article, you will be introduced to some of the best ways to make GIF online as well as offline. You will also be told about various sources from where you will be able to download GIF files.
Part 1. Make Custom Animated GIFs Online Free
There are many tools that allow you to create awesome GIFs online without having to download the software on your device. The following are some of the best tools available online that can be used to make GIFs.
Online UniConverter - Customize GIF Online Easily
Online UniConverter allows you to create GIFs by yourself from images and videos. You can also custom GIF with frame rate, output width and height, resolution, and watermark easily with real-time preview. Online UniConverter is totally free to use, without any ads and watermarks added to your created GIFs. You can also find more other functions like video/audio/image converter, editor, compressor, etc.
- Supports image formats like JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPEG, etc. and video formats including MP4, MOV, 3GP, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc.
- Free to use without any watermark or ads.
- Customize GIF with multiple output settings.
- Create GIF from video, including paste URL.
- Preview the GIF results by real time.
- Videos up to 500MB or images larger than 10MB are not free.
makeagif is a great tool that allows you to make GIF out of videos and images. This tool will enable you to browse through a library of thousands of GIFs. You can also use it to convert various videos and pictures into GIF. This tool will allow you to save images or videos by directly pasting the URL to it. This is a speedy tool that is easy to use and requires no skills. It is completely free to use and you can visit the site with the link above.
- It supports various formats of images like JPEG, PNG, RAW etc. and videos formats like 3gp, MP4, WMV, FLV etc. to be converted into GIF.
- No limit over no. Of conversions per day.
- It also serves as a GIF library.
- It is free to use and has minimum ads.
- You can browse through various categories of GIFs and even download the one you want.
- There are fewer customization options in this tool if you are a free user.
- All the files you convert into a GIF from this site will have its watermark until you pay for their premium services.
GIPHY is undoubtedly the best GIF related tool of all times. GIPHY has a plethora of high-quality GIF files in their collection, and they are divided into different categories. This tool has its browser and mobile keyboard application extension, which allows you to share GIF with your friends easily. It also provides a competent GIF-making tool that is very simple to use and can help you create high-quality GIFs easily. There are no ads on this website, and it is entirely free to use a well.
- It allows you to merge various images together and create a Slideshow GIF.
- It is the biggest GIF library available on the internet.
- You can create high quality GIFs out of images as well as videos by using this tool.
- There is a very minor loss in quality when you convert an image or a video to GIF.
- This tool is completely free to use and there are no additional subscriptions.
- The user interface is extremely heavy which makes the processes slower and the download speed is slow sometimes as well.
- There are limited sets of stickers or editing that you can apply over a GIF.
IMGFlip is simple and easy to use tool that can be used to convert images and videos into high-quality GIF files. This tool boasts of a simple user interface that also allows you to save your creations on their cloud server under your account. It supports video formats like MP4, FLV, WMV, WEBP, etc. And also image formats like JPEG, PNG, RAW, etc.; so that they can be converted into high-quality GIF files. It is entirely free to use and doesn’t require any installation. You can save files present in your local store, or you can directly paste the source URL of the file, and it will convert it into GIF.
- You can store your creations online by simply logging into their site.
- It allows you to convert various types of images and videos into GIF.
- The editing doesn’t take a lot of time as it is very fast.
- It is a great tool for beginners as it is very easy to use.
- There is a support for image formats like JPEG, PNG, BMP etc. and video formats like MP4, FLV, QuickTime etc.so that they can be easily converted to GIFs.
- This tool leaves its own watermark on every GIF you make by using it.
- The GIF library of this tool isn’t regularly updated hence there aren’t a lot of GIFs in there.
This is one of the most underrated GIF editors and makers available on the internet. This tool is entirely free to use and is capable of editing, making, and optimizing your GIFs. You can edit various video and images formats using this tool. It offers editing features as well so that you can crop, resize, flip, and add effects with your GIF files. It allows you to upload multiple images together and also to upload .zip image files and create a GIF out of it. This tool supports up to 6MB sized videos and pictures to be converted into GIF. This tool is straightforward to use, which is why beginners, as well as experienced editors, use this tool regularly.
- It allows you to cut, trim, crop, rotate, add text and optimize your GIFs very easily.
- It can help you to create GIFs out of all the major video and audio formats.
- This tool is completely free to use and has a very clean user interface which enhances the user experience with its versatility.
- Support multiple editing and conversion features for GIFs optimization.
- This tool is completely free and extremely versatile.
- There are a lot of ads on the website which may be confusing for some people.
- There are a lot of ads on the website which may be confusing for some people.
Part 2. Creating a Special GIF in Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is a potent online tool that can be used for a lot of significant editing and conversion processes. One such feature is creating GIF. You can create GIF from photos as well as videos, and it also gives you an option to create GIF with sound as well. Wondershare UniConverter can also be used to record your screen, and it also has a cast feature, which allows the user to cast their device’s screen on a smart television. All these features make it a potent and versatile tool that is capable of handling nearly everything you throw at it. It supports conversion for all the primary image, video, audio, and text format and can be used for cropping, trimming, merging, and speed manipulation of videos. This is free to use tool that can be downloaded from the official website for various platforms like Mac, windows, etc.
How to Make a GIF?
Making a GIF using Wondershare UniConverter is very easy and convenient; you can follow the following step to convert a video clip into a GIF.
Step 1. Download, Install and Run Wondershare UniConverter
Download, install and run Wondershare UniConverter, click on the Toolbox icon and select GIF Maker option.
After clicking on GIF Maker, you will be redirected to a new window. Here you will notice two options on top, Photos to GIF and Video to GIF, select your preferred mode (for this guide the way is set to Video to GIF).
Step 2. Add the Video You Want to be Converted into a GIF
Click on the + Add Files button and choose your desired video that you want to convert into GIF.
Step 3. Set Your Preferences
On the right-hand side, you will notice various aspects like output location, frame rates, and output size. You will also see the timer setting. Set the start and end of the clip you want as a GIF from the video and other aspects according to your preference.
Step 4. Create and Save Your GIF
Now, click on the Create GIF button present on the bottom right corner and your GIF will be created and stored in your hard drive.
After reviewing all the steps for Wondershare UniConverter, you could try it by yourself now. It is effortless to create a GIF in two ways, which is photos to GIF and video to GIF.
Part 3. Free Sites to Download Animated GIF
- Tenor has got a great recommendation system that suggests you GIFs according to the latest trends.
- Tenor is completely free to use and users can also upload their own GIFs for free.
- This tool doesn’t allow the users to make or edit their own GIF file.
- The website is a bit slow at times.
- Giphy has got the largest collection of latest GIFs available online and that too for free.
- It also allows the users to create and upload their own GIFs on their website.
- A lot of features on this tool are paid.
- GIFs made with tool can sometimes lose quality.
If you ever came across the question, how to make high-quality GIFs, then all the tools mentioned above will be of great help to you. The online and offline tools mentioned above are free to use and can be used without specific skills. The links to all the online tools are mentioned above only. The two websites mentioned for downloading and sharing GIF files can be used to avail the best and latest GIFs according to your needs.
- Convert BMP
- Convert GIF
- Record Animated GIF
- Screen Record GIF
- Compress GIF
- Crop GIF into a Specific Size
- Make a Custom GIF
- Edit Animated GIF
- Design Funny GIF
- Make and Download Funny GIF
- Add Text to GIF
- Add Music to GIF
- Combine Two GIFs into One
- Split GIF into Individual Frames
- Play GIF on Computer
- Convert Image/Video to GIF
- Make GIF Video Clip
- Convert FLV to GIF
- Convert MKV to GIF
- Convert M4V to GIF
- Convert MPG to GIF
- Convert GIF to AVI
- Convert GIF to WMV
- Convert Images to GIF
- Convert GIF to Picture
- Convert GIF to JPEG
- Convert GIF to MPG
- Convert GIF to PSD
- Convert GIF to WebP
- Convert GIF to ICO
- Convert PSD to GIF
- Convert EPS to TIFF
- Convert GIF to BMP
- Convert WEBP to GIF
- Convert JPG
- JPEG Defination
- JPG vs. JPEG vs JPEG 2000
- What is JPG File
- Edit JPG
- Rotate JPG
- Crop JPG Images
- Compress JPG Photo
- Change JPG Size
- Increase JPEG Size & Resolution
- Merge JPG Files
- Open JPEG on Mac & Windows
- Best JPEG Converter
- Convert Image to JPG
- Convert Image/Video to JPEG
- Convert JP2 to JPG
- Convert JPEG to JPG
- Convert JPG to JPEG
- JPG vs. PNG
- Convert JPG to PNG
- Convert JPG to PNG Online
- Convert JPG to PNG on Mac
- Convert JPEG to WebP
- Convert JPG to Video
- Convert JPEG to MOV
- Convert JPG to PSD
- Convert JPG to WebP
- Convert JPG to RAW
- JPG vs. GIF
- Animate JPG Files
- Convert JPG to TIFF
- Convert JPEG to BMP
- Convert CR2 to JPG
- Convert AI to JPG
- Convert ARW to JPG
- BMP vs. JPG
- Convert BMP to JPG
- Convert NEF to JPG
- PNG vs. JPG
- Convert PNG to JPG
- Convert PSB to JPG
- Convert PSD to JPG
- Convert RAR to JPG
- Convert RAW to JPG
- Convert DJVU to JPG
- Convert TTF to JPG
- Convert TIFF to JPG
- Convert WebP to JPG
- Convert MHT to JPG
- Convert ODT to JPG
- Convert PCX to JPG
- Convert PDD to JPG
- Convert PHP to JPG
- Convert DSC to JPG
- Convert DXF to JPG
- Convert EMF to JPG
- Convert EPS to JPG
- Batch Convert RW2 to JPG
- Convert EXR to JPG
- Convert GIF to JPG
- Convert ICO to JPG
- Convert Screenshot to JPG
- Convert JPG to AI
- Convert JPG to PCX
- JPG vs. PNG vs. BMP
- Convert JPG to BMP
- Convert JPG to EPS
- Convert JPG to GIF
- Convert JPG to ICO
- Convert PNG
- Convert Photo to PNG
- Crop PNG
- Open PNG
- Create PNG
- Convert PNG to BMP
- Convert PNG to TIFF
- Optimize and Compress PNG
- Best Free PNG Converter
- Edit PNG
- Convert PNG to JPG on Mac
- Convert PNG to AI
- Convert PNG to TGA
- Vectorize a PNG Image
- Convert PNG to EPS
- Convert PNG to ICO
- File Converter to PNG
- Flip PNG Image
- Convert GIF to PNG
- Difference between GIF and PNG
- Convert CR2 to PNG
- Convert EMF to PNG
- Merge PNG Images
- Convert MP4 to PNG
- Create PNG to GIF
- Convert PNG to MP4
- Convert PNG to PCX
- Convert PNG to PSD
- Convert PSD to PNG
- Convert ARW to PNG
- Convert NEF to PNG
- Convert PNG to IMG
- Convert PNG to RAW
- PNG vs GIF
- Convert Other Images
- Open TIFF/TIF File
- Merge TIFF
- Convert TIFF to JPG
- Convert AI to TIFF
- Convert CR2 to TIFF
- Convert GIF to TIFF
- Convert NEF to TIFF
- Convert RAW to TIFF
- Change YouTube Thumbnail
- Great YouTube Thumbnail Size
- Download YouTube Thumbnail
- Convert NEF to JPEG
- Convert PEF to JPEG
- RAW vs. JPEG
- Convert RAW to JPEG
- Convert DNG to JPG
- Convert SWF to JPG
- Convert TGA to JPG
- Convert WMF to JPG and vice versa
- Convert DCM to JPG
- Convert JIF to JPG
- Convert RTF to JPG
- Convert RAF to JPG
- Convert SVG to JPG
- Convert DDS to JPG and vice versa
- Convert CDR to PNG
- Convert DDS to PNG
- Convert ICO to PNG
- Convert PS to PNG
- Convert RAW to PNG
- Convert EPS to PNG
- Convert AI to PNG
- What is the BMP File
- Convert BMP to ICO
- Convert PNG to WebP
- Resize Image
- Resize Image on iPhone/iPad
- Resize Image on Android
- Resize Image on Windows/Mac/Smartphone
- Resize Image on Windows/Mac
- Resize Image for Windows 10/8/7
- Resize Image for Mac
- Resize Image on Linux
- Resize Image in KB
- Resize Images in cm/mm/inches
- Resize Image in Pixels
- Best Image Compressor & Resizer
- Top Image Resizers Online
- Resize Signature Online
- Crop & Resize Image
- Resize Image for WhatsApp Profile
- Resize Image for Instagram
- Resize Image for Twitter
- Resize Image for Facebook
- Resize Image for YouTube
- FastStone Photo Resizer
- Resize JPG
- Resize PNG
- Resize PNG
- Resize GIF
- Resize BMP
- Resize Icon
- Resize SVG
- Resize Image to Passport Size
- Resize Logo without Losing Quality
- Resize Image in OpenCV Python/CSS/PHP
- Resize Image in Lightroom
- Resize Image In Paint
- Resize Image in Pixlr
- Resize Image in GIMP
- Resize Image in InDesign
- Resize Image in Illustrator
- Resize Image in Canva
- Resize Image in Photoshop CC/CS6
- Make YouTube Thumbnail Size in Photoshop
- Best Online Photoshop Tools
- Bulk Resize Multiple Images Online
- Make Your Memes
- 25 Funninest Text Meme Ideas
- Top 10 Online Free Meme Text Generators
- 6 Best Free Twitter Meme Generators
- Top 5 Easy Instagram Line Break/Space Generators
- 10 Free Instagram Meme Makers to Level Up Your Post
- Easily Make a Meme on Facebook Online
- 4 Best Online YouTube Photo Editors
- 6 Best Free GIF Meme Makers Online
- 10 Newest Meme Websites to Find Funny GIF Memes
- 10 Best Meme Makers Online & Free
- 5 Best Online Inspirational Quote Meme Generators
- 6 Best Meme Apps for iPhone for 2022
- 6 Best Meme Apps for Android 
- 12 Best Funny Meme Maker Apps
- 5 Best Ways to Make a Meme Video
- 3 Best Free WhatsApp Meme/Stickers Generators
- All Kinds of Laughing Emoji Memes You Can't Miss
- Everything about Mocking SpongeBob Meme
- 5 Easiest Ways to Get a Long Text Meme
- Easily Make a Meme with Standard Impact Font
- Best Tips to Getting Meme Images with NO TEXT