Useful Tips for Finding a GIF to WebP File Converter
How to Convert GIF to WebP File Easily
By Lam Chow | Oct 31,2019 17:35 pm
At present, you can find a lot of file formats over the internet in which you can save your files, but it is very efficient to choose the one which suits you the best. None of the file formats are the same as few provide high resolution while others offer you a great deal of compression. Moreover, if you want to convert GIF to WebP file extension, then there are various online converters you can choose from. It is recommended to select the ones who provide fast conversion rate and is SSL secured. You can go through the article if you need more information.
Part 1. The Most Convenient Way to Convert GIF to WebP
Ezgif is considered as one of the most effective online conversion tools which provide high speed during the conversion of GIF to WebP file. Here you get a chance to upload a GIF extension file from multiple platforms. The site is duly SSL secured; thus, there is nothing to worry about the safety of your data and computer system. UX and UI design of the site is very interactive. Therefore, you will find it easy to convert a file. You get a chance to find a solution to any problem during the time of conversion by consulting frequently asked question.
- The site offers you different means of contacts viz. email and social networking sites, thus you get to solve your queries in an efficient manner.
- You don’t have to deal with advertisements during the conversion process.
- There is no need to download any plug-in or secondary software for the conversion process.
- You don’t get to save converted files over the cloud, after the conversion you are required to download it on your system.
- The site only allows you to upload files up to 35 MB at a single time.
- There are no choices to upload a file from Google Drive or DropBox.
Ezgif Conversion Steps
Step 1. In the initial step, you have to click on "Choose file" button to upload a GIF extension file or can paste a web URL for the image.
Step 2. Click on the "Upload" button to upload the file.
Step 3. At last, you just have to click on "Convert" to WebP to get the image converted.
There are few initial steps in Zamzar which you have to follow to convert GIF to WebP file extension. This converter site also offers you details about the two extension files which you are planning to work on. The web portal also provides plenty of file extensions to choose from, and you can open the site on several platforms. Through this website you can also get a converted file right on your e-mail id, this provides you ease for future referral. You also get to read the status of the site, and any irregularities noticed in the past.
- This site strictly follows confidentiality norms; thus, your files won’t get accessed by a third party individual.
- The site offers you in-depth information about uploading and downloading, email conversion, account management, etc.
- You also get the drag and drop facility, which makes it easy to upload a file.
- The uploading limit is meager even for the premium plan, ranging from 5 to 25 MB; you can upload file up to 1 MB if you are a free user.
- There is no info-graphic or tutorial video. Thus you have to read the information.
- The speed of conversion is a bit slow.
How to Convert GIF to WebP in Zamzar
Step 1. At this step, you can either upload a file through drag and drop facility or click on the "Add files" button or select a link for GIF extension file.
Step 2. You then have to click on the "WebP file format".
Step 3. Click on the "Convert Now" button, and the process will start. You can download the file straight into your system or can get it on your email id.
Convertio is known for its interactive GUI features which allow you to convert GIF to WebP extension without much of a hassle. The site lets you the great rage of file uploading platforms, and you got to choose from 200 different types of file formats. On this site, you get impeccable help services regarding, file upload, billing, file conversion, API, etc. Since this site provides a secured connection; thus, your system won’t get attacked by viruses, worms, etc. There is no requirement for secondary software when you use this web portal for the conversion process.
- The site allows you to upload GIF file from your personal computer, Google Drive, URL, and DropBox or via drag and drop option.
- You can upload 100 MB of files at a time.
- The conversion rate of files is pretty fast; thus, your projects will complete quickly.
- Images which aren’t up to the mark as per the site’s guidelines will get canceled automatically.
- To gain additional features, you are required to sign-in on the website, and this is a time-consuming process.
- On this site, file conversion is not well synchronized.
Conversion Steps in Convertio
Step 1. In the primary step you are supposed to upload the GIF file from multiple platform or can opt for drag and drop facility.
Step 2. In this step, you have to choose WebP, and the conversion will start to take place on its own.
Step 3. Finally, you have to download the file from the source provided.
Cloudconvert is a site which offers you safe and secure means to convert GIF to WebP extension in a small amount of time frame. The website is available on multiple platforms viz. personal computer and on iOS devices; this allows you to convert files on the go. Through the impeccable means of this web portal, you also get to upload a converted file straight on several social media platforms. Thus, you can share memories with your friends and loved ones right away. Data which you upload get deleted after a specific period for security reasons.
- This web port will provide you an advanced feature of folder monitoring, and the process will give automated conversion in a selected format.
- You can also upload files in batch during the conversion process.
- The site also provides a powerful API function due to which you will get 100% automation and integration during the conversion process.
- To use the site, you need to require fast internet connectivity.
- The site also requires to sign up process to unlock several premium features.
- During the time of subscription, you are required to provide personal data like name, address, and email identity.
Step by Step to Convert GIF to WebP in Cloudconvert
Step 1. During the primary step, you got to click on the "select file" option and upload GIF file extension cloudconverter.
Step 2. In this step, you are required to select a WebP file extension and can also do several customizations on the file.
Step 3. Finally, you are required to click on the "convert" button and after the conversion has to download the file straight on your personal computer.
To convert a GIF to WebP file, there is no requirement to sign up on free convert beforehand this will save enough of your crucial time. Furthermore, you don’t have to install any software or the latest plug-in for the process of conversation, and there are multiple options to upload a GIF extension. The site provides you an opportunity to register an issue directly to the webmasters around the clock, and they will fix it right away. Once you upload your files, there is no reason to worry about since the site duly efficiently follows copyright and confidentiality norms.
- In this web portal, you can easily convert GIF extensions in a batch; this accelerates the speed of the project.
- You can use conversion services of this web portal on several platforms viz. mobile phones, Mac and Windows laptops.
- The site allows you to upload a file up to 200 MB at a time.
- The site lacks interactive UX and UI which provides it a dull look.
- Once you upload a file, it is necessary to convert it within 24 hours or they then get deleted automatically.
- It is a must to have fast internet connectivity when you acquire conversion services on this site.
Convert GIF to WebP File in Freeconvert
Step 1. In the primary step you are need to upload your GIF files in the box by drag and drop option from your computer or can paste URL for the GIF file.
Step 2. Click on the "convert" button to start the conversion process.
Step 3. After the conversion is over you get an opportunity to download your file directly on your personal computer by clicking on Download all button. The data can also be downloaded in a Zip format.
It is very safe to convert GIF to WebP format on aconvert since the site uses HTTPS connection and follows confidentiality norms. Moreover, the site is also available in several languages. Thus you can effectively choose the language of your choice. You will also be showcased the output results of the files which will provide you an opportunity to keep track of your project. On this site, you can upload GIF extension from several sources and the site is available on different platforms. It also provides you an option of reset which allows you to revise the project.
- The facility of this site is free of cost, you don’t have to provide your email id, and you can upload a file up to 200 MB at a time.
- Here you get to convert files in a batch; this process provides you aid in quick completion of your project.
- This site also provides services of file format identification by analyzing binary signature of an uploaded extension.
- The info-graphics and GUI of the web portal aren’t up to the mark.
- There is no video tutorial on the site; if you want to gain the knowledge then you are supposed to read it through.
- The speed of conversion is rather slow which will affect your project.
Conversion Steps for Aconvert
Step 1. In the primary level, you are supposed to click on the "Choose Files" button and get to select several files from a personal computer, URL, Dropbox, or Google Drive. You can also upload file via — drag and drop option.
Step 2. In the second step, you get an opportunity to choose image size as well as the format from various options.
Step 3. In the final step, all you need to do is to click on the "convert now" button, and the process will start automatically. You can download the converted file on your system or several storage devices over the internet.
Part 2. What is a WebP file?
At present times WebP file extensions stores images in high quality and they also provide least data compression over the internet. Most importantly, WebP images provide lossless as well as lossy image compression. In the property of lossless, you can get the original size and texture of the picture once you decompress the file.
Contrary to this lossy means that when you decompress the file, you will lose a specific amount of data which can’t be recovered even after decompressing the file. Google web browser basically supports these images on their web images. In most of the cases when you save images from Google browsers then they are usually stored in WebP file extension.
How to Save WebP Images as JPG or PNG Formats?
Though these formats are considered excellent but it is very essential to use a specific browser so that you can open them or they don’t open at all. Contrary to this, you can even save these files as PNG as well as JPEG extension and can easily access it on your personal computer. Thus you don’t even need internet connectivity to look at the saved images.Method 1
Step 1. In the initial step, you are required to open a web page of your choice, which has an image of your interest. You can choose Google chrome, play store, etc. Ten you are supposed to click right button of the mouse and then select an "save image as…" tab option.
Step 2. At this part, you will be able to choose from PNG as well as JPEG file format. You then have to click on the "Save" button.
Step 1. In the initial step, you have to visit Web store for Chrome and look Save Image in the form of Type, and then you got to install the extension.
Step 2. In the subsequent step, you are required to right-click over an image and choose "Save Image Type As" option. You get to choose from JPEG, WebP, and PNG file extensions.
At present, there are various sites over the internet, which provides you a great deal of ease in the conversion of GIF to WebP file extension. These sites are SSL secured and efficiently follow confidentiality norms. Thus there is nothing to fret about when you upload a file for conversion. You also get an opportunity to get converted WebP files straight on email id. Moreover, there is no need to download any plug-in, and you can also contact webmasters around the clock through email and toll-free numbers.
To open a WebP file, it is essential to have an internet connection as they require Google Chrome to open. In case you want to open them remotely, then it is to convert them either to PNG or JPEG file format. There are two different methods which you can employ, but you can save WebP file either in JPEG or PNG easily with the help of Chrome Extension.
Are you searching for powerful software could help you convert images without trouble? Wondershare UniConverter could satisfy you. Download Windows or Mac version of Wondershare UniConverter now.