EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
Do Airpods live up to the hype?
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
The flagship and the classic EarPods from Apple are been successful in delivering quality sound and music for years and have been still doing the same. Just that with the availability of the Apple AirPods, the users now have a choice. The Apple EarPods are the classic wired headphone from Apple while the AirPods are the wireless ones and this is the major difference between the two in addition to a few others. So, if you are planning to buy an Apple earpods, the article will be of great help to let you know about both the devices, their features, and comparison.
Part 1. EarPods vs AirPods: Price & Availability
Both the Apple EarPods as well as AirPods can be purchased from the Apple official site. You can even check Amazon, other sites, and resellers for any discount or AirPods sale if available. The official pricing is as follows:
- Apple EarPods Price: $30
- Apple AirPods Price - $160
Part 2. EarPods vs AirPods: Sound Quality
The implementation of both the EarPods and AirPods audio drivers is the same and thus the overall audio quality and Apple earpods sound and Apple AirPods sound is similar but in terms of bass, the AirPods deliver a better one. So, if you love rock, hip-hop and other such music the AirPods will be a better choice.
Part 3: EarPods vs AirPods: Wireless
The class EarPods are wired earbuds while the AirPods offer wireless connectivity. So, if you have been struggling with the wires of the EarPods and looking for free movement then the new AirPods will just be right for you.
Apparently, EarPods need no power or charging and they work as a headphone jack or a lightning port in the case of the iPhone 7. The AirPods on the other hand features wireless charging that is done through the sleek case that packs the earbuds itself. The AirPods support Qi-based wireless charging that allows quick and hassle-free charging. The charging of an AirPod allows you to enjoy the music for about 5 hours.
Part 4. EarPods vs AirPods: Design
The design of both the EarPods and the AirPods is very similar leaving aside the wireless part. The AirPods look like the EarPods without the cables and with a stem hanging at the ears. The AirPods come in a sleek white-colored two compartments case that also works as its charger. The case is easy to carry on the go. The classic EarPods offer additional functionality through the controllers present on the cord. Talking in terms of comfort, both the devices are more or less the same as they come with plastic earbuds without any ear tips.
Part 5. EarPods vs AirPods: Siri
The music can be played and controlled on the Earbuds using the physical controls and there is no support for the Siri functionality. The AirPods on the other hand support the Siri function that you can instantly activate by double-tapping on the AirPods. Siri can be used to play and control the music as well as can ask questions and also make calls.
The AirPods are good for users who find it difficult to manage the wired earbuds and looking for a truly wireless experience. The Siri functionality, new H1chip, wireless charging, and better bass are some of the additional features that go in the favour of these wireless devices. On the flip side, you need to check if you want to spend five times more for AirPods which is mostly the wireless version of the class EarPods.
Pro Tip: Several times you have large-sized audio files that are difficult to accommodate on your phone and thus compression and conversion are required. One of the best tools that we recommend here for this task is Media.io. Using this browser-based tool, the local and cloud storage audio files can be converted to all key formats. The processed files can be saved to the smartphone, computer or to Dropbox. The compression function is also supported by the tool, where the files from the computer, devices as well as network disk can be added to reduce the size.
Steps to convert audio files using Media.io:
Step 1: Go to Media.io and click on the Choose Files button to browse and load the audio files to be converted.
Step 2: Choose the desired audio format from the Convert to section.
Step 3: Click on the Convert button to start file processing.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone