Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
iPad Air4 vs Pro: an ultimate comparison
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jan 08,2021 19:26 pm
Apple iPad Pro is considered the ‘king’ of smart tablets. But is that changing with the entrance of Apple iPad Air 4 on September 15, 2020? Widely regarded as an upgrade to the Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch and its sibling, the Apple iPad Pro 10.5-inch, the iPad Air 4 2020 is taking no prisoners. It features a brand new processor, a refreshed overall design, and of course, the futuristic iPadOS 14. However, many still believe that iPad Pro comes top in many aspects. So, let’s dive in and put the debate to rest with some straightforward facts.
Part 1. Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro: Design & Display
Let’s start with one area where iPad Pro bosses all iPad models, including Air – screen display. Although iPad Air is catching up, thanks to its updated 11-inch display, it’s still significantly smaller than the desktop-like iPad Pro 12.9-inch screen. The Pro also edges out the Air in terms of brightness, with its extra 100 nits of brightness. Though small, it can still make a difference when it matters most.
The Pro also fares better in terms of resolution with its 2732 x 2048 display, compared to the Air’s 2360 x 1640 resolution. But the iPad Air makes it up in the authentification department with its Touch ID sensor on the top button. Compared to the Pro’s Face ID, I find the Air to be more convenient. Overall, the iPad Pro edges out the iPad Air here, bar the TouchID recognition.
Part 2. Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro: Camera
Now let’s discuss the camera versatility where the iPad Pro tops once again. Although both have 12MP rear cameras, the iPad Pro adds a 10MP camera with an ultra-wide. The ultra-wide feature allows the camera to capture more surroundings in a single shot. Not to forget the Light Detection and Ranging scanner (LiDAR) for letting the camera to record precise object distance. This way, you’ll enjoy better quality images.
But don’t dismiss the iPad Air 4 just yet. That’s because its 12MP camera can equally take slow-motion 4k videos at 60 frames per second. I really doubt if you’ll even miss the ultra-wide and LiDAR scanner with the iPad Air 4.
Part 3. Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro: Hardware & Performance
Honestly, the Apple iPad Pro can’t match the Air model here! To begin with, the iPad Air 4 2020 packs the powerful A14 processor under the hood. It is the latest Apple chip that we also expect to find in the yet to be released iPhone 12. Compared to iPad Pro’s A12z chip, the iPad Air will become faster and more efficient, at least for now. Apple claims that the chip comes with a massive 40% boost in CPU processing and 30% in graphics. Also, it features the brand new 16-core neural engine, which is 2x faster.
On the hardware similarities, both feature USB-C connectivity. The iPad Air 4 2020 also sees an upgrade to support the Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2, which were previously a special reserve for the iPad Pro. Another similarity is that both iPads offer up to 10 hours of battery life, although the iPad Air 4 takes 30 minutes less to charge fully.
We’re not yet sure what RAM the iPad Air 4 packs, but what is certain is that it will be more than its predecessor’s 3GB. Again, some GBs less shouldn’t deter you from ordering the fantastic iPad Air. The physical storage size, however, can tilt the scales because the iPad Air is more conservative. While the Pro’s lowest capacity is 128GB, which can rise to 1TB, the Air is limited to two options, only – 256GB and 64GB.
Part 4. Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro: Price
The price tag is a vital determinant on which iPad model you choose. The iPad Air price starts at $599 for the 64GB and $749 for the 256GB. The iPad Pro price, on the other hand, starts at $799 for the lowest storage model, and that’s without a cellular connection. The more significant 12.9-in iPad Pro pushes near the mammoth $1,000 mark. So, when it comes to the pricing, it all depends on your bank account.
|Memory size||Apple iPad Air 4||Apple iPad Pro|
|Display Type||Liquid Retina||Liquid Retina|
All in all, the Apple iPad Air 4 offers almost everything you can find in the Apple iPad Pro 2020. First of all, the powerful A14 processor is a game-changer. This is proof enough that it can handle more tasks than the iPad Pro. Also, the shorter charge time and lower price tag should come in handy. But of course, the iPad Pro has its strengths, such as a bigger and brighter 12.9-inch display. So, choose wisely!
Tip: After purchasing your iPad, you might create a couple of videos that you’ll need to edit and convert. If that’s the case, use Wondershare UniConverter! This Windows and macOS app is simple to install and use and offers multiple editing functions. Here is how to use it:
Step 1: Import your videos
After installing and running Wondershare Video Converter, use your iPad’s USB cable to connect it to your computer. After connecting successfully, go to Wondershare UniConverter and open the Video Editor window. Now choose the Crop function and then import your video files from iPad storage.
Step 2. Edit videos
Begin cropping your video by rotating, flipping, and resizing. You can also apply effects, subtitles, remove watermarks, and adjust audio by clicking their respective tabs. Hit the Ok button if you’re satisfied.
Step 3. Save your videos
Click the Output Format drop-down list, hit the Device tab, and then choose your iPad’s model. You can also click the Video tab to select a video format. Proceed to click the File Location textbox and choose a destination folder on your iPad. Finally, click Start All. You can now enjoy your edited video on the iPad.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone