Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
New iPad Air 4 is Here!
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jan 08,2021 19:27 pm
The new Apple iPad Air 4 is finally out. But unlike other Apple 2020 products like the Apple Watch Series 6, the iPad Air 4th Generation is not available for pre-orders right away. That small blip aside, this brand new iPad is the most premium gadget released by Apple in 2020. So, let’s cut the chase and discuss some vital facts about this top-of-the-line device, including its release date.
Part 1. Apple iPad Air 4 Release Date & Price
The iPad Air 4 release date was on September 15, 2020, at Apple’s Time Files event. As usual, the launch included other products like the Watch Series 6, Watch SE, and Apple Watch OS7. The iPad Air will be available in more than 30 regions and countries, including the US, at the beginning of October 2020.
Quickly moving forward to the iPad Air 4 price tag, Apple iPads are typically costlier than its other product lines. The iPad Air maintains that tradition with prices starting at $599. Below is a complete list of iPad Air 2020 prices:
- 2020 iPad Air 4 64GB + Wi-Fi £579/$599
- 2020 iPad Air 4 256GB + Wi-Fi £729/$749
- 2020 iPad Air 4 64GB Wi-Fi + cellular £709/$729
- 2020 iPad Air 4 2020 Wi-Fi + cellular £859/$879
Part 2. Apple iPad Air: New Color Options
On top of a new stylish design, Apple iPad Air 4 2020 also comes with three brand new colors. So, what’s special about the colors? Let’s find out!
Rose Gold makes a loud come back with a pink hue to make the tablet more feminine. Rose Gold is prettier and less shouting than the typical Gold color that Apple uses on its iPhone XS.
Apple iPad Air 4 also comes in Green color, although far from the standard green. It’s a light-green color, unlike iPhone 11’s deep green. I find this color more unique and attractive to nature lovers.
The last Apple iPad Air new color is the unique Sky Blue. Like the first two, this color is quite subtle that it even resembles silver with a slight blue hue. With the Sky Blue color, your tablet will blend in with any home or professional environment.
The other two remaining colors, Space Gray and Silver, don’t need much of an introduction.
Part 3. Apple iPad Air 4: New Features
Apple iPad Air 4 Specs
|New Color||Sky Blue, Rose Gold, Green|
|Front Camera||7MP TrueDepth|
|Rear Camera||12MP BSI Sensor|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 6, 4G LTE|
|Display Resolution||2360 x 1640|
|Speakers||Dual stereo speakers|
|USB Connectivity||USB Type-C|
|Apple Pencil||Pencil 2|
|Storage Capacity||64GB, 256GB|
Apple iPad Air 4 Design & Display
The iPad Air 4 (2020) borrows most of its updated design from the iPad Pro just as expected. Now this means that it comes with slim bezels at the edges, no Home button, and a single rear camera. Also, the screen uses Apple’s Liquid Retina technology, which is a ‘fancier’ LCD. It boasts of 2360 x1640 resolution and measures 10.9” across. If you stack up iPad Air 4 vs iPad Pro in this regard, iPad Pro offers a bigger overall display.
It’s also worth saying that iPad Air 4 (2020) is the first of its kind with a bottom-placed fingerprint sensor. Other iPad models have sensors blended with the front Home button. Plus, it comes with a USB-C port for making your data-sending and charging process faster and more efficient.
Apple iPad Air 4 A14 Bionic Chipset
This is where the debate between iPad Air 4 vs iPad Air 3 is finally put to rest. That’s because iPad Air 4 2020 packs the advanced A14 chip architecture under the hood, which is something that we also expect to see in the upcoming iPhone 12. Compared to iPad Air 3’s older A12 chip, A14 chip is around 40% faster when processing data and 30% quicker in GPU intensive apps. Now that’s a giant leap forward from Apple till date.
Apple iPad Air 4 Cameras
Like the iPad Air Pro, iPad Air 4 (2020) doesn’t present any significant changes in terms of camera megapixels. It comes with a 7MP front Facetime camera that can capture 1080p full HD videos and Smart HRD. Also, it’s fitted with a 12MP back camera that can record 4K videos at 60 frames per second and 1080p clips at 30 frames per second. And best of all, iPad Air 4 features an advanced video stabilization.
Apple iPad Air 4 Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard
Let’s jump to accessory compatibility where there are massive boosts and improvements. Like all fourth-generation iPads, the iPad Air 4 (2020) offers support for Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Here, iPad Air 4 will enjoy compatibility with the intelligent second-gen Apple Pencil 2 and Magic Keyboard. The Pencil is smooth and responsive enough as the lovely Magic Keyboard offers an excellent form factor and killer performance. But the positives aside, these two accessories can be pretty expensive for many.
Apple iPad Air 4 with iPadOS 14
The iPadOS 14 will give iPad Air 4 users an improved computer-like experience with its pull-down menus and sidebars. Also, you’ll now enjoy Scribble on your iPad, which allows you to handwrite texts directly using the Apple Pencil. I find this feature very progressive for iPad users because you can now reply to messages, emails, or even search the web fast and easy.
Even better, your Safari web browser will henceforth translate websites to up to seven different languages. Not only that, but the browser will also come with enhanced security and privacy features such as identifying weak user passwords. And lest I forget, the iPadOS 14 will come with a refreshed Home Screen with redesigned Today View widgets, just like on the iOS 14.
Part 4. Apple iPad Air 4: iPadOS 14 Compatibility
Obviously, the iPad Air 4 will be running on the latest iPad OS – iPadOS 14. So, instead of going all out to purchase the brand new and expensive iPad Air 4, you can merely upgrade your iPad and enjoy the latest iPad software features. Lucky for you, Apple has confirmed that the upgrade will be available on most iPad models starting from iPad Air 2 or newer to iPad Air Mini 4 or later.
Below is a full list of iPadOS 14 compatible devices:
- iPad Pro 12.9” 2020/2018/2017/2015
- iPad Pro 11” 2018/2020
- iPad Pro 10.5” 2017
- iPad Pro 9.7” 2016
- iPad Mini 2019
- iPad Mini 4 2015
- iPad Air 2019
- iPad Air 2 2014
- iPad 2017/2018/2019
Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) might not come with lots of improvements, but you’ll still find it as a worthy iPad Air 3 upgrade. Although both come with sharp displays and USB-C port support, the iPad 4 boasts of a powerful AI4 processor that propels it to a different league. That makes the iPad perfect for tasks such as photo editing, video editing, playing games, and so on. So, it’s evident that an OS upgrade alone won’t save your skin.
Tip: After purchasing and setting up your iPad Air 4, you’ll need to fill it up with data and media files. That might be your favorite music or videos saved on your computer. But with Wondershare UniConverter, all your file transfer worries are over. After installing it, you can transfer files from your desktop to iPad or vice-versa in a single click.
Below is how to use it to transfer files from desktop to your iPad:
Step 1: Connect your iPad
Download, install and run Wondershare UniConverter on your PC. After that, use your iPhones USB cable to connect it to your computer. Now go back to the desktop app and click Toolbox before clicking the Transfer function.
Step 2: Import files
Open your file location on your computer and then drop them on the Transfer window. Alternatively, click the folder icon on the top-left corner to open your local files.
Step 3: Begin transferring
Open the drop-down list on the top-right corner and then choose your iPad’s name. Finally, click the Transfer All button to begin exporting multiple medial files to your iPad in a second. Note that you can use the same method to backup your iPad data on your computer.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone