How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
Backup your iPhone with simple steps
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Your iPhone constitutes a collection of important data that might hold a lot of significance in your life. To save yourselves from losing this data, the technology has offered backup solutions. Apple offers a variety of backup solutions to its users, where they can generally back their data through iTunes and iCloud. iTunes backup and iCloud backup have been the most used direct method of backing up iPhone’s data. There are different third-party platforms that provide you with comprehensive mechanisms along with other impressive features. This article introduces you to three ways to backup your iPhone.
Part 1. How to Backup iPhone via iCloud
iCloud backup has been referred to as the simplest method to backup your iPhone. Data is automatically backed up on iCloud storage with a Wi-Fi connection. Follow the steps below to backup your iPhone to iCloud storage.
Step 1: Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Go to iPhone Settings.
Step 3: Tap your name at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Tap iCloud.
Step 5: Tap iCloud Backup to proceed.
Step 6: Lastly, switch your iCloud Backup on. Than you are done! You iPhone will automatically back up your data to iCloud.
Part 2. How to Backup iPhone via iTunes
As iCloud Storage gives you the limited free space of 5GB only to back up the iPhone to the iCloud, therefore; backup iPhone to iTunes is another method to get your data secured if you have loads of things to secure. It is a way in which you need a computer to get iTunes installed; once you have it installed, it will become easy to manage your data. Follow the steps below to get your data backup to iTunes.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone via USB cable/Wi-Fi to your computer.
Step 2: Open iTunes.
Step 3: Click the Continue button.
Step 4:Tap the Trust button and enter the password.
Step 5: Tap the phone icon on the top left corner.
Step 6: The Summary section shall open on the left sidebar.
Step 7: Scroll down to the Backups section in iTunes.
Step 8: Encrypt the data through the Encrypt iPhone Backup checkbox. Data will be secured through a password.
Step 9: Set your password in the pop-up window to get the backup started. It shall take a few minutes.
Part 3. How to Backup an iPhone via Online Storage Options
Other than the iCloud backup and iTunes backup, there is some software that support data backup. One of the renowned applications is Dropbox, which gives you a free space of 15GB. The following are the steps to mount your data on the drive.
Step 1: Download Dropbox in the App Store.
Step 2: Sign in to the app using Gmail/Apple account.
Step 3: Click the Add Files icon located at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: Select the file you wish to upload (jpg, pdf, audio, video, etc.), then wait for the process to be finished.
Part 4. Transfer with Wondershare UniConverter
It would always be a good idea to backup your phone to secure your personal data. We've talked about three main ways to get your iPhone backed up. All of the methods are efficient in their own ways. However, sometimes, you may also need to transfer files, such as videos and audios into your iPhone within a short time, then you must try Wondershare UniConverter software will help you with just a few clicks. Download for free and get to know this powerful tool with simple steps provided below.
Step 1: Launch Wondershare UniConverter platform on your PC.
Step 2: Select Toolbox in the left panel of the window.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 4: Tap the Trust button on your iPhone when inquired about.
Step 5: Next, enter the passcode on your iPhone to let the software perform its task.
Step 6: Navigate to the drop-down button on the top-left corner of the window.
Step 7: Tap on Add Files.
Step 8: To confirm that your connection is successfully established, tap Transfer at the top right corner of the screen to find your iPhone in the drop-down list.
Step 9: For effectively transferring all files in one go, tap on Transfer All present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone