How to Use "Find My iPhone" to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
Get your iPhone back with simple steps
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Where’s my iPhone? If you are unfortunate enough to lose your iPhone, Apple offers you a free tool for help. Find my iPhone is an application that you can use to locate your iPhone. You can have your iPhone locked if it gets stolen, preventing the thief from accessing your personal data. You will need to use “find my iPhone” on another iOS device, such as your PC or iPad with your iCloud ID. This article provides a complete guide to solve your problem.
Part 1. How to Use ‘Find my iPhone’
“Find my iPhone” is available for all Apple devices with at least iOS 5 or later versions. Your Apple device should be connected to a Wi-Fi network for using this app. This app already exists on your iPhone, so there is no need to have it installed from the App Store. On the other hand, you cannot have it deleted, which surely shows its importance.
You can set up the services of Find My iPhone app by following these simple steps.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
Step 2: Go to your iPhone Settings, scroll down, and tap on Find My iPhone.
Step 3: Tap Find My iPhone to activate it.
Step 4: Set up a password.
Step 5: Launch Find My iPhone app
Step 6: Tap on the Devices button to confirm that your device is synchronized with it.
Step 7: If there is more than one iPhone synchronized with this iCloud account, they can also be observed here.
In situations where you do not have any other iOS device that could help you find your lost iPhone; Apple provides another method that can be followed to confirm the safety of your device. iCloud website is another impressive platform the generally keeps you connected with your iOS device. It can also be used for finding a lost iPhone by following a few steps. This method provides an overview to find your iPhone via iCloud website. Detailed steps for you to find the lost iPhone using iCloud web are as follows.
Step 1: Open a web browser and go to icloud.com/find/.
Step 2: This link will take you directly to login to Find My iPhone app.
Step 3: The screen will show the current location of your iPhone if it is connected to internet.
Step 4: At the right corner of the screen, three options appear. Select “Play Sound” if you are searching for it nearby.
Step 5: Select “Lost mode” if you think it's stolen. It will ask for 4-digit passcode to lock your iPhone.
Step 6: Go for the option of “Erase iPhone” to remove this device from “Find My iPhone” if you want to prevent people from accessing your personal data. You must know that once choosing the option of “Erase data," all the information related to your credit/debit account of Apple will also be lost. Your iPhone will get reset, and none of the data can be restored.
Part 2. Why “Find My iPhone” Is Not Working
There are several scenarios in which the “Find My iPhone” app does not work to locate your lost iPhone. Following are the few possible reasons that would explain why the application is not functional.
- Find My iPhone is not enabled on it.
- There is a possibility that lost device has no internet connection.
- Your iPhone may have run out of battery.
Part 3. Transfer Files Using Wondershare UniConverter
The few reasons mentioned above may explain why the ‘’Find My iPhone’’ app is not working on your iPhone. In such conditions, you still may need to transfer your files all the time. With the device lost, you might be confused on covering this issue. Do not worry if your "Find My iPhone" is not working. You can use Wondershare UniConverter to send your files from your iPhone to PC. Wondershare UniConverter is an amazing platform with numerous features, which allows you to transfer the file in a very short interval of time. You can learn to use it by following these simple and easy steps.
Step 1: Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Laptop.
Step 2: Choose the tab Toolbox on the left side of the panel.
Step 3: Then Connect your iPhone with PC.
Step 4: Choose the Trust on your iPhone when the window pops up on the screen.
Step 5: Enter the password.
Step 6: Go to the drop-down button located at the top-left corner of the panel.
Step 7: Click on Add File.
Step 8: Your iOS device name must be present at the top-left corner in the drop-down list of the window. Click the Transfer button to share the file.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone