How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
Follow the tips to fix your Face ID
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Apple introduced the Face ID feature to increase the security of your iPhone. You can also use it for your authentication when purchasing from iTunes Store, Apple Pay, and App Store. In some reported cases, Face ID doesn’t work well with iPhone. In this article, we will explain why sometimes iPhone Face ID is not available and provide you tips to solve your Face ID problem.
Part 1. Apple Devices that Supports Face ID
Face ID is an amazing feature to unlock your iPhone via Face recognition. Without using your fingerprint; your iPhone can unlock itself automatically with the front camera recognizing your face. Apple offers this feature with their latest iPhone models. A list of Apple models that supports Face ID is provided below.
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPad 11 inch
- iPad 11 inch in 2nd generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 4th generation
Part 2. Causes of iPhone Face ID Not Working
It requires both the camera and the Face ID software for unlocking your iPhone; therefore, either could be at fault when this function is not working. Some possible causes are listed as below:
- Your face is not fully exposed to the camera.
- There is dust in the lens.
- It stops working after five unsuccessful attempts.
- Apple device remains locked for more than 02 days i.e., 48 hours.
- You have not used a passcode to unlock your iPhone from last six and a half days and you haven’t used Face ID to unlock the iPhone for over 4 hours.
- You have restarted your Apple device.
- Your iOS version is outdated.
- ou have locked your iPhone using "Find My iPhone" app.
Part 3. How to Fix "Face ID Not Working" Problem on iPhone
Here we offer you 3 ways for you to check the cause and solve your "iPhone Face ID not working" problem.
Make sure your iOS is updated to the latest version
Step 1: Open Settings of your Apple Device.
Step 2: Select the General tab.
Step 3: Tap on Software Update on your screen.
Step 4: Next window will give you the information about your current software.
Check your your Face ID app settings
Step 1: Go to Settings of your iPhone.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Face ID and Passcode.
Step 3: Enter your passcode to continue.
Step 4: Set your Face ID.
Step 5: Select Other Apps and choose the applications that you want to secure with Face ID.
Check your camera
Step 1: Please check that True Depth camera of your iPhone is uncovered.
Step 2: One of the feasible solutions is to restart your iPhone and enter the passcode to open it. Then lock it again and use your Face ID to unlock the iPhone.
Step 3: Clean the lens of a true depth camera; dust and oil particles may block the camera.
Step 4: Add an alternate appearance to your Face ID as Face ID may not be working if you have changed your makeup. To set up an alternate appearance, simply follow the steps of second solution mentioned above. At last, tap on Set Up an Alternate Appearance.
Step 5: You can reset your Face ID as well to get rid of this problem. Follow the steps as stated; Go to Settings>tap Face ID and Passcode>tap Reset Face ID.
Step 6: Make sure that your face is fully uncovered.
Step 7: Your features, eyes, nose, and mouth must be fully visible to the camera. Don’t wear mask.
Step 8: If none of the above solution helps, you can also contact Apple support to solve this problem. They will assist you in fixing it.
Part 4. Transfer Files with Wondershare UniConverter
When your Face ID doesn't work, it will be difficult to access your data and files from your iPhone, causing trouble for your work and everyday live. Therefore, it is important to have a trsansfer tool to help you backup you data from your iPhone to your PC. Wondershare UniConverter is a pwoerful tool to help you out of this difficult sutuation. It presents a very efficient solution to its users by presenting an option to back up data of your iPhone on your PC. To understand the method that involves the tools to transfer files from an iPhone to another device or desktop with the help of Wondershare UniConverter, you need to follow the steps provided below.
Step 1: Start the software on your computer/Laptop.
Step 2: Click the button Toolbox present at the left panel of the window.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone to PC
Step 4: Select the option Trust on your iPhone to connect.
Step 5: Enter the passcode to allow the software to start work.
Step 6: Move your cursor towards the drop-down button located at the top-left corner of the window.
Step 7: Select Add Folder or Add Files.
Step 8: Tap the Transfer button to send the files; however, the name of your iPhone must be visible at the top-left corner of the panel in the drop-down list.
Step 9: Select Transfer All to transfer all the files in one go.
Face ID is a great feature iPhone offers, but it stops working occasionally for multiple reasons. However, you can fix this issue by following the solutions mentioned above. You can use Wondershare UniConverter to transfer files of more than 1000 different formats across different devices.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone