How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
Share Live Photo on Instagram in 3 ways
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Oct 22,2021 19:27 pm
Live photo is an amazing iPhone camera feature that brings your memories to life as soon as your finger touches it. With an iPhone 6s or newer, your iPhone camera is able to capture what happens 1.5 seconds before and after you take a picture. Looking like a short video clip, a moving photo brings much more fun than a still photo. As soon as the option was launched, major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter has supported animated snapshots, while Instagram delayed in rolling out this feature. But don't worry, we offer you a complete guide to help you share live photo on Instagram in 3 simple ways.
Part 1. How to Take and Edit A Live Photo
One thing you have to know is that your Live Photo option is not automatically turned on, follow 3 simple steps below to make sure you are ready for a fun moving image.
Step 1: Start the camera app on the iPhone 6s or higher.
Step 2: Tap the Live icon at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Hold your iPhone still and tap the Camera button to take live photos.
If you want to crop, trip, or mute your live photos as well, then check this Youtube tutorial video below which provides a step-by-step guide.
Part 2. How to Share A live Photo on Instagram in 3 Ways
Starting with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, Apple has made it possible to convert live photos into a video, GIF or still image. If you want to share your live photo on Instagram, you can turn it into video, GIF, or Boomerang. Choose one that is most suitable for you and follow the step-by-step guide below.
Convert Live Photo to Video
Step 1: Open the Photo app on your iPhone. Then select the Album tab at the bottom, then tap on Live Photos option.
Step 2: Go to Select in the upper right corner, select the live photo you want to convert into a video and tap the Share button in the lower left corner.
Step 3: In the Share menu, scroll down a little and tap on Save as Video. The live photo is now converted into a video.
Step 4: Finally, go back to the Recents album. Here you can find the video clip you just created. You can watch, share and edit it as you like.
Convert Live Photo to GIF
Step 1: Open Photos and select Live Photos album.
Step 2:Select the live photo that you want to convert into a GIF, the swipe up the image.
Step 3: Animation options will pop up: Live Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure. Choose Bounce or Loop, and your created GIF is ready for you!
Turn Live Photo into Boomerang
Step 1: Launch Instagram and tap the Camera icon at top left.
Step 2: Upload your live photo, then press and hold on the screen, which will allow Boomerang option to pop up. Then post it, and it's done!
Part 3. How to Turn off Live Photo
A live photo can take up significantly more storage space than a still one. With many live photos in your iPhone, your iPhone storage or iCloud storage will be filled full much faster than you think. To solve this problem, you can just simply turn off this feature with following steps.
Option 1: Open Camera. In the middle of the top of the screen you will see the yellow circle symbol. Tap the button to turn off Live Photo function.
Option 2: Open iPhone Settings. Scroll down and go to the Camera options. Then choose preserves settings. Here you will find the Live Photo option, and move the slider to the left.
Part 4. Convert with Wondershare UniConverter
Apart from converting live photos into videos or gifs, we still have other needs to convert files most of times, such as converting video to gif, gif to video, or photo to gif format. Then Wondershare Uniconverter is the best tool to solve your problem.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone