iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
Which small iphone is the best?
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jan 08,2021 19:20 pm
If you have a limited budget and looking for a compact device then this time Apple won’t disappoint you as it has two new devices matching your requirements in its kitty- iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone SE2020. The iPhone 12 Mini is from the family of the latest released (13th October 2020) 12 series whereas the iPhone SE 2020 was released in April 2020 and is the revived model of the original iPhone SE that was launched in 2018. The iPhone SE runs on an Apple A13 Bionic processor and features a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with 4G LTE connectivity. The latest iPhone 12 Mini is powered by the latest A14 Bionic processor and features 5.4 inches of Super Retina display and supports high-speed 5G connectivity. Learn more about iPhone Mini 12 price, iPhone SE 2020 price, features and their comparison in the following parts.
- Part 1. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Specs & Features
- Part 2. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Display
- Part 3. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Color & Design
- Part 4. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Camera
- Part 5. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Battery & Storage
- Part 6. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Price & Availability
Part 1. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Specs & Features
Check the main iPhone 12 Mini specs and iPhone SE 2020 specs in the table below.
|Features||iPhone 12 Mini||iPhone SE 2020|
|Display||5.4-inch Super Retina XDR display||4.7-inch Retina HD display|
|Processor||A14 Bionic||A13 Bionic|
|Camera||2 X 12 MP Ultra-Wide and Wide with Night mode and 2X optical zoom||12 MP Wide camera with 5X digital zoom.|
|Cellular connectivity||5G||4G LTE|
Part 2. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Display
The latest iPhone 12 Mini comes with a 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display that provides a resolution of 2340 X 1080 pixels. The display is a multitouch capacitive touchscreen. The OLED technology of the display offers vibrant and rich colors that enhance the overall quality. Another exciting feature of the iPhone 12 Mini is its new Ceramic Shield front that according to Apple offers 4 times better drop performance in comparison to previous models and is claimed to be the toughest material in the smartphone industry.
The iPhone SE 2020 on the other hand has a slightly smaller screen measuring 4.7 inch which is a Retina HD LCD display offering 1334 X 750 resolution. The iPhone 12 Mini has a Full HD screen whereas the display of SE is hardly an HD panel.
Part 3. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Color & Design
In terms of design, both the iPhone 12 mini and SE 2020 are different. Since iPhone SE 2020 is a revived version of an older model it comes with top and bottom bezels with curved edges and has a home button. The phone has a front and back made of glass with an aluminum band of a matching color. The design of SE2020 is majorly that of the iPhone 8 and 8Plus.
The iPhone 12 on the other hand being the latest in the series does not have any home button and has flat sides that make it easy to hold and fit in the palm and smart in looks as well. The iPhone 12 Mini comes with IP68 which means that the device can be kept in water up to 6 meters for about 30 minutes whereas the SE2020 comes with IP67 water and dust resistance that allows the device to be submerged only up to 1 meter.
The iPhone SE2020 is available in color options of black, white, and Product (Red) while the iPhone 12 mini is available in multiple color options of black, white, Product (Red), dark blue, and light green. So now you can try your hand even on a blue iPhone 12 Mini that would be really an interesting one.
Part 4. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Camera
The iPhone SE 2020 comes with a single 12MP wide-angle camera that can capture good quality images. The camera features an f/1.8 aperture with a 5x digital zoom and True Tone flash. The Night mode is missing in the device, though it comes with SmartHDR and Slow sync capabilities.
The latest iPhone 12 Mini comes loaded with an impressive dual 12MP camera- a wide-angle sensor, and an ultra-wide sensor. With an aperture of f/1.6, better light will be there for brighter images and the images will also be sharp owing to its 2x optical zoom. The Night Mode in mini 12 further enhances the overall quality of the images even in low light conditions. There is also Portrait Lighting and Portrait Mode support.
When it comes to taking selfies, the iPhone SE 2020 comes with a 7MP camera while the 12mini packs in another 12MP sensor. Both the devices support Portrait mode in a front-facing camera for capturing sharp images with a soft background.
Part 5. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Battery & Storage
Both the iPhone Mini 12 and iPhone SE2020 are available in storage options of 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. When it comes to battery, both the device support Qi charging. The iPhone 12 Mini has a video playback time of 15 hours whereas for SE2020 it is 12 hours. The 12 Mini also supports for MagSafe wireless charging which is missing in the SE2020 model.
Part 6. iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE (2020): Price & Availability
The iPhone 12 Mini will be available for purchase from 13th November 2020 though you can pre-order the device from the 6th of November. The iPhone SE 2020 can be purchased from the Apple Store or other dealers. Know the iPhone 12 Mini price and iPhone SE 2020 price as below:
- iPhone 12 Mini 64 GB: $699
- iPhone 12 Mini 128 GB: $749
- iPhone 12 Mini 256 GB: $849
- iPhone SE 2020 64 GB: $399
- iPhone SE 2020 128 GB: $449
- iPhone SE 2020 256 GB: $549
In terms of features and design, iPhone 12 mini beats SE2020 hands-on with a better and bigger screen, dual cameras, latest design, better processor, 5G connectivity, lightweight, and more. Comparing in terms of pricing, the iPhone 12mini is $300 more than SE2020 which is a huge amount if budge is taken into consideration. Moreover, the price point at which iPhone SE2020 is available, the features are quite decent with excellent image capture in bright lighting as well as overall performance.
Pro Tip: So, if you have finally chosen between the two devices there will be several situations when you would need to convert your images into interesting GIF animations and for this Online UniConverter is the best tool that we recommend. Working from the browser this simple online tool allows converting your key format images and videos into GIF files. You can choose the frame rate and the output size of the file and there is also an option to add the text. After the process is complete you can either save the created GIF to your computer or Dropbox.
Steps to convert images to GIF using Wondershare Online UniConverter
Step 1: Go to Wondershare Online UniConverter and tap on the IMAGES TO GIF button to browse and load the images from your system from which you need to create a GIF.
Step 2: Choose the file parameters as needed and add the text if required.
Step 3: Create GIF and once the process is complete, save it to your system or Dropbox.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone