How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
Transfer Everything to Your New iPhone
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Feb 20,2021 20:47 pm
There are several ways you can transfer data from your old iPhone to a new iOS device. That is, either using your Cloud, iTunes, or Finder.
However, if you're about to set up your new iOS device or you've set up your iPhone and your data are the only things missing. Your old iPhone should be running the latest version of iOS before commencing on this phone to phone transfer. This ascertains its compatibility with the newly acquired iPhone and reduces the risk of problems during the data transfer operation.
Part 1. Backup Your iPhone before Transferring Data
Backup Using iCloud
Step 1: Open the Settings app on your and tap the Apple ID, then select iCloud.
Step 2: Tap on iCloud Backup, choose Back Up Now, and wait for some time while the backup process gets completed.
Step 3: After completing the backup process, turn off your old iPhone and remove your SIM card.
Backup Using Finder
Step 1: Connect your old iPhone to your Mac computer using its USB cable. Then launch the Finder app to begin the process.
Step 2: Select your iOS device under Location on the left pane of the Finder windows page.
Step 3: Click Trust to trust the iPhone, then in the Backup option, select Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this mac and tick the Encrypt local backup checkbox.
Step 4: Step 4: A small window will pop up inquiring you to verify the password for your backup. Enter your password and click on Set Password. However, if it's your first time doing this, you can create a password.
Step 5: Finally, click Back Up Now to backup your iPhone and complete the process.
Backup Using iTunes
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac using its USB cable and click on Continue in iTunes to enable your computer to access your iPhone.
Step 2: On your iPhone, tap on Trust, and enter your Passcode.
Step 3: After you've enabled access to iTunes, you'll notice a small phone icon on your computer. Click on it, then iTunes should automatically display your phone's Summary.
Step 4: Tick the
Step 5: Click Backup Now to begin the backup process.
Step 6: Click on Done when it's completed.
Part 2. Set Up Your New iPhone
In the second phase, Turn ON your new iPhone and follow the instructions to complete the setup process.
Part 3. Restore Data from iCloud/iTunes/Finder Backup
Once you've completed the backup and set up process, It's time to transfer your essential data to the new iPhone by restoring from backup.
All you need to do is, log in to the new iPhone using your Apple ID. Then you'll be asked if you're willing to set your phone as a brand new iPhone or restore from an existing backup via iCloud or iTunes.
Select between Backup from iTunes or Backup from iCloud and choose the most recent backup from your old phone. After that, your data will be transferred from your former phone to the new iPhone.
Part 4. Transfer With Wondershare UniConverter
If you've utilized the process above to transfer your data from old iPhone to new iPhone. And you still discover some audios and video files are missing, you need the powerful Wondershare UniConverter software tool. UniConverter software is an extraordinary transfer tool that enables you to transfer videos and audio files just in a few clicks.
Follow the steps below to transfer your files.
Step 1: Get to The transfer box
Launch the Wondershare UniConverter app on your Mac/Windows computer, click on the Toolbox at the bottom left side of your screen, and select Transfer.
Step 2: Connect your iOS device
Using your iPhone USB cable, connect your device to the computer and tap on Trust on your phone when you're asked to do so. After that, enter your iPhone Password to verify the trust between the computer and your device.
Step 3: Import files to the UniConverter app
At the top left corner of the Transfer box page, click on the Add files icon to import entire videos and audio files.
Step 4: Transfer files
Confirm that your iPhone's name is present in the drop-down at the top-right corner of the Transfer box. Thus, click on the Transfer All button at the bottom right side of the screen to transfer your files.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone