Step by Step Tutorial of Merging Clips Using iMovie
How to Use iMovie to Merge Files
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jul 30,2021 17:46 pm
What is iMovie?
Apple made iMovie in 1999. It is a video editing software application created for macOS, iOS, and iPad OS devices. Some of its features are options to alter and enhance video color settings, add video transitions, crop video clips, stabilize shaky videos, rotate video clips and change the speed of clips.
Whether you use Mac or any other iOS device, you can use iMovie to merge audio and video clips. Just select the desired clips and then add titles, music, and effects. Plus, iMovie even supports 4K videos for stunning cinema-quality films.
Part 1: How to join clips with iMovie
iMovie allows you to merge audio and video into one file, read this step-by-step process to learn how to use iMovie to combine two videos.
1. Begin the process by opening iMovie and then tap the Create Project.
2. Select Moviefrom the New Project option.
Moreover, press Create Movie at the bottom of the screen.
3. Furthermore, press Tap +to add videos, photos, or audio so that you can import your videos.
Now, tap All, tap on whichever video you wish to import, and then tap the tick mark.
4. Just then, tap Create Movie, which is at the bottom of the screen.
If you want, you can add transitions like slide, wipe and fade between your videos.
5. Finally, once you have finished, tap Done, which is in the top left corner of the screen.
Part 2. The best alternative online tool of merging videos with iMovie
Online UniConverter is a free tool that is available online. It is used to edit video, audio, and image files in many different formats. Some of its many features are photo and video conversion, audio extraction, watermarking, and GIFs.
Additionally, you can also convert video, audio, and image to more than 1000 formats. It includes MP4, MPEG, F4V, SWF, and AC3 for audio, and M4A and AC3 for images.
Key features of Online UniConverter
- Online UniConverter is a free tool that aids in changing files into various formats, especially when you need to play them on different devices.
- It does not add watermarks or advertisements to your converted files.
- The interface is not difficult to understand.
- This tool can make GIFs from documents that should be conceivable with any video. This tool can structure many GIFs and can also transfer them to your social media.
How to use it to merge videos?
- Firstly, click "Choose Files" button for uploading your media files.
- Next, rearrange the order of the videos, add desired background music or customize other editing options, then hit on the "Merge" button.
- Finally, click "Save" so that you can get the merged video file to either your computer or phone.
Part 3. Extensive knowledge - merge videos in DaVinci Resolve
1. How does DaVinci Resolve work?
To figure out how does it work, you could refer to the below simple instructions:
Firstly, open DaVinci Resolve and create a New Project and Import Media. Secondly, choose your project name. Then, open Project Settings, the cog icon that you will find in the lower right of the interface. You will then have to set your Timeline Frame Rate. It defaults to 24 fps, but you will have to change this according to the majority of your footage. If you wish to change the timeline frame rate, then also change the Playback Frame Rate and Video Format tabs to match. When you come to the Cut page, go to the menu bar and choose File > Import > Import Media.
A Finder window will come, and you will have to find where your footage is stored on your computer to bring to your project.
- Add Transitions
- Move to the Edit page simply by clicking the word Edit, which you will find on the ribbon toolbar.
- Open the Effects Library panel, which is located on the top left of the interface.
- Below Video Transitions, click and drag the Cross Dissolve transition onto the timeline while placing your mouse between two video pieces.
- Then, click on the transition icon in the timeline.
- Open the Inspector panel, which is in the top right of the interface.
- Finally, in the Inspector, think about making the length to 8 frames.
2. Is DaVinci Resolve Better than iMovie?
- Allows users to upload multiple video or audio clips for merging
- Keeps saving changes while working on your project and then syncs it with all your devices for automatic updates
- Quickly updates any changes, thus saving more time while editing, which is very helpful
- Audio for video editing is limited
- Problematic to share the project or manage files manually
- Work on projects on either Mac or PC
- Offers a free version that has many great tools. Plus, the entire product is only $300 per license
- Some parts give inexperienced users a hard time. Multiple user sign-ins can be tricky.
- Hard to use on a single screen editing workflow and worse when using a laptop, and this software is best with more screens.
iMovie, DaVinci Resolve, and Online UniConverter are all great for editing pictures and videos. Each comes with multiple pros and cons. Our in-detailed guide discusses the ups and downs of each unbiasedly to help you make an informed decision--select the one that best meets your needs.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add audio to video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online