7+ Best Methods to Merge MKV Files Instantly
Merge MKV Files Instantly
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
MKV (Matroska Video) is an open-source video format often used to stream videos online. However, sometimes you may have multiple MKV video clips that you want to edit and join together. In that case, you must find the best app to merge MKV with lossless quality. So, where do you begin your search? Fret not because your search ends here with these solutions to merge MKV files online or offline.
Part 1. The best online free MKV joiner - Wondershare Online UniConverter
First off, let's learn the best all-around app to combine MKV files without quality loss - Online UniConverter. With this website, you'll enjoy a fast, straightforward, and feature-rich user interface to merge MKV videos easily. While combining MKV, Online UniConverter allows you to preset the aspect ratio, video format, and apply crossfade transition effects. Also, users can customize their merged video clips with the background audio of their choice. Plus, you can merge other standard video formats like MP4, VOB, FLV, MTS, 3GP, WebM, and more.
- Merge an unlimited number of MKV into a single file.
- It supports the merging of other formats like MP4, FLV, VOB, MTS, etc.
- Merge videos with transition effects and background audio.
- Multiple video editing tools for cropping, trimming, splitting, compressing, etc.
- Convert between 1000+ file formats.
Detailed steps to join MKV files using Online UniConverter on a computer:
Step 1. Launch the Merge Video tool.
Visit Online UniConverter on your favorite web browser and then tap the Online Tools menu to open it. Then, click the Merge Video tool to open it and upload your clips by dragging-n-dropping. Alternatively, click the Choose File button to load your local videos on the Merge Video tool.
Step 2. Customize the output video settings (optional).
Do you want to edit the video to make it more attractive? If yes, navigate to the right pane and select a crop option and aspect ratio. Also, check the Crossfade box to fade the transition effects on your video.
Don't stop there; click Add audio to launch your local storage and upload an audio file to use on the video background. After adding audio successfully, trim it to match the video playback duration. You can even adjust the audio volume.
Step 3. Select a target format and merge the videos.
You are now ready to merge your video. To do that, click Output format, choose MKV, and then click Merge. Congratulations! You have successfully joined your MKV files.
Part 2. 6 other well-chosen MKV mergers
In this digital era of video editing, creators are certainly not short of options for merging MKV files. With that in mind, below are other notable apps to help you merge MKV files or Mac/Windows:
Handbrake - Windows/Linux/macOS
Handbrake is a cross-platform video editing and conversion app that doesn't require users to pay anything to use. Although the UI may need a learning curve, Handbrake compensates for it with extensive format support. Users can convert and merge MKV files on Handbrake without compromising quality. In addition to MKV, you can also join any digital video format, including ripping DVDs. Before outputting your video, Handbrake allows you to tweak the frame rates, apply effects, crop, change codecs, and more. All in all, you'll forget that Handbrake is a free, open-source program when using it.
- It supports multiple file formats.
- Can rip DVDs with lossless quality.
- It's a free, open-source app.
- Intimidating user interface.
- The trimming function isn't beginner-friendly.
Wondershare UniConverter (Desktop version) - Windows/Mac
Yes, you guessed it right; Wondershare UniConverter is the offline version of Online UniConverter. Like the online tool, this desktop video converter supports 1000+ file formats, including raw videos recorded on your iPhone or camcorder. That said, you can combine MKV, MTS, AVCHD, DS, VOB, and other video formats. Also, users can rip their DVDs and CDs (including copy-protected ones) and merge the videos into one beautiful file. And as expected, it features advanced editing tools for trimming, splitting, rotating, adding motion effects, and so on.
So, without wasting more time, here is how to combine MKV with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1. Run the video merger tool and upload your videos.
Install and run UniConverter 13 on your computer, then click the Merger button on the left taskbar. After launching this tool, drag-n-drop your video file on the workspace. Another way is to open your local folders by clicking Add Files and then choose your video files.
Step 2. Trim your videos (optional).
Next, it's time to tweak the videos after uploading them successfully. To do that, click Trim and then move the trimming handles to erase the unwanted parts at the beginning and ending points. But if you want to cut with precision, choose an area to begin cutting on the video timeline and click Cut. Now do the same on the stop point before selecting and deleting the unwanted sections.
Step 3. Preset the target format and merge.
Last but not least, tap Output Format, click Video, and then choose MKV. Now proceed to set the output video resolution. It's vital to note that UniConverter allows 4K rendering, which is the bare minimum these days. Finally, click Start All to start saving the merged video clips. Now enjoy your video!
Boilsoft Video Joiner - Windows/macOS
Boilsoft Video Joiner is another robust video editing app to help you merge MKV, AVI, MTS, 3GP, and other video formats. Unlike Handbrake, the user interface here is self-explanatory and allows you to upload multiple files. If you're an audiophile, Boilsoft Video Joiner enables you to extract music from multiple video files before merging them. Also, the app claims to be 10x faster than other video editing apps. Of course, you can go ahead and verify that!
- Simple to use.
- It's compatible with most video formats.
- Extract audio from video losslessly.
- No other editing tools.
- Not entirely free.
FormatFactory - Windows
FormatFactory is a fast and easy-to-use software that's available in more than 20 languages. With it, you can convert and merge any video to MP4, MOV, 3GP, MTS, and other video formats. Also, it supports converting and linking standard audio and image formats like JPG, PNG, MP3, M4A, and more. In addition to that, FormatFactory comes with tools for creating disk images, ripping CDs/DVDs, and repairing audio and video. And finally, this software is free, open-source, just like Handbrake.
- Free, open-source app.
- It supports most video formats.
- The interface is available in multiple languages.
- Outdated user interface.
- It has limited video editing tools.
MKVToolnix is a pretty complex addition to this list. That's because the user interface can be intimidating to beginners. But once you learn how to use it, this free, open-source software is one of the best for stitching up MKV files losslessly. With it, you can combine multimedia streams into MKV and extract some parts from MKV to other formats. Also, you can edit important video information like the header, chapter, title, and so on. Overall, it's an excellent tool for those who know how to use it.
- Free, open-source app.
- Combine media streams into MKV.
- Edit the video header and chapter information.
- Intimidating user interface.
- Only supports MKV and WebM video formats.
FVC Video Converter Ultimate is a free video conversion software that's clean and safe to install on your Windows and Mac computers. It can convert between typical audio and video formats, including MP4, MOV, MP3, M4A, and so much more. But before converting, you can retouch video settings like the bitrate, sampling rate, frame rate, and resolution. Also, it packs additional tools for cropping, trimming, rotating, applying filters, removing/adding watermarks, etc. And above all, the free-user outputs are devoid of any watermarks.
- It supports 1000+ file formats.
- Paid users enjoy 4K outputs.
- Multiple editing tools.
- Free users need an internet connection to merge MKV videos.
- Limited video editing tools on the free version.
I'm happy that you can now merge MKV files quickly and easily. With these desktop programs, you can do more than just joining MKV clips to make your videos more appealing to watch. But if you want to combine MKV videos on any device with a reliable internet connection, then Online UniConverter is the way to go. Happy MKV editing!
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Story
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online