Top 4 Free Online Tools to Merge WMV Files Effortlessly
Merge WMV Files Online For Free
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
If you want to merge WMV files with lossless quality, this is the perfect tutorial. The internet is filled with multiple online and dedicated WMV mergers for computers and mobiles. However, just a handful of these programs guarantee lossless results. Also, most WMV editors have limited file size support. So, to be safe, this guidepost discusses the best solutions to merge WMV without quality loss.
Part 1. What is a WMV file?
Before we dive deeper into discussing the best apps to merge WMV, let's first see what precisely this file format is. Basically, WMV (Windows Media Video) is a video format developed by Microsoft in 2013. It features a .wmv filename extension and saves three distinct video codecs: H.262 (MPEG-2), H.264 (MPEG-4), and Blu-ray video disc. As expected, WMV can be opened by almost any media player on Windows operating system.
Theoretically, WMV boasts a smaller file size than MP4, thanks to its superior compression. However, MP4 edges it out in terms of quality because WMV still uses old codecs like WMV1 and WMV2. Also, MP4 is universal, unlike WMV, which is mainly confined to Windows platforms. Nonetheless, these file formats are almost evenly matched in most other aspects.
Part 2. Highly-ranked 4 free online ways to merge WMV files [You can't-miss]
With that brief overview of WMV, let's now learn the best online tools to join this file format. They include:
The name alone is self-explanatory. Online Converter is an excellent tool to join WMV files into one beautiful video. Online Converter is free to use and supports hundreds of file formats. It can merge all standard video formats like WebM, MP4, MTS, TS, VOB, etc. Interestingly, you can merge up to four WMV files. But there is a condition; you can't join more than 200MB at a go. Also, the adverts can be pretty annoying. Below are the steps:
Step 1. Open Online Converter and then tap the Choose File button to add WMV videos.
Step 2. Now click Merge to join the videos on Online Converter.
Step 3. The program will redirect you to a page with the download link for the merged video. It's really that easy!
If Online Converter doesn't impress you, try Online UniConverter instead. With this online software, you can merge several WMV files quickly and easily. It supports thousands of digital file formats, including WMV, WebM, MTS, TS, VOB, MP4, and more. In fact, you can join different file formats in the same session. That aside, Online UniConverter allows you to adjust the aspect ratio, crop the video, add audio, and choose a different target format. Even better, there is a host of editing tools to exploit.
- Merge WMV, MP4, MTS, VOB, MOV, and other video formats.
- Customize the aspect ratio, zoom and crop, apply crossfade effects, and add audio.
- Drag to rearrange the videos before merging.
- Export videos to tens of popular video presets.
- Runs smoothly on all HTML5 web browsers.
Follow these easy steps to merge WMV on Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Upload your WMV videos.
Connect your device to a reliable internet source and then use a web browser to launch Online UniConverter. Then, tap Online Tools and click Merge Video. Now drag and drop your WMV videos or click Choose Files to open WMV clips. Whichever the upload method, the rendering speed is fast.
Step 2. Customize video settings before merging (optional).
Do you want to make the merged video more appealing to view? Start by cropping and zooming before choosing the perfect aspect ratio. After that, click the Crossfade box to apply fading transitions.
Don't stop there; press Audio to open local music and add it to the video's background. After uploading the audio, you can trim it and adjust the playback volume. You're now ready to merge WMV files.
Step 3. Choose a target format and merge.
Before merging the uploaded clips, rearrange them at the bottom of the window to change positioning. Also, open the Output Format list to set WMV as the target format. Lastly, press Merge to begin combining WMV on iPhone, Android, Mac, or Windows. Download the video and enjoy!
Movie Maker Online is an excellent online video creator that works with almost any file format you throw at it. The user interface is self-explanatory and packs tools for merging, cropping, trimming, adding motion effects, etc. Excitingly, it also comes with an intuitive slideshow maker and thousands of stock music to download and add to your video. So, let's learn how to merge WMV clips with Movie Maker Online:
Step 1. Launch Movie Maker Online on your web browser and then press Add Files to open local WMV videos.
Step 2. After the files are uploaded successfully, they will be lined up in a top-down model. You can proceed to drag them to rearrange the positioning.
Step 3. Now go ahead and adjust the color, add transition effects, trim the videos, and so on. This should make the final output more presentable and entertaining to watch.
Step 4. After setting the joining options, go to the Format section and choose a target resolution. Lastly, press the Make video button to join MKV files on Movie Maker Online.
Lastly, use Veed to enjoy a full-featured toolkit with everything you may need to create an award-winning video. On Veed, you can upload several MKV files before merging them without compromising the original quality. Before joining MKV videos, Veed allows you to personalize them with drawings, texts, subtitles, transition effects, and more. Follow these steps;
Step 1. Launch Veed and then tap the Choose WMV Files button. Then, tap Browse to open local WMV videos or merely drag and drop them on Veed. You can even click Record to capture the computer screen or webcam and upload it on Veed.
Step 2. Next, start customizing your videos with transition effects, colors, texts, filters, and more. You can also drag the preview screen to crop the video.
Step 3. If satisfied, tap Export at the top-right corner and click Export Video to begin the merging process. Now download your video as MP4 or GIF.
Part 3. 2 Best WMV merger apps for Mac/Windows [Recommended]
Wondershare UniConverter is a complete all-in-one software to convert, edit, compress, record, burn, and download videos. It supports thousands of digital videos formats, including raw formats like AVCHD, ProRes, MXF, DNG, and more. Here, users can merge many WMV files into a single beautiful video. But before joining, you can trim out unwanted sections of the video. Also, you can adjust presets like frame rate, bit rate, encoder, and resolution. Plus, you can export merged WMV to tens of video formats, including device-optimized options.
Steps to join WMV files with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1. Upload WMV videos on UniConverter.
Install and run Wondershare UniConverter and then tap the Merger tab on the left pane. After that, drag and drop your WMV clips on the workspace. Or, tap the Add Files button to open local WMV files on UniConverter.
Step 2. Trim and adjust video settings.
Tap the Trim button, then split and cut the video by moving the handles at the start and stop points. But if you want to cut with more precision, choose an area to start trimming and tap Cut. Repeat the same to select a place to stop cutting. Now select the unwanted clips and delete them.
In the meantime, navigate down to the bottom of the window and press the Settings button. Then, choose the perfect video resolution, encoder, bitrate, and frame rate. Remember, a higher video resolution and bitrate translate to more significant file size. Click Ok to save the new settings.
Step 3. Choose a target format and merge videos.
Last but not least, tap Output Format, click Video, and then choose WMV. Now go on and set an output video resolution or quality. Finally, press the Start All button to start merging WMV on Mac/Win with Wondershare UniConverter.
Another free way to merge WMV on Mac, Windows, and Linux is by using VLC. Are you surprised? Well, this free, open-source multimedia player packs a whole lot of video editing tools in the background. Besides merging, VLC can also trim, record, stream, and convert videos. However, you may not like the user interface. Below are the steps:
Step 1. Install and run VLC on your PC and then tap the Media tab. Then, press the Open MultipleFiles option to launch the Open Media window.
Step 2. Next, click the File tab and then press Add to open local WMV files on the Open Media window. The upload process is instant.
Step 3. Click the Play drop-down menu at the bottom of the window and then choose Convert. A Convert window will launch immediately.
Step 4. Tap the Convert button and then choose WMV as the target format. An alternative way is to press the Spanner icon and choose ASF/WMV as the output format before clicking Save.
Step 5. To sum it up, click Start. And there is that!
Congratulations on merging your WMV videos. From the options above, it's evident that the feature-rich Online UniConverter is the best option to merge WMV on a computer or mobile. It's simple to use, quick, and supports any video format you may have. As for desktop users, Wondershare UniConverter will do, although VLC is an excellent addition as well. Happy merging!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online