Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
Video Muter to Remove Audio from Videos
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 16:29 pm
Several times there is unwanted audio content in your video files like unpleasant noise, footsteps, background noise, and others. Sharing these files with others might create a bad impression and thus the need to remove the audio from the video arises. If you too are looking for a video muter to remove audio from video on different platforms, listed below are the best methods.
Part 1. [Online] Easy and Free Method to Mute Video
For all types of editing work, online tools work as a great option and removing audio from video is no exception to this. One such program that is easy and free to use is Online UniConverter. Working from your Windows and Mac browser interface, the tool needs no registration or download. You can add the local file as well as a YouTube link to the interface to remove their audio. Without any ads or watermark, the program is safe to use and supports all major formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, and others.
Free trial to remove audio from video using Online UniConverter
Step 1: Hit on the + sign to browse and add the local file. You can also add a YouTube video link.
Step 2: The video will be started muting automatically. Click on the GO button if you're using pasting URL function.
Step 3: Download the video without audio track or save it to Dropbox.
Part 2. [Windows & Mac] How to Mute Video Clips Easily
To remove sound from video on your Windows and Mac several desktop programs are available and one such powerful tool to be considered is Wondershare Filmora. An array of video editing functions are supported by the software that is compatible with Windows and Mac systems. The program comes with a user-friendly interface and supports all major formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, and others. Using Filmora, you can either choose to mute the video or can detach the audio as both the functions leads to a mute video file.
How to remove sound from video using Wondershare Filmora
Step 1: Download, install and run the Wondershare Filmora software on your computer. Import the desired file to the timeline of the program interface by clicking on the Import button. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the file.
Step 2: Right-click on the added file and hit on the Mute option. Alternatively, you can also choose the Audio Detach function by right-clicking the video file and after the audio is separated you can remove it from the audio timeline.
Step 3: Choose the target format of the video as desired and save the file at the desktop location as needed.
Part 3. [FFmpeg] Remove Audio from Video Using FFmpeg
A number of users also use FFmpeg to remove the voice from video. FFmpeg is a free and open-source project that comes packed with an array of libraries and programs that can handle the media files in a number of manners. This is a command-line based processing tool that supports several editing functions including audio removal from a video file. If you are well aware of the line commands, FFmpeg is a great video muter.
Steps on how to mute a video using FFmpeg
The command for removing the audio from a video is as follows:
“ ffmpeg -i sampleinput_file.mp4 -an -vcodec copy sampleoutput_file.mp4'
Here sampleinput_file is the name of the video from which you want to remove the audio. sampleoutput_file is the name of the file without audio that you save to your system.
Part 4. [Phone] Best App to Delete Sound from Video
To remove audio from video on your Smartphone several apps are available. One such popular app on the Google Play Store is Mute Video, Silent Video. Simple to use, the app allows you to quickly remove the audio from the video file present in your device gallery. You can also record a live video using the phone camera and then remove its audio. The processed file can be shared with an array of social networking sites like Facebook and others. Trimming options if needed is also supported by the app.
Steps on how to mute video sound using Mute Video, Silent Video APP
Step 1: Download and open the app on your phone from the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codeedifice.mutevideomaker&hl=en_US.
Step 2: Add the video present in your phone gallery to the app interface. Alternatively, you can also record the video using the phone camera.
Step 3: Under the Select Music section, choose the mute option.
Step 4: Hit on the Save button to start the process.
To remove audio track from video on various platforms, listed above are the different tools and programs. Use them as needed and get the good quality video without sound.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing