iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
iPhone 12 and its rival Pixel 5
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
If you have been following the release of the latest smartphones then you know the present- day battle is really going to be fierce with the launch of the two 5G giants- iPhone 12 and Google Pixel 5. Apple has finally made its entry to the 5G world with its latest iPhone 12 that comes packed in with an impressive list of hardware and other features like 6.1 inches of display with ceramic shield, A14 Bionic processor, dual camera, and more. Google Pixel 5 is an addition to the impressive Pixel family that will again get the attention of the users who are looking for an affordable device with an interesting list of features. Check more details and the comparisons between the two devices in the following parts.
Part 1: Specs & Features
The table below will help you to know the Google Pixel 5 features/specs Vs iPhone 12 features/specs.
|Specs/features||iPhone 12||Google Pixel 5|
|Display||6.1-inch OLED display with 2532 X 1170 resolution and Ceramic Shield Front||6 inches OLED display|
|Software||iOS 14||Android 11|
|Size||146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4mm||144.7 x 70.4 x 8mm|
|Processor||Apple A14 Bionic||Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, 2x Cortex -A76, 6x Cortex-A55, Titan M Security Module|
|Storage||Available in 64GB/128GB/256GB without microSD slot||128GB option without microSD card slot|
|Camera||Dual camera - 12MP Wide angle sensor with 12MP Ultra-wide sensor, 12MP front facing camera||Dual camera - 12.2 MP camera with 16MP ultra wide sensor, 8 MP front facing camera|
|Fingerprint Sensor||None as it supports FaceID||Rear|
|Battery||N/A, Q1 wireless charging up to 7.5W||4080 mAh with 18W charging + 12W wireless charging + reverse wireless charging|
|Available colors||Black, White, Green, Product Red, and Blue||Sorta Sage and Just Black|
|Price||64GB -$799, 128GB -$849, 256GB -$949||$699|
Part 2: Display
The Google Pixel 5 features a 6-inch OLED screen that offers a resolution of 2340 X 1080 along with a refresh rate of 90Hz that makes the capacitive touchscreen smooth and fast.
iPhone 12 is a slightly larger screen measuring 6.1 with an OLED display with 2532 X 1170 resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. In terms of material, Google Pixel 5 uses the popular Gorilla 6 for the display while iPhone 12 has experimented with something new called Ceramic Shield that Apple claims to offer better protection against the drops.
Part 3: Color & Design
The Google Pixel 5 looks neat and clean with a minimal bezel around its 6-inch display. The front panel of the phone just has a front-facing camera with a hole punch at the top-left corner. The back too looks neat and is made using recycled aluminum having a matte finish. The back features a fingerprint sensor and, on the top-left corner that is a raised dual-camera bump. The chassis of the phone has a hole that is covered by bio-resin. Overall, the device offers a comfortable and natural feel with its soft and rounded corners.
The iPhone 12 has used a new material called Ceramic Shield this time for its display. This material uses the nano-ceramic crystals that are harder than other metals inside the glass which makes it tougher than any other smartphone glass. With iPhone 12 being the first one to use this material it claims to offer 4x better protection against the drop compared to other generation devices. The front of the iPhone 12 has a large notch on its top that is used for the front-facing camera and the faceID scanner. The back-side of the iPhone also features an aluminum chassis supporting wireless charging. The aerospace-grade aluminum edges of the phone make it look interesting and clean.
The Google Pixel 5 is available only in Just Black and Sorta Sage color options while with iPhone 12 you have multiple color options including Black, Product Red, White, Blue, and Green.
Part 4. Camera
With present-day smartphones working as excellent cameras, Google Pixel 5 and iPhone 12 will be no behind. Like all its other Pixel siblings, the Google Pixel 5 also comes packed in with a 12.2 MP camera but with an addition of a secondary 16MP ultra-wide camera as well that allows to zoom out more and capture surroundings to the best. The portrait mode of the phone supports the low-light Night Sight feature of Google that allows capturing bright portrait even in low-light and blurred conditions. There are three stabilization modes in the phone- active, locked, and cinematic modes. The former two will help in capturing the heavy and faraway shots while the cinematic one can be used for slowing videos and smooth panning. For the selfie lovers, there is a front-facing 8MP camera. 4K video recording is supported by the device.
The iPhone 12 comes with two rear cameras- a 12 MP wide sensor along with 12 MP ultra-wide sensors. Both the rear cameras support the night mode for capturing high-quality images in low light conditions. The new wide camera of the phone helps in getting 27% more light so that images are detailed and bright not only in the day but night as well. The camera of the phone allows HDR and Dolby Vision HDR video recording at 30fps along with the option to edit them as well. There is also night mode time-lapse support.
The night mode feature of the camera can sense when the light is low and becomes active for capturing bright images. The Smart HDR can balance all the elements in the shot. There is also a front-facing 12MP camera on the phone along with support to night mode.
So, no matter whether you want to capture a regular image or a selfie in a day or night, the iPhone 12 will let you have an excellent shot.
Part 5. Software and System
The Google Pixel 5 will comes loaded with the latest Android 11 and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G with 8GB RAM. Though the specifications are not top of the line it offers power to take care of your regular use and requirements.
The iPhone 12 is powered by the latest and the powerful Apple A14 Bionic processor with Next-generation Neural Engine which is claimed to be the fastest chip in the smartphone. With this chip, you can get the AR experience to life and have an interesting experience. The phone will support features like a widget on the home screen and App library for organizing the apps, picture-in-picture for FaceTime calls, and video watching. The iPhone 12 iOS 14 offers great power and support to all features.
Part 6. Battery and Storage
The built-in lithium-ion battery of the iPhone 12 supports MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W with Qi wireless charging of up to 7.5W.
Part 7. Price and Availability
Google Pixel 5 price: $699/£599/€629 (128GB)
iPhone 12 price:
- Apple iPhone 64GB: $799/£799/€909
- Apple iPhone 128GB: $849/£849/€959
- Apple iPhone 256GB: $949/£949/€1,079
The Google Pixel 5 is undoubtedly a powerful device for the price point it is offered at. The 90Hz refresh rate, the working on display is fast, and coming packed with Android 11 out of the box, you will not have to worry about the updates and latest features at least for some time. On the other side, if you are an Apple fan, iPhone 12 will definitely not disappoint you with its new Ceramic shield looks, powerful dual cameras, latest processor, bigger display, and multiple storage options. So, for a 128GB handset, iPhone 12 will be around $150 more and the choice between the two depends if you are looking for an Android device or an Apple.
Tip: Have videos on your computer that you want to convert into GIF without installing any additional software? Wondershare Online UniConverter is the best program available to get your task done. Earlier known as Media.io this online tool works from the browser without any software download. The process is simple and quick and allows adding MP4, MOV, and AVI videos for the task. The non-registered users can convert up to 5 files at a day with a maximum of 20s of GIF. Files up to 100MB can be added to the interface with the option to choose the customized frame rate, and output size.
Steps to convert Video to GIF using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1: Go to Wondershare Online UniConverter and click on the VIDEO TO GIF button. Add the video file to be processed or simply drag them to the interface
Step 2: Select the Output file preferences like size, frame rate, and duration of the GIF. You can even add the text before creating the file.
Step 3: Finally, create GIF and either download it to your local system or add to the dropbox.
iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone