Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
Make the Best Funeral Slideshow
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 15,2021 11:48 am
Nothing is as painful as losing a loved one. However, you can get through this challenging phase of life by creating a funeral slideshow featuring videos and pictures of your loved one. This will not only help you remember your loved one, but also efficiently share those special moments with family and friends. So, without beating around the bush much, let's jump in and learn a few DIY ways of generating a memorial slideshow to pay tribute to a loved one in the most professional manner. Keep reading!
Part 1. 6 Things you should know before creating a funeral slideshow
A funeral slideshow isn't just any video or photo slideshow you create and share with friends and family on social media. That's because you need to get it right, starting from the slideshow playback duration to the type of background music. That said, below are a few pointers to help you create a memorable funeral slideshow:
1. Recommended length
When creating a remembrance video, aim for a playback duration between 3 to 7 minutes. This should be enough time to display multiple photos and play one or two short music tracks in the background. In short, keep your memorial slideshow quick and precise, but not too short.
The type of funeral collage you assemble is undoubtedly the most important thing you need to keep in mind. Having said that, your funeral photo collage should be of high quality and limited to something between 30 to 40 images. Also, try to ensure that the photos feature your loved ones various life stages.
Similarly, your funeral slideshow should have one or two high-quality videos, preferably less than a minute. And yes, the background music should be peaceful and relaxing.
Before creating a memorial slideshow, check if the playback device is compatible with file formats like MP4, MP3, MOV, MTS, VOB, etc. So, assuming you're doing a DIY project, always settle for standard file formats like MP3, MP4, and JPG for images.
Not everyone can make it to the memorial service. So, figure out how the attendees and those who don't make it will get the video. You can use CDs and flash discs to display the memorial slideshow to the attending friends and relatives. Where this method isn't suitable, use digital links like WhatsApp, Facebook Live, and Instagram to share the funeral slideshow.
5. Actionable tools
Fortunately, the internet is full of tools to help you create a catchy funeral video tribute. But if you want something simple, effective, and works on any device, use Online UniConverter
It's normal to require some assistance when creating a professional funeral tribute. If that's the case, reach out to experts who can get the job done for a small fee. But with the right tools and knowledge, you don't need those so-called experts' anyway.
Part 2. 3 Best online free slideshow making tools
In this part, you'll know up to three excellent memorial slideshow makers that work on any updated web browser.
Online UniConverter, initially Media.io, is indeed the best funeral slideshow maker for desktops and mobile devices. It's quick to load up, simple to navigate, and offers many media manipulation tools. First, this app can create a funeral collage from all image and video file formats. Secondly, it allows users to add the most appropriate background music and trim it to fit the slideshow slides. Thirdly and most importantly, users can export slideshows to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, and any other video format. Plus, the slideshow processing speed is second to none.
How to Create A Funeral Slideshow with Music
- Super-fast funeral slideshow making speed.
- It supports all video, audio, and image formats.
- Users can adjust audio volume and trim it.
- It supports multiple slideshow aspect ratios.
- Upload videos directly from local storage, cloud, and YouTube.
- Exports slideshows to MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, etc.
- 24/7 responsive customer support.
Now apply these simple steps to create a funeral video tribute using Online UniConverter:
Step 1: Open the slideshow maker and add photos.
Visit Online UniConverter on your mobile phone or computer, then choose Slideshow Maker under Online Tools. Now directly click below "Choose Files" to browse and add photos you want to use in the memorial slideshow. Remember, Online UniConverter supports all image file formats. Wait for a few seconds for your image files to finish uploading.
Step 2: Customize the aspect ratio and slide playback duration.
Next, navigate to the right pane and choose an appropriate aspect ratio for your video. For example, you can set it as 1:1 (Instagram Video), 16:9 (YouTube Video), 9:16 (Instagram Story), and 5:4 (Facebook Video).
After selecting an aspect ratio, choose the slideshow playback duration on the Image duration menu. Free users can create up to 10-second slideshows, although you can upgrade to the paid plan and enjoy more playback time.
Step 3: Apply befitting background audio.
Any slideshow isn't complete without background audio. Fortunately, this app lets you add background music from your local media library by clicking the Add audio button. After the audio track is uploaded successfully, trim it or adjust the volume level for the best results.
Step 4: Choose an output video format and create the video.
Last but not least, choose a target video format under the Output Format menu. Now go to the preview window and play the slideshow to see if the images and background audio meet the required standards. Finally, press Merge to start creating your funeral slideshow. That should take less than five seconds.
Note: After generating a memorial slideshow, Online UniConverter allows you to either download the file or edit it further to meet your requirements.
With Smilebox, you can create a video or photo slideshow for any event. Here, you'll get multiple slideshow designs for funerals, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and so on. In addition, users can upload an unlimited number of photos and customize them with background music from local storage or Smilebox's library. As expected, Smilebox allows you to retouch your funeral collage with emotional texts and captions. Plus, you can directly post the memorial slideshow on Instagram and Facebook for non-attendees to appreciate a life well-lived.
- It features multiple ready-made funeral slideshow designs.
- Customize slideshows with audio, text, and captions.
- Unlimited cloud storage to save your slideshows.
- Most features are locked in the $40 per year Premium plan.
Animoto is another popular video maker that can create an engaging slideshow in seconds. With it, you can create a 30-second slideshow for birthdays, weddings, funerals, milestones, and more. When creating a slideshow, you can personalize it with a piece of background music from the Animoto library or local storage. After making your creations, you can directly share them via text messages, email, and social media platforms.
- Super-simple to use.
- Excellent music library.
- Beautiful ready-made slideshow templates for any occasion.
- Limited free version.
Part 3. Bonus tips on funeral slideshow examples - 15 best songs
Lastly, let's list some fifteen songs to use on your funeral slideshow that can bring back memories.
1. I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan
This one is perfect if you're creating a slideshow for losing a grandparent or a parent. The song bears a touchy message of what parents would like to tell their kids.
2. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
In an ideal world, parents and grandparents are our greatest supporters in every situation. So, use this song on your memorial slideshow's background to emphasize this point.
3. If I Die Young - The Band Perry
Are you mourning a life cut too short? Use this sad, contemporary country song to express your disappointment.
4. Fly - Celine Dion
Celine Dion is undoubtedly a household name in the music industry. She dedicates this song to her late niece, who succumbed to cystic fibrosis.
5. A Mother's Prayer - Celine Dion
Here is another soothing song from this celebrated musician. This touching song talks about a mother's prayer that God will always care for humanity.
6. Smallest Wingless - Craig Cardiff
The pain of experiencing a stillbirth or a miscarriage for expectant parents can be unbearable. This song encapsulates the way happiness can quickly turn to sadness.
7. Someone You Love - Lewis Capaldi
Although this song is a little bit sad initially, it brings out a wave of emotions at the end. It's perfect for someone who has lost a spouse or a partner.
8. The Best I Ever Heard - Garry Allan
Garry Allan's voice has never been more emotional. Interestingly, he recorded this song in memory of his late wife.
9. So Long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen
This song by Cohen is indeed one of the saddest yet romantic on this list. Leonard Cohen wrote it in honor of his longtime girlfriend, who passed away.
10. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith
No one loves a situation where they wake up in the morning with an empty side of the bed. This sweet song beautifully conveys the message.
11. Ride - Cary Brothers
Have you lost a close friend who has always been there for you? This song perfectly sums up the situation.
12. Courtney's Song - James Blunt
When James Blunt lost his best friend, Carry Fisher, he decided to pick up a pen and paper to write this lovely lament song.
13. One Sweet Day - Boyz II Men ft. Mariah Carey
Expect some fireworks when two music legends meet in the studio. In this case, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men team up to evoke memories of heavenly reunion with our loved ones.
14. Little Boys Grow Up and Dogs Get Old - Luke Bryan
If you've lost a dog or a pet, for that matter, use this song alongside your collage slideshow. It talks about the happiness of seeing a pet grow and the sadness of losing one.
15. Goodbye My Friend - Linda Ronstadt
This song is about a lost dog and is written by one of the most decorated songwriters of recent times.
I'm now confident that you can start creating a DIY funeral slideshow from scratch. Just make sure the images and videos are of the highest quality, and the background song corresponds with the slideshow display. And above all, use one of the above online slideshow makers to create a touching memorial slideshow on any device.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Proven Methods to Help Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Audio Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker | Easily Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers You Should Know
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Slideshow Apps for Instagram | Post a Photo Slideshow as You Wish
- Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
- Quickest Way to Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- Top 10 Online Video Slideshow Maker for Free
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates as You Like
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Love
- Learn How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Any Watermark
- [3 Easy Ways] How to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- 3 Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Workable Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- How to Quickly Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Complete Guide on How to Make Slideshow on TikTok