Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
Make the Best Funeral Slideshow
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
Nothing is as painful as losing a loved one. However, you can get through this challenging phase of life by creating a funeral slideshow featuring videos and pictures of your loved one. This will not only help you remember your loved one, but also efficiently share those special moments with family and friends. So, without beating around the bush much, let's jump in and learn a few DIY ways of generating a memorial slideshow to pay tribute to a loved one in the most professional manner. Keep reading!
Part 1. 6 Things you should know before creating a funeral slideshow
A funeral slideshow isn't just any video or photo slideshow you create and share with friends and family on social media. That's because you need to get it right, starting from the slideshow playback duration to the type of background music. That said, below are a few pointers to help you create a memorable funeral slideshow:
1. Recommended length
When creating a remembrance video, aim for a playback duration between 3 to 7 minutes. This should be enough time to display multiple photos and play one or two short music tracks in the background. In short, keep your memorial slideshow quick and precise, but not too short.
The type of funeral collage you assemble is undoubtedly the most important thing you need to keep in mind. Having said that, your funeral photo collage should be of high quality and limited to something between 30 to 40 images. Also, try to ensure that the photos feature your loved ones various life stages.
Similarly, your funeral slideshow should have one or two high-quality videos, preferably less than a minute. And yes, the background music should be peaceful and relaxing.
Before creating a memorial slideshow, check if the playback device is compatible with file formats like MP4, MP3, MOV, MTS, VOB, etc. So, assuming you're doing a DIY project, always settle for standard file formats like MP3, MP4, and JPG for images.
Not everyone can make it to the memorial service. So, figure out how the attendees and those who don't make it will get the video. You can use CDs and flash discs to display the memorial slideshow to the attending friends and relatives. Where this method isn't suitable, use digital links like WhatsApp, Facebook Live, and Instagram to share the funeral slideshow.
5. Actionable tools
Fortunately, the internet is full of tools to help you create a catchy funeral video tribute. But if you want something simple, effective, and works on any device, use Online UniConverter
It's normal to require some assistance when creating a professional funeral tribute. If that's the case, reach out to experts who can get the job done for a small fee. But with the right tools and knowledge, you don't need those so-called experts' anyway.
Part 2. 3 Best online free slideshow making tools
In this part, you'll know up to three excellent memorial slideshow makers that work on any updated web browser.
Online UniConverter, initially Media.io, is indeed the best funeral slideshow maker for desktops and mobile devices. It's quick to load up, simple to navigate, and offers many media manipulation tools. First, this app can create a funeral collage from all image and video file formats. Secondly, it allows users to add the most appropriate background music and trim it to fit the slideshow slides. Thirdly and most importantly, users can export slideshows to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, and any other video format. Plus, the slideshow processing speed is second to none.
How to Create A Funeral Slideshow with Music
- Super-fast funeral slideshow making speed.
- It supports all video, audio, and image formats.
- Users can adjust audio volume and trim it.
- It supports multiple slideshow aspect ratios.
- Upload videos directly from local storage, cloud, and YouTube.
- Exports slideshows to MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, etc.
- 24/7 responsive customer support.
Now apply these simple steps to create a funeral video tribute using Online UniConverter:
Step 1: Open the slideshow maker and add photos.
Visit Online UniConverter on your mobile phone or computer, then choose Slideshow Maker under Online Tools. Now directly click below "Choose Files" to browse and add photos you want to use in the memorial slideshow. Remember, Online UniConverter supports all image file formats. Wait for a few seconds for your image files to finish uploading.
Step 2: Customize the aspect ratio and slide playback duration.
Next, navigate to the right pane and choose an appropriate aspect ratio for your video. For example, you can set it as 1:1 (Instagram Video), 16:9 (YouTube Video), 9:16 (Instagram Story), and 5:4 (Facebook Video).
After selecting an aspect ratio, choose the slideshow playback duration on the Image duration menu. Free users can create up to 10-second slideshows, although you can upgrade to the paid plan and enjoy more playback time.
Step 3: Apply befitting background audio.
Any slideshow isn't complete without background audio. Fortunately, this app lets you add background music from your local media library by clicking the Add audio button. After the audio track is uploaded successfully, trim it or adjust the volume level for the best results.
Step 4: Choose an output video format and create the video.
Last but not least, choose a target video format under the Output Format menu. Now go to the preview window and play the slideshow to see if the images and background audio meet the required standards. Finally, press Merge to start creating your funeral slideshow. That should take less than five seconds.
Note: After generating a memorial slideshow, Online UniConverter allows you to either download the file or edit it further to meet your requirements.
With Smilebox, you can create a video or photo slideshow for any event. Here, you'll get multiple slideshow designs for funerals, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and so on. In addition, users can upload an unlimited number of photos and customize them with background music from local storage or Smilebox's library. As expected, Smilebox allows you to retouch your funeral collage with emotional texts and captions. Plus, you can directly post the memorial slideshow on Instagram and Facebook for non-attendees to appreciate a life well-lived.
- It features multiple ready-made funeral slideshow designs.
- Customize slideshows with audio, text, and captions.
- Unlimited cloud storage to save your slideshows.
- Most features are locked in the $40 per year Premium plan.
Animoto is another popular video maker that can create an engaging slideshow in seconds. With it, you can create a 30-second slideshow for birthdays, weddings, funerals, milestones, and more. When creating a slideshow, you can personalize it with a piece of background music from the Animoto library or local storage. After making your creations, you can directly share them via text messages, email, and social media platforms.
- Super-simple to use.
- Excellent music library.
- Beautiful ready-made slideshow templates for any occasion.
- Limited free version.
Part 3. Bonus tips on funeral slideshow examples - 15 best songs
Lastly, let's list some fifteen songs to use on your funeral slideshow that can bring back memories.
1. I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan
This one is perfect if you're creating a slideshow for losing a grandparent or a parent. The song bears a touchy message of what parents would like to tell their kids.
2. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
In an ideal world, parents and grandparents are our greatest supporters in every situation. So, use this song on your memorial slideshow's background to emphasize this point.
3. If I Die Young - The Band Perry
Are you mourning a life cut too short? Use this sad, contemporary country song to express your disappointment.
4. Fly - Celine Dion
Celine Dion is undoubtedly a household name in the music industry. She dedicates this song to her late niece, who succumbed to cystic fibrosis.
5. A Mother's Prayer - Celine Dion
Here is another soothing song from this celebrated musician. This touching song talks about a mother's prayer that God will always care for humanity.
6. Smallest Wingless - Craig Cardiff
The pain of experiencing a stillbirth or a miscarriage for expectant parents can be unbearable. This song encapsulates the way happiness can quickly turn to sadness.
7. Someone You Love - Lewis Capaldi
Although this song is a little bit sad initially, it brings out a wave of emotions at the end. It's perfect for someone who has lost a spouse or a partner.
8. The Best I Ever Heard - Garry Allan
Garry Allan's voice has never been more emotional. Interestingly, he recorded this song in memory of his late wife.
9. So Long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen
This song by Cohen is indeed one of the saddest yet romantic on this list. Leonard Cohen wrote it in honor of his longtime girlfriend, who passed away.
10. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith
No one loves a situation where they wake up in the morning with an empty side of the bed. This sweet song beautifully conveys the message.
11. Ride - Cary Brothers
Have you lost a close friend who has always been there for you? This song perfectly sums up the situation.
12. Courtney's Song - James Blunt
When James Blunt lost his best friend, Carry Fisher, he decided to pick up a pen and paper to write this lovely lament song.
13. One Sweet Day - Boyz II Men ft. Mariah Carey
Expect some fireworks when two music legends meet in the studio. In this case, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men team up to evoke memories of heavenly reunion with our loved ones.
14. Little Boys Grow Up and Dogs Get Old - Luke Bryan
If you've lost a dog or a pet, for that matter, use this song alongside your collage slideshow. It talks about the happiness of seeing a pet grow and the sadness of losing one.
15. Goodbye My Friend - Linda Ronstadt
This song is about a lost dog and is written by one of the most decorated songwriters of recent times.
I'm now confident that you can start creating a DIY funeral slideshow from scratch. Just make sure the images and videos are of the highest quality, and the background song corresponds with the slideshow display. And above all, use one of the above online slideshow makers to create a touching memorial slideshow on any device.
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online