6 Workable Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Mac
How to Create a Slideshow on Mac
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 15,2021 15:51 pm
A slideshow is an orderly presentation of images or photos one after the other on a screen. The screen referred to here could be a projection screen or a device such as a computer, a phone, or tablet. The photos in a slideshow are usually connected by a transition or the other, each image staying on the screen for a pre-arranged duration. You can add background music, effects, texts, filters, stickers, and so on on a slideshow to give the video shows a general theme.
Do you wish to know how to create a slideshow on your Mac device? Then you should pay attention to the guidelines discussed in this article. You will be provided with the right slideshow makers for Mac, and you will be shown how to use them in making beautiful slideshows of your photos on Mac.
Making a slideshow on Mac begins with identifying the slideshow maker tools or apps to use, then learning how to use them efficiently. Below are the top 6 workable tools and methods we have compiled to assist you in creating a slideshow on your Mac device:
Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker is a tool that you use only online to create beautiful professional-looking slideshows of your favorite photos. It implies that you can only log on to the Wondershare Uniconverter site to use this tool as you do not need to download any app to create slideshow videos on your Mac. On this tool, you can edit the music you want on the slideshow; then change the duration of each photo to how long you want it on the screen.
How to Create A Slideshow with Music
The UniConverter Slideshow Maker has been embodied with unique features to make your editing experience enjoyable and effective:
- A free and easy-to-use tool for creating slideshows on Mac without any training on designing.
- Popular music formats can be added to the slideshow background, such formats include WAV, MP4, and MP3.
- Supports many file formats when exporting edited slideshows; file formats supported here include FLV, 3GP, WMV, MKV, WebM, MP4, MPG, MOV, etc.
- Intuitive interface for a better user experience.
- A unique feature for easy exporting to different social media pages based on their default aspect ratios.
- Photos get deleted after twenty-four hours of upload on the tool to secure the user's privacy.
Use these simple steps below to create slideshows on Mac with the Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker.
Step 1: Upload photos
Click on the button Choose Files” to add the photos you wish to use for the slideshow. You can as well drag and drop the images from your device media storage.
Step 2: Edit the photos
Edit your photos as you create the slideshow. Change the duration to suit your needs, add background music, and rearrange the photos in the order you want.
Step 3: Export the final video
Now you can export the final video to your Mac storage space or upload the slideshow straight to a page of your choice.
Photos app is an inbuilt slideshow app for Mac devices. It has an impressive interface that makes creating a photo slideshow an easy thing for even beginners. It has a great range of effects that you will find helpful as you edit the slideshow you start on the app. Also, you can add audio to the photos you have arranged for the slideshow on Photos.
Adhere to these steps to know how to create a slideshow on Mac using the Photos app:
- Launch Photos and add the pictures you want to use to create the slideshow. Next, click "File". and choose "Create". Select "Slideshow" and click the "Photos" option.
- Either create a New Slideshow” or add the photos to an already existing slideshow. Name the slideshow if it's new, then select "OK".
You can choose to adopt the default arrangement provided by the app or select the "Theme Picker" button to select a theme of your liking.
- Select "Music" to customize the sound to any music from your library or the default sounds provided on Photos.
- Adjust the duration of your slideshow using the Duration Settings” option.
- You can "Preview" in the Photos app window or Play to get a full view. Now select "Export" to save the work on your Mac.
Keynote is another slideshow maker app for Mac. It has a cloud-based and an iOS version. It is suitable for making professional slideshows with a significant number of editing tools. Keynote is accessible and specifically designed for Mac. It is user-friendly and PowerPoint-friendly. Make every slide of your video slideshow a spectacular beauty with Keynote using these steps:
- Launch the Keynote app to begin. Here, you can go to the theme chooser and select your theme, whether the 16:9 (wide) theme or the 4:3 (standard theme).
- The Keynote toolbar has three buttons on the navigation panel: "Zoom", "View", and "Add Slide". Each is easy to use depending on what you want as you edit the slideshow presentation.
- Other features to play around with are the "Keynote Live" and "Play" buttons. "Keynote Live" lets you do a live presentation to any Apple user who is connected to the internet from anywhere in the world, while the "Play" button enables you to play the slideshow generally. Meanwhile, you need to be connected to iCloud for Keynote Live to work.
- Another section contains tools like chart, shape, text, media (i.e., videos, images, and audio), table, and comment.
Users have noted some disadvantages of using Keynote such as its complexity, and the fact that this does not help with speed in getting the slideshow edited on time. It has a negative impact on user experience. The next set of slideshow makers are easier to use.
With QuickTime Player on Mac, you can create a movie or a time-lapse video using several images. The app lets you arrange your photos in a sequence to make a slideshow.
See how you can achieve this below:
- Open QuickTime Player on Mac and select "File".
- Click on "Image Sequence".
- Click the folder for image sequence in the Finder section. Select "Choose Media" and choose specific images you want to use from the folder.
- Edit the quality of the video. The image sequence has different quality options you can work with. Under "Resolution", you can choose the size of the slideshow frame. Note, however, that you may not find some frame sizes because of the video format you are using.
- You can also choose the number of fps, which is the frame per second.
- The encoding options are H.264, ProRes, and HEVC.
- Open the slideshow in a new window by selecting "Open".
Option Spacebar in Finder
Another easy method you can use to make a slideshow on Mac is the Option Spacebar in Finder. To use this option for the slideshow on Mac, go to Finder and follow these steps:
- Choose the specific images for the slideshow.
- Press the keys "Option" and "Spacebar" simultaneously on your keyboard. It will display your selected photos in a full-screen format of a slideshow.
- Take note of these editing features: the two vertical lines will stop the video from playing, the left arrow takes you to previous slides while the right arrow takes you to the next slide, view the photos as thumbnails using the four-square icon.
Preview in Finder
Did you know that the Preview tool built-in Mac devices can be used to create slideshows on Mac? Well, it is true. Using the Finder section of Mac, you can get Preview and make a slideshow on Mac.
- Go to "Finder" on Mac; select the photos for the slideshow.
- Right-click the photos, and from the menu that appears, click "Open".
- Preview will open all the photos. Now, you can select View” and start the slideshow, click "Slideshow".
- Move to the first photo slide using the first double-pointing arrow and the last photo slide with the arrow on the other end.
- Pause the slideshow playback with the two vertical bars. Meanwhile, if you want to close the project, you can tap on the cross icon.
You should know that the last three methods on how to create a slideshow on Mac, as discussed above, are easy to use. The issue with them is that they are limited in their functions, so you do not have variety when it comes to making slideshows with these tools.
In conclusion, it is easy to create a slideshow on Mac as long as you have the right slideshow maker for Mac. This article has successfully given you six significant ways you can make a slideshow on Mac without stress. The top two recommended methods are Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker and the Mac inbuilt Photos app. However, for the best experience and the best result, you could use the Online UniConverter tool. It has been tested and trusted, so you have no reason to be worried about its efficiency.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Proven Methods to Help Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Audio Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker | Easily Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers You Should Know
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Slideshow Apps for Instagram | Post a Photo Slideshow as You Wish
- Make the Best Funeral Slideshow: Tribute to a Loved One
- Quickest Way to Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- Top 10 Online Video Slideshow Maker for Free
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates as You Like
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Love
- Learn How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Any Watermark
- [3 Easy Ways] How to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- 3 Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Workable Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- How to Quickly Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Complete Guide on How to Make Slideshow on TikTok