6 Workable Methods on How to Make a Slideshow on Mac
How to Create a Slideshow on Mac
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 15,2021 15:51 pm
A slideshow is an orderly presentation of images or photos one after the other on a screen. The screen referred to here could be a projection screen or a device such as a computer, a phone, or tablet. The photos in a slideshow are usually connected by a transition or the other, each image staying on the screen for a pre-arranged duration. You can add background music, effects, texts, filters, stickers, and so on on a slideshow to give the video shows a general theme.
Do you wish to know how to create a slideshow on your Mac device? Then you should pay attention to the guidelines discussed in this article. You will be provided with the right slideshow makers for Mac, and you will be shown how to use them in making beautiful slideshows of your photos on Mac.
Making a slideshow on Mac begins with identifying the slideshow maker tools or apps to use, then learning how to use them efficiently. Below are the top 6 workable tools and methods we have compiled to assist you in creating a slideshow on your Mac device:
Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker is a tool that you use only online to create beautiful professional-looking slideshows of your favorite photos. It implies that you can only log on to the Wondershare Uniconverter site to use this tool as you do not need to download any app to create slideshow videos on your Mac. On this tool, you can edit the music you want on the slideshow; then change the duration of each photo to how long you want it on the screen.
How to Create A Slideshow with Music
The UniConverter Slideshow Maker has been embodied with unique features to make your editing experience enjoyable and effective:
- A free and easy-to-use tool for creating slideshows on Mac without any training on designing.
- Popular music formats can be added to the slideshow background, such formats include WAV, MP4, and MP3.
- Supports many file formats when exporting edited slideshows; file formats supported here include FLV, 3GP, WMV, MKV, WebM, MP4, MPG, MOV, etc.
- Intuitive interface for a better user experience.
- A unique feature for easy exporting to different social media pages based on their default aspect ratios.
- Photos get deleted after twenty-four hours of upload on the tool to secure the user's privacy.
Use these simple steps below to create slideshows on Mac with the Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker.
Step 1: Upload photos
Click on the button Choose Files” to add the photos you wish to use for the slideshow. You can as well drag and drop the images from your device media storage.
Step 2: Edit the photos
Edit your photos as you create the slideshow. Change the duration to suit your needs, add background music, and rearrange the photos in the order you want.
Step 3: Export the final video
Now you can export the final video to your Mac storage space or upload the slideshow straight to a page of your choice.
Photos app is an inbuilt slideshow app for Mac devices. It has an impressive interface that makes creating a photo slideshow an easy thing for even beginners. It has a great range of effects that you will find helpful as you edit the slideshow you start on the app. Also, you can add audio to the photos you have arranged for the slideshow on Photos.
Adhere to these steps to know how to create a slideshow on Mac using the Photos app:
- Launch Photos and add the pictures you want to use to create the slideshow. Next, click "File". and choose "Create". Select "Slideshow" and click the "Photos" option.
- Either create a New Slideshow” or add the photos to an already existing slideshow. Name the slideshow if it's new, then select "OK".
You can choose to adopt the default arrangement provided by the app or select the "Theme Picker" button to select a theme of your liking.
- Select "Music" to customize the sound to any music from your library or the default sounds provided on Photos.
- Adjust the duration of your slideshow using the Duration Settings” option.
- You can "Preview" in the Photos app window or Play to get a full view. Now select "Export" to save the work on your Mac.
Keynote is another slideshow maker app for Mac. It has a cloud-based and an iOS version. It is suitable for making professional slideshows with a significant number of editing tools. Keynote is accessible and specifically designed for Mac. It is user-friendly and PowerPoint-friendly. Make every slide of your video slideshow a spectacular beauty with Keynote using these steps:
- Launch the Keynote app to begin. Here, you can go to the theme chooser and select your theme, whether the 16:9 (wide) theme or the 4:3 (standard theme).
- The Keynote toolbar has three buttons on the navigation panel: "Zoom", "View", and "Add Slide". Each is easy to use depending on what you want as you edit the slideshow presentation.
- Other features to play around with are the "Keynote Live" and "Play" buttons. "Keynote Live" lets you do a live presentation to any Apple user who is connected to the internet from anywhere in the world, while the "Play" button enables you to play the slideshow generally. Meanwhile, you need to be connected to iCloud for Keynote Live to work.
- Another section contains tools like chart, shape, text, media (i.e., videos, images, and audio), table, and comment.
Users have noted some disadvantages of using Keynote such as its complexity, and the fact that this does not help with speed in getting the slideshow edited on time. It has a negative impact on user experience. The next set of slideshow makers are easier to use.
With QuickTime Player on Mac, you can create a movie or a time-lapse video using several images. The app lets you arrange your photos in a sequence to make a slideshow.
See how you can achieve this below:
- Open QuickTime Player on Mac and select "File".
- Click on "Image Sequence".
- Click the folder for image sequence in the Finder section. Select "Choose Media" and choose specific images you want to use from the folder.
- Edit the quality of the video. The image sequence has different quality options you can work with. Under "Resolution", you can choose the size of the slideshow frame. Note, however, that you may not find some frame sizes because of the video format you are using.
- You can also choose the number of fps, which is the frame per second.
- The encoding options are H.264, ProRes, and HEVC.
- Open the slideshow in a new window by selecting "Open".
Option Spacebar in Finder
Another easy method you can use to make a slideshow on Mac is the Option Spacebar in Finder. To use this option for the slideshow on Mac, go to Finder and follow these steps:
- Choose the specific images for the slideshow.
- Press the keys "Option" and "Spacebar" simultaneously on your keyboard. It will display your selected photos in a full-screen format of a slideshow.
- Take note of these editing features: the two vertical lines will stop the video from playing, the left arrow takes you to previous slides while the right arrow takes you to the next slide, view the photos as thumbnails using the four-square icon.
Preview in Finder
Did you know that the Preview tool built-in Mac devices can be used to create slideshows on Mac? Well, it is true. Using the Finder section of Mac, you can get Preview and make a slideshow on Mac.
- Go to "Finder" on Mac; select the photos for the slideshow.
- Right-click the photos, and from the menu that appears, click "Open".
- Preview will open all the photos. Now, you can select View” and start the slideshow, click "Slideshow".
- Move to the first photo slide using the first double-pointing arrow and the last photo slide with the arrow on the other end.
- Pause the slideshow playback with the two vertical bars. Meanwhile, if you want to close the project, you can tap on the cross icon.
You should know that the last three methods on how to create a slideshow on Mac, as discussed above, are easy to use. The issue with them is that they are limited in their functions, so you do not have variety when it comes to making slideshows with these tools.
In conclusion, it is easy to create a slideshow on Mac as long as you have the right slideshow maker for Mac. This article has successfully given you six significant ways you can make a slideshow on Mac without stress. The top two recommended methods are Online UniConverter Slideshow Maker and the Mac inbuilt Photos app. However, for the best experience and the best result, you could use the Online UniConverter tool. It has been tested and trusted, so you have no reason to be worried about its efficiency.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add audio to video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online