How to Record Audio from Windows and Mac Online Free
Record Audio from Windows and Mac
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 16,2020 21:32 pm
Today, most desktops and mobile devices feature an inbuilt microphone to help you record audio from computer easily. With this critical feature, you don’t need to connect an external microphone to record sounds. So in this post, we’ll be looking at how to record computer audio directly. Note, however, that the third option requires you to download the capable Wondershare UniConverter app.
Part 1. How to Record Audio from Windows Easily
Windows is undoubtedly the most popular computer OS. It’s sleek, efficient, and of course, has lots of hidden features, including the built-in microphone. Although you might need to use a third-party app to record and edit audios on PC professionally, you can also use the Voice Recorder feature to get the job done. So, without much time-wasting, let’s learn how to record audio from computer Windows 10 easily.
Step 1: The first and most important thing to do is to test your microphone. To do that, click Start, choose the Settings icon, tap System, and then click Sound. Now select your mic under the Choose your input device option. Next, speak to your mic and see if it’s working.
Step 2: Go back to the Start menu and enter Voice Recorder in the search box. You’ll see a microphone-like app which you’ll open.
Step 3: On the pop-up window, tap Yes to allow the app to access your inbuilt microphone.
Step 4: Finally, tap the blue microphone icon to begin recording. You can now start recording sounds. To stop recording, simply click the Stop button.
Part 2. How to Record Audio from Mac
Now let’s learn how to record audio from computer Mac easily. In this case, you will need to use the QuickTime Player. Here’s how to go about it:
Step 1: Launch the QuickTime Player, click the File, and then choose New Audio Recording.
Step 2: Now hit the Options menu and then choose either the Microphone or Quality options. However, the Quality option will give your large, uncompressed files.
Step 3: Next, adjust the volume bar to hear what you’re recording.
Step 4: Hit the Record icon to begin recording and click the Stop when you’re done. You can even pause recording by option-clicking the Record button.
Step 5: Lastly, tap the File tab and then click the Save option to name and export your audio recording.
Part 3. Easiest Way to Record Audio from Windows and Mac
Although the Windows Voice Recorder and Apple QuickTime Player are free options, they are device-specific. That is, you’ll need to have their respective devices to use these options. Luckily, you can use the Wondershare UniConverter to record audio files on both platforms. This downloadable app is lightweight and straightforward to understand. With it, you can record streaming videos, live video calls, and even external sounds. And after recording your video, Wondershare UniConverter allows you to export the sound recording in any audio format of your choice.
Now apply these detailed steps to record voices using Wondershare Voice Recorder:
Step 1: Launch the App
After downloading and installing Wondershare Screen Recorder successfully, launch it, and then open the Toolbox tab before selecting the Screen Recorder .
Step 2: Optimize Your Recording Settings
- On the Screen Recorder tool, you can crop the capture area by clicking the Capture Area section. This feature can come in handy, especially if you want to record live video calls or files from YouTube and other video streaming platforms.
- You can also click the settings icon below the red REC button to customize your recording by changing the frame rate, destination path, shortcut keys, and mouse settings. You can undo the changes by merely clicking the Reset .
Step 3: Start Recording
If you’re satisfied with the customizations, click the REC button to begin capturing the screen. You’ll have a 5-second countdown before you start recording your desktop screen. Also, hit the Stop button to finish recording your screen. Wondershare UniConverter will automatically save it in the specified destination path.
Note: You can convert your video recording to any audio format using this app. You can transcode video to MP3, M4R (iPhone), OGG, AU, M4A, and many more. Just click the Convert tab, and the rest is a cakewalk.
I hope that you can now record audio from computer quickly and professionally. Although Wondershare UniConverter will record your sounds in video format, you can still use it to convert and edit your recordings accordingly. Overall, it’s the best option among the trio.
- Top 10 Free Screen Recorder in 2020
- How to Screen Record on Windows
- Top 8 Screen Recorders for Windows 10
- 5 Best Screen Recorders for Android
- How to Use OBS Screen Recorder
- Top 5 Screen Recorders for iPhone
- Best 9 Recording Studio Equipment You Can Explore Right Here
- The 10 Best Voice Recorders of 2020 Recommended
- How to Record Audio from Windows and Mac Online Free
- How to Record PC Gameplay
- How to Screen Record on Xbox One
- How to Record Gameplay on PS4
- Best Way to Record Skype Video Calls
- 20 Best Free Screen Capture Apps for PC
- Best Video Recorders for PC in 2020 You Should Know
- 15 Best Video Screen Capture Software on Win & Mac
- How to Record Audio on Mac with Easy Ways
- Top 20 Audio Recorder for Any Devices
- 5 Methods to Screen Capture Mac: How to Screen Capture with Mac
- Live Screen Record: Record Live Stream Easily
- How to Record Screen on Powerpoint
- Popular Screen Recorders for Firefox in 2020
- 12 Best Screen Recorder for Linux
- Xbox Screen Recorder: How to Record Xbox One Gameplay
- How to Capture Streaming Videos Perfectly
- 11 Popular Gaming Screen Recorder for YouTube
- Perfect Screen Recorder to Capture Video from YouTube
- How to Record Audio/Sound From Youtube Easily
- How to Screen Record on Mac with Audio and Sound
- The Best Screen Recorder for PUBG on iOS and Android
- How to Screen Record on Samsung for S8/S9/S10 and Note 8/9
- How to Record the Screen on Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
- Top 10 Android Screen Record Apps You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Call Recorder App for Free
- How to Record Facetime Call on Mac and iPhone
- How to Record Facebook Live Video Effective: Online Streaming Videos
- Windows Audio Recorder – 10 Best Audio Recording Software for Windows
- 12 Methods to Video Capture on Windows 10/8/7
- Top 5 Free Screen Recorder for Chromebook
- How to Screen Record on Mac in 5 Ways?
- 6 Best Free Music Recording Software
- Best Screen Capture Windows 10/8/7
- 12 Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10/8/7
- Best Game Recorder for Windows and Mac-You Should Know
- Top 7 Screen Capture for Google Chrome You Should Know
- Best 10 Screen Recorder for Chrome for Free
- How to Screen Record on Oppo
- How to Record Screen on Huawei
- Best Record WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone and Android
- How to Record Google Hangouts Calls
- How to Record a Webinar for Free and Affectivity