Three Ways to Convert VHS to DVD
Convert VHS to DVD
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 10:46 am
If you still have unconverted VHS tapes then it is high time to get them converted to a DVD or a digital format as with time these tapes deteriorate and can face physical damage as well. So now when you want to convert VHS to DVD, you should also be aware of the possible solutions and we are here to help you with the same. Below listed are poplar ways to transfer VHS to DVD.
Method 1. Copy VHS to DVD using a VCR and DVD Recorders
If you already have a VCR or can get from your friend then buying a DVD recorder can help you to convert VHS tapes to DVD. The method requires you to connect the VCR to a DVD recorder using RCA cables and then the tapes which are played on the VCR can be converted to a DVD using the DVD Recorder. Though this is a simple and quick method, it does not give you an option to select menus, chapters, buttons, and other disc options.
DVD recorders from several companies are available and some of the popular ones are Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder, Magnavox MDR865H HD DVR/DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, and others.
Method 2. Record VHS to DVD using VCR/DVD Recording Combo
This is another method where a combo having a VCR and a DVD recorder in a single unit can be used. These combo units can be purchased online or from a local store and the functioning is almost the same as the above method. The process is simple and hassle-free as no device connection is required. You simply need to insert and play the VHS tape in one section while inserting a blank DVD into the other. As the tape is played in one section, it is simultaneously recorded to the DVD in the other section. A lot of these combo units also come with cross-dubbing function.
Some of the popular combo units available in the market are Sony SLVD360P DVD / VCR Combo, Magnavox MWD2205 DVD / VCR / CD / VHS Player, Emerson EWD2203 DVD Player/VCR Video Cassette Tape Recorder Combo and others.
Method 3. Using VHS to DVD Service
If the tapes to be converted are few in number then you can even opt for the retail services by various companies that will prevent you from buying any additional device and hassle of converting it on your own. Some of the major service providers in this field are Wallmart, Costco, Walgreen, and others. You simply need to drop your VHS tapes to their store or courier them with details and then converted DVD will be delivered right to your doorstep. These professional service providers charge based on hours of video footage and the DVDs required. They can even customize your DVDs as per your requirements. Additional features are also offered by them like getting your videos in digital format, cloud storage of your files, multiple DVDs, and others. You can choose from the packages available with these service providers.
Thus above listed are the commonly used methods to convert video tape to DVD. Though the retail service provider is a hassle-free solution but not a cost-effective one if you have multiple tapes with several hours of video footage. You can use a DVD recorder and a combo unit to cost-effectively convert your tapes on your own. The created DVDs can be further converted to digital formats using professional software and Wondershare UniConverter is a good one to consider. This program can be quickly installed on your Windows or Mac system and allows converting DVDs to almost all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, M4V, and many others. Video editing for customization is also supported by the software.
- 10 Best Thumbnail for YouTube
- 10 Best Thumbnail Maker
- 10000+ YouTube Background Image for You
- 12 Must-Have Thumbnail Maker
- 25 Awesome YouTube Thumbnail Fonts
- 3 Best VHS to Digital Conversion Tools
- 3 Easy Ways to Convert M4B to MP3 Online Free
- 6 Solutions to Edit Thumbnail YouTube Easily
- 7 Best YouTube Thumbnail Template You Can't-Miss
- 7 Methods to Get YouTube Thumbnail
- AAX to MP3 Online: How to Convert Audible to MP3 Free
- Amazing Guide to Create Thumbnail for YouTube
- Best Free Video Converter
- Choose An Online Video Converter Based On Your Needs
- Does Walmart Convert VHS to DVD
- Easy Ways to Make a Thumbnail for YouTube
- HandBrake Review: A Simple & Useful Video Converter That Could Have Been Better!
- How do I Transfer Video Tapes to USB
- How to Add Music to Windows Media Player
- How to Compress Video with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- How to Convert 8mm and Hi8 Camcorder Tapes Digital
- How to Convert AAX to MP3 Free and Quickly
- How to Convert CDA to MP3 Online and Free
- How to Convert Facebook Video to MP3 Easily
- How to Convert Old Videos and Home Movies to Digital Format
- How to Convert WAV to Video for YouTube Online
- How to Use VLC Convert MKV to MP4 Easily
- iTunes Convert to MP3: How to Convert iTunes Music to MP3
- Online Thumbnail Download
- Recommended 10 Free Thumbnail Grabbers
- Three Ways to Convert VHS to DVD
- Thumbnail for YouTube-Amazing Things
- Top 10 Best Thumbnail YouTube Online Tools
- Top 12 Free Easy YouTube Thumbnail Generator
- Top 3 Online Video Converters
- Top 3 Solutions to Convert Mini DV to DVD
- Top 3 WebM Video Players for Windows You Should Know
- Top 4 Tips to Inspire Your YouTube Thumbnail Design Ideas
- Top 5 Online MP4 Converters
- Top3 VOC to MP3 Converter You Should Know