6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
How to Add Caption to Videos
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:15 pm
Why Should We Add Captions to a Video?
Your videos are likely to reach a broad audience that comprises people that hear correctly and others with hearing problems. If you would like to pass your message to all the viewers, you will need to incorporate captions to your videos. Captions are the text versions of the spoken words and any other sounds from music and in the background. You are free to use open or closed captions. Closed captions are removable, while the open captions stick with the video, and viewers cannot turn them off.
Part 1. How to Add Captions to Videos for Accessibility in UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is not the usual tool that handles videos like other available applications. Instead, it is a unique and all-in-one solution that conducts diverse functions on your videos. This includes downloading them online, converting to other formats editing, compressing, and adding captions for accessibility. Therefore, UniConverter enables you to pass your video’s message to every interested party, including the deaf people. This software is flexible and easy to work with since its procedures include very few and clear steps.
Add Captions to a Video Guideline
Since Wondershare UniConverter is great at editing, you can learn how to add captions to videos fast. Use the following steps on how to put captions on a video to achieve this goal.
Step 1. Upload Video and then Choose the Subtitle Tab
After opening and running Wondershare UniConverter on your system, proceed to upload the video requiring captions. You may click on +Add Files to import the file or drag the video and drop it in the interface.
After uploading, select the Effect or Crop editing icon under it. This will prompt a pop-up window where you can select the Subtitle function.
Step 2. Add the Caption to the Video
You may add the caption saved in your system by selecting the Subtitle function. The search icon can also help you look for other options online. Ensure that you choose your preferred color, font, outline color, type, and size from the available options. You may also choose the position and transparency of the caption and confirm the settings using the OK option.
Step 3. Choose Output Format and Process
If you wish to have a different format for the output, go to the Output Format function and select from the options in the drop-down menu. To choose where to save the processed file, go to the File Location tab, and choose the desktop location. The file should now be ready for processing, so click on Start All function to process.
Wondershare UniConverter is the most appropriate software to use on how to add captions to videos. It not only makes the process fast but also ensures each step is clear and understandable without complexities.
Part 2. Other 5 Software for Add Captions to Video
Filmora is a useful video editor from Wondershare, which can edit your professional and personal videos. It makes how to add captions to videos easy and thus enables you to express yourself.
- Easy to do the video creation. It has a clear interface.
- Handy video editing software to edit relatively complex video.
Platform Supports: Windows (7,8,10) and Mac
The NCH Software is a video application that edits and converts videos through VideoPad and Prism. If you want to know how to put captions on a video, this is among the reliable sources.
- It supports video recording.
- It has video conversion and editing features.
Platform Supports: Windows and Mac
VideoProc works for anybody that wishes to edit videos and produce polished videos. It is quick and flexible and hence, will make the process of how to add captions to videos quite enjoyable.
- Downloads videos from multiple websites
- Edits videos by cropping, trimming, compressing and adding captions
Platform Supports: Mac and Windows
Pinnacle is a powerful and creative software for video editing that enables you to produce like a professional. It also allows you to share your videos online as soon as they are ready.
- Video capturing and screen recording
- Video editing to add captions and convert VHS to DVD
Platform Supports: Windows only
Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter specializes in adding captions and subtitles to videos. So, if you desire to learn how to put captions on a video, this software will deliver as expected.
- Downloads videos and audio easily.
- One of the best movie makers.
Platform Supports: Windows 7, 8, and 10
Part 3. Further Information: The Difference Between Closed Captions and Subtitles
Closed captions assume that the audience cannot hear the audio from a video, and hence are a supplement for dialogue and soundtrack parts like a phone ringing and background noises. On the other hand, subtitles assume the audience can hear and so provide text alternatives for characters’ spoken words as well as narrators and various vocal participants. Therefore, closed captions cater to persons with hearing impairment effectively. Subtitles are best used in language translation, especially in videos that use more than one language.
The above 6 software will help you with how to put captions on a video. However, Wondershare UniConverter should be your number one choice since it comes with multiple benefits like the high-quality output. The other 5 can serve as alternatives. The process of how to add captions to videos with UniConverter is concise and easy to understand. Therefore, you can repeat the process later with other videos and acquire results quite fast.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing