How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
How to Put Subtitles on MP4 File
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:07 pm
Subtitles play a significant role in a better understanding of the videos, especially in a foreign language. Moreover, these captions are useful for people with hearing difficulties. There are majorly two types of subtitles- soft and hard. The previous ones are the temporary ones that can be removed or edited, while the hard subtitles are the permanent ones that cannot be removed from the videos. If you have MP4 videos to which you wish to add the subtitles permanently, we are here to help you with the best solutions.
Part 1. How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File in 4(or 5) Easy Steps – Wondershare UniConverter
Using the right software allows adding subtitles to MP4 and other videos in a simple, quick manner, and we suggest Wondershare UniConverter for the same. This excellent video-toolbox supports almost all video formats like MP4, AVI, M4V, MKV, and others for the processing. The video editor of the software allows adding an image as well as text subtitles to your video files. The text captions can also be edited to choose their font, size, type, placement on the video, and also the transparency. In addition to the locally saved subtitles, you can also search for them online. Wondershare UniConverter works seamlessly on all the latest versions of the Windows and Mac system.
Steps on How to Put Subtitles on MP4 using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1. Add MP4 Video to Wondershare UniConverter
Launch the installed software on your PC and to browse and load the local MP4 video, click on the +Add Files button from the Convert section. You can also drag and drop the files.
Step 2. Choose to Add Subtitles Feature
On the interface, the added file with a thumbnail image will appear. Under the picture, the editing icons for Trim, Crop, and Effect are present. Click on the Crop or the Effect icon, and a new pop-up window will open from where choose the Subtitle tab.
Step 3. Add and Edit the Subtitle to MP4
At the subtitle section, click on the … icon to browse and load the locally saved subtitle file. Clicking on the search icon will help to look for the captions online.
The font type, size, outline color, outline width, style, transparency, and position can be selected from the available options. Clicking on the OK button will confirm the settings.
Step 4. Convert and Process the Add Subtitle Permanently
Choose the output format at the bottom. The File Location tab helps to select the desktop location to save the processed file. Finally, hit on the Start All button to embed subtitles in MP4.
Part 2. How to Add Subtitles to MP4 in Filmora
To add subtitles to MP4 and other video files in a hassle-free and professional manner, Wondershare Filmora is another excellent tool to use. This is a Windows and Mac-based editing tool that comes packed with several features. The program supports almost all video formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, VOB, and others. Subtitles can be added along with other features with minimal effect. You can also enhance your videos with more than 800 amazing facts.
Pros of Using the Software:
- Works as a complete video editor with several features.
- Supports all popularly used video formats.
- Subtitles can be added in a few simple steps.
- Works with Windows and Mac system.
Steps on How to Add Subtitles to an MP4 using Wondershare Filmora
Step 1. Add the MP4 Video to the Software
Run the Filmora9 software on your PC, and from the main interface, click on the New Project to create a new project. Next, hit on the Import button to add the MP4 video from your system. You can also drag and drop the files to the media library window of the tool.
If multiple files are added, you can merge them into a single file by dragging and dropping them to the Video track.
Step 2. Choose Subtitles and Edit Them
Next, move to the Titles tab and then select the title template that you wish to apply to your video and click on the Apply button. It will appear as a T icon that can be moved at any desired place on the video file.
Next, double-clicking on the T icon will open the editing area from where the text, its font, color, style, and other parameters can be selected. More customization can be done using the Advanced button.
Step 3. Add Subs to MP4
When subtitles are finally selected, choose the frame rate, resolution, desktop location, and the file name to save the file. Output format or devices can also be selected as needed. Finally, hit on the EXPORT button to start with the process.
Part 3. Add Subtitles to MP4 Video File Online Free
Adding subtitles to your MP4 files without installing any third-party software can be done using an excellent online program. There are several browser-based tools available to help you get the task done, and below listed are the top ones in the category.
- Allows selecting the timeline of the video.
- Subtitles text editing options like changing the font, size, color, and others available.
- Allows adding videos through local file as well as online ones using a URL.
- Multiple options to add subtitles which includes auto-generate, local as well as SRT files along with text editing features.
- Option to add auto subtitles, manual subtitles, or upload subtitle file.
- Multiple subtitles style available along with option to change its parameters like size, font, and others.
You can add subtitles to MP4 online or using a desktop-based professional tool depending on the number of videos and the editing features required. Wondershare UniConverter is a great video tool that in addition to adding subtitles, helps in performing other tasks as well as video conversion between 1000 formats, video download, transfer, DVD burning, and many others.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing