Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
How to Add Subtitles to a Video
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:14 pm
What is Subtitles Used For?
The subtitle is a piece of necessary text information that comes with the video files and helps users to understand the talks in the video. The subtitles of the audio and video files are handy in many cases. We will appreciate the use of subtitles with three examples:
Good for Deaf People: Everyone likes to watch movies and videos, and even deaf people also like to watch the videos. Due to their disability, they can’t hear the voice of video, and in that case, subtitles are perfect for them. Just by using subtitles of the movies, they can efficiently complete their movies by reading the subtitles without getting help from any other person.
In the Case of Language: Subtitles of videos are very helpful for the people who like to watch movies from different countries, but they can’t understand the language. Subtitles help you a lot when you are viewing any video other than your native language. For example, you are from china and want to watch a Hollywood movie, and then you can download the Chinese subtitles of that movie and understand the movie language by reading the subtitles.
Explanation Videos: If you are a YouTuber and regularly upload how-to videos on YouTube, then you can help your viewers a lot just by adding the subtitles in your video. For the how-to videos usually, you tell step by step process to the users, and in that case, if you write subtitles about every step under the video, then your viewers can easily understand the steps you are telling in the video.
Part 1. How to Add Subtitles to Video or Movie with Wondershare UniConverter for Free
To add subtitle to video, the Wondershare UniConverter is the best subtitle for videos program, which comes with the powerful subtitle adding options. You cannot use it to add subtitles to video, but also, there is a bundle of features offers which solve mostly all kinds of problems related to the multimedia files. You can create subtitles for video, download video, record video or music, transfer the video to the Android and iOS devices or burn the video and audio files to the DVD or CDs. Another thing is it is the most accessible software to use if you are looking to how to add subtitles to a video.
Why Most People Like to Use UniConverter?
Wondershare UniConverter is the most robust video subtitle editor program that comes for the windows and Mac both types of operating systems. This adds subtitle to movie software allow you to download the subtitles automatically from the opensubtitles.org website, and then you can add subtitles to the movie by browsing the subtitle file from a computer. If you are looking for subtitles for video software and you are not a technical person, then the Wondershare UniConverter is the best program for you because it offers you the most accessible to use interface. Another thing is that this is not just a simple video subtitle updater program but also comes with a powerful video downloader, recorder, converter, transfer, and burn disk features. You can also fix the media metadata, create GIFs from videos or photos, record screen, compress videos, cast to TV, rip CD, burn CD, convert video to VR using the toolbox of the Wondershare UniConverter.
How to Add Subtitles to a Video in UniConverter?
Step 1. Download and Launch the Software
To attach subtitle to video first, download the software from the official website and then install it by following the instructions on the screen. Now run the program and then big size + button. Alternatively, you can also use the Add Files button at the top left side, or you can directly drag & drop videos. Using this button, you can browse the video for which you want to attach subtitles to the video after selecting the file click on the Open button.
Step 2. Open Subtitle Menu
Now the video will be added to the UniConverter interface to put a subtitle on video. Now, look under the thumbnail icon of the attached video, and there you will find three options. From here, click on the three lines icon, and then a new popup will open on your screen. In this popup, click the Subtitle tab.
Step 3. Open Subtitle Browsing Window
Now, if you don’t have downloaded subtitles for the target video, then click on the Search icon, and you will be redirected to the opensubtitles.org website. Download the subtitles from the site, and then in the Wondershare UniConverter, click on the three dots next to the subtitle label and hit the Add button.
Step 4. Select Subtitles
Now using the browsing windows, select the folder where your subtitles are available and then select the subtitle file and click the Open button.
Step 5. Add Subtitles
Once the file is selected, click on the Ok button to add subtitles to the movie.
Step 6. Add Subtitle to Video Permanently
Finally, after adding the subtitle file, click on the Convert button, and then the subtitles for video software will add subtitles to the movie permanently. This is how to add subtitles to a film using the subtitles for video software.
Try Wondershare UniConverter now for free download.
Part 2. Add Subtitles to a Video using Pinnacle Software
- This is also the best way to put subtitles on a video without making much effort.
- It allows you to do advanced editing for your video files.
- It offers you more than 2000 effects to add with the videos.
- You can also do 360-degree video editing using this program.
- It offers you a free version to try to software to permanently add subtitles to video.
- This put subtitles on video program also offer you to edit the videos.
Part 3. 5 Best Online Utility to Add Subtitles to Video Free
Kapwing is an online website that allows you to add subtitles to video online without any software installation on the computer. This website can solve the problem of how to add subtitles to a movie online without any installation, and there are several other tools offered for free. It allows you to edit video, add audio to video, trim, resize, loop, for video and make many other changes to your videos. There are over 20 different types of tools available on the website, which allows you to make all the changes to videos as per your need.
- The website supports online operations only, so you need to have a stable internet connection to use its features.
- You can’t get the original quality video after conversion.
Pixiko is another website that enables you to permanently add subtitles to video without doing any installation on the computer. This website allows you to browse the videos from the computer hard drive directly, and then you can choose the add text button to add subtitles to the uploaded video. Finally, you can add the subtitles using the add button. This website is most comfortable to use; you can add any text to the videos.
- It only supports adding text with the keyboard.
- The website speed is slow.
Veed website is also an online video subtitle editor website where you can upload videos from the system and add subtitles to them. This website has several paid plans according to your requirements, but you can try the free version first without paying anything. It offers you several other tools such as crop, edit, caption, removes audio, Instagram template, slow motion video, draw on video, etc. You can use any tool of your choice and make your video more demanding using the website.
- The website is not free, and the paid plans are very costly.
- You can only update the subtitles manually.
Voice2V is the added subtitle to video free websites to add subtitles to the videos without spending anything. It is not just a simple subtitle adding website but also offers you many other options to make your videos beautiful. Using this online site, you can make a collage, add a logo to the video, add music to video, convert images to video, and convert audio to video without any software installation.
- Voice2V is slightly hard to use.
- It has so many limitations on the website while using an online version.
Nikse is a perfect website to add subtitles to movies online. This website allows users to upload the video from the URL or the system hard drive. You can also upload the subtitle from the system hard drive and then add it to the uploaded video. This facility of the website makes it different from the others, which are usually not available in other sites.
- It only supports operations related to the subtitles.
- You can’t do any video editing using this website.
This is all about how do you add subtitles to a movie using the different ways and programs. You can apply online websites or the desktop according to your suitability. There are several other programs also available over the internet which can update the subtitles of your videos. As per our research about the add subtitles to movie permanently desktop programs, we have selected the Wondershare UniConverter as the best one. The reason behind choosing the program is that this is not just a subtitle updater but also offers you to download, record, convert, transfer, and burn the video or audio files.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- TikTok Ideas