How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
How to Increase Video Resolution
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:07 pm
There are several situations when you would need to change the resolution of your video files. For instance, while uploading a video from the computer to your smartphone, or while posting a video to an online site, the resolution needs to be decreased. Similarly, if you try burning a video file to a DVD, the decision of the file needs to be increased as disc supports a higher resolution file. Thus to change the resolution of your videos, you need to take the help of the related tools and programs. To help you, we have shortlisted the best tools to change the video file resolution.
Part 1. How to Improve Video Quality Offline Free- Wondershare UniConverter
To help you increase and improve video resolution in a hassle-free manner, Wondershare UniConverter works as an excellent software. This offline program can be easily installed on your Windows or Mac system and supports almost video formats. No matter whether you want to upload your videos to a smartphone or other devices, share it on social media, or burn it to a DVD, Wondershare UniConverter allows editing its resolution as well as other parameters in a few quick steps. Additionally, several pre-defined formats with the resolution are also supported by the tool for the immediate conversion and resolution change. Other supported features of the device include video conversion, transfer, editing, disc burning, download, and others.
Steps on How to Change Video Resolution using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1. Load the Video Files to the UniConverter Software
Download, install and run the Wondershare UniConverter software on your PC. On the Convert tab click on the +Add Files button to browse and load the videos for which resolution needs to be changed.
Thumbnail with file data including resolution can be seen on the interface for the added files.
Step 2. Change the Video Resolution
Click on the Setting button, then choose the Video tab and select your output format. After that, click on the Edit icon and a new pop-up window will appear. Find Resolution, select your desired value and click on the Create button to confirm.
Alternatively, you can also click on the Compress icon below the Setting icon, and you will see another window pop up to set your preferred output size including resolution.
Step 3. Change the Video Resolution in batch
To change the resolution of all the added files in batch, find Output Format option at the bottom of the interface, click on the down-facing arrow next to it and you can edit the resolution value in the popping-up window.
If you are looking for a solution on how to lower the resolution of a video, the above steps can be used.
Part 2. Change Video Quality/Resolution Online Free Tool
Free tools are a great way to edit your files without installing or registering any software. So if you are looking for a simple and freeway on how to change a resolution of a video, below listed tools will work great.
This is one of the popularly used online tools that support basic video editing features, including change in resolution. Earlier known as Media.io, the program works straight from the browser-window and supports basic video formats like MP4, MOV, WMV, and others. You can choose to keep the resolution as the source file or select from the available options. Change in the file size and format is also supported.
Steps on How to Change a Video Resolution using Online UniConverter
Step 1. On your PC browser window, open https://www.media.io/video-compressor.html. Click on the + button to browse and add the video file from the system. You can also drag and drop the file.
Step 2. After the file is added, choose the desired resolution from the drop-down menu. You can also select the file size and the format.
Step 3. Click on the COMPRESS button to start the file processing.
After compressing, the processed files can be downloaded to your PC.
Online Video Converter
Using this online tool, local as well as online files, can be added to the program interface. The tool also has an option to record the video for processing. Supported video formats include MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, M4V, and others. The program is compatible with all modern browsers, and there are no restrictions on the number of files that can be processed. You can change the output format of the video and also resolution as needed. Processed files can be downloaded from the program interface.
Steps to Change Video Resolution Online using Online Video Converter
Step 1. Launch https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/ on your PC window. Add the local or the online video using a URL.
Step 2. The program will upload the added file to the interface. Next, choose the output format and then click on the More Settings option and here you can choose the resolution from the Video Quality section.
Step 3. Click on the START button to initiate the process.
Using Clideo, video on URL, local system, Google Drive, and Dropbox can be added to the program interface for the process. The program has predefined settings related to resolution and size, depending on which social media network you want to upload the video. Thus using this online tool, you can resize the video for social network, and there are no options for any manual changes.
Steps to Change Resolution using Clideo
Step 1. Run https://clideo.com/resize-video on your PC. Click on the Choose file button to load the desired file from the local system or the cloud storage.
Step 2. After the file is loaded, choose the social media network for which you wish to resize your file. You can see that resolution at the bottom-left corner changes with each site.
Step 3. Click on the Resize button to start the file processing.
With support to MP4, AVI, MOV, and many other formats, this is simple and free to use online tool for changing file resolution and other tasks. Multiple file resolution options are supported by the tool. Under the advanced settings, you can also change the file to a 4K quality and edit its bit rate, and other parameters. The files once added, are automatically processed by the program.
Steps on How to Fix Video Resolution using HD Converter
Step 1. On your PC open https://hdconvert.com/. Click on the Convert Now button.
Step 2. Under the Basic Settings tab, choose the output file quality and the resolution needed. The Advanced Settings window can be used for editing bit rate and other file parameters.
Step 3. Next click on the +Browse files button to browse and load the video from your PC.
Step 4. The tool will start uploading and processing the file after which it can be downloaded to your system.
Part 3. More Information about Video Resolution
a. What is Video Resolution?
In the simplest terms, video resolution or a display resolution means the quantity or the numbers of the pixels that each dimension is capable of displaying. The resolution of a video file is defined in width X height. For example, a file with 852 X 480 resolutions denoted 852 as the width and 480 as the height. Commonly there are two main types of video resolution that include Standard Definition (640 X 360, 640 X 480, 720 X 480m 720 X 576 are the common resolution used) and High Definition (1280 X 720, 1920 X 1080 are commonly used). The higher is the value of the resolution, the sharper will be the video file, and also the size of the file will be large.
b. How is Video Resolution Differ from Video Compression?
Video resolution and video compression are different things but still related. Video compression is the process of reducing the data from the video to reduce its file size. When the file size becomes challenging to store or share, file compression needs to be done by changing its size, resolution, and other file parameters. With the latest technology, compression can be achieved by removing the unwanted data so that there is no loss in video quality.
c. What Do the 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 2K, 4K Resolutions Mean?
Commonly, the video resolution is defined in short form by their numbers like 720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K, and others. These numbers denote the horizontal line present on display. The introduction of the commonly used names in resolution is enlisted below.
720p: This is commonly known as HD or HD ready resolution and stands for 1280 X 720 pixels. Majority of the TV channels broadcast their videos at this resolution.
1080p: This is known as Full HD or True HD resolution and stands for 1920 X 1080 pixels. The resolution offers a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9.
1440p: It is commonly termed as QHD or Quad HD resolution and mainly found on high-end mobile phones and gaming monitors. This resolution is 4 times that of HD or HD ready.
2K: This resolution value is majorly used by the projector and comes with 2048 X unspecified value.
4K: Known as UHD, Ultra HD resolution, and 4K, it denotes 3840 X 2160 value. This type of resolution is mainly found on high quality and premium TV sets and PC monitors. The name 4K comes from the fact that the resolution width is almost close to 4000 pixels, and it also offers 4 times value to Full HD videos.
So to deal with your situation on how can I change the resolution of a video, we have above listed various online and desktop tools that can be used. For basic settings of a few files, online programs can be used, but for professional and high-quality processing, install Wondershare UniConverter on your system.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing