Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
The Best Method to Crop a Video File
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 11:37 am
Cropping enhances the overall looks of your video files by removing the unnecessary information and getting rid of the black bars from the sides. There is no dearth of programs available to facilitate video cropping and selecting the right one is important to get the desired results. So if you are looking for the best options on how to crop a video, know the online and desktop programs in the following parts.
Part 1. Top 5 Online Video Croppers for Free to Use
For free video cropping, several online video editing tools are available. These programs need no installation, download or the registration process and work from the browser window. If you are asked if can you crop a video for free, online tools are available to get the task done? Listed below are the popular programs in the category.
Previously known as Media.io, this online editing tool supports cropping of your videos in an array of formats. In addition to local videos, files from Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and others are also supported for the editing purpose. The files can be cropped by moving the edges of the video frame. Option to choose the aspect ratio is also there. You can even change the target format of the video.
- Supports videos in an array of formats.
- Supports multiple video editing options.
- Option to change the target file format.
- Internet dependency.
- Only one file at a time can be processed.
- The processed file needs to be downloaded.
Using these online tool video files from the computer, URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox can be added to the interface for cropping and other editing functions.
- Files can be added from multiple sources.
- Free to use software with a simple interface.
- Option to change the output format.
- The software functioning depends on internet connectivity.
- No batch processing support.
- Slow file upload speed.
Online Video Cutter
The video files on your system, URL, and cloud storage can be added to this system interface for editing in several manners. The added video can be cropped by moving the corners of the video. The aspect ratio can also be selected from the available choices. If required you can also edit the quality of the output file. Additional editing functions like rotation, cutting, and others are also supported.
- Popular video formats supported.
- Option to edit the aspect ratio.
- Video quality of the file can also be changed.
- Processed file needs to be downloaded.
- Limited video editing features.
- Processes only one file at a time.
To crop your video for free, this is a popular online editing tool. Your videos in MP4, MOV, MKV, and other popular formats can be added to the interface for the process. You can also add an online video using a link. The added video can be cropped by selecting the position and the zoom value. To facilitate posting your videos on an array of social media networks, preset aspect ratio parameters are also available. If needed, you can choose background colors from the White and Black option.
- Aspect ratio pre-set for posting videos to social media network available.
- Option to choose the background color.
- Free to use software without any need for software installation.
- Limited support for editing features.
- No option for cropping by moving the edges.
Add video files in popular format from the system, Google Drive, Dropbox, and One Drive using this online editing tool. The added video can be cropped by moving the file edges as required. Option to retain the aspect ratio of the file is also there. The file once processed and cropped, you can download the file to your system at the desired location.
- Add video files from the system as well as cloud storage.
- Option to retain the original file aspect ratio.
- All popular formats supported.
- No option to select the aspect ratio.
- Internet dependency.
Part 2: Tutorial: How to Crop a Video in Wondershare UniConverter?
Wondershare UniConverter is desktop-based software that works as a complete video-toolbox supporting a myriad of options and features including video cropping. Using the program you can crop the videos in all popular formats on Windows and Mac system without losing original quality. Additionally, the aspect ratio of the video can also be selected as desired from the available options.
- The software once downloaded can be used without dependence on internet connectivity.
- With batch processing you can edit, convert, and perform other functions of multiple files at a time.
- The files are processed without losing original file quality.
- The software can be used on Windows as well as Mac systems.
Steps on How to Crop a Video Windows 10 using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1: Add Video Files to the UniConverter Software
Launch the Wondershare UniConverter software on your system and drag and drop the files to the system. You can also click on the "+Add Files" from the "Convert" tab to browse and load the desired videos to be cropped.
Step 2: Crop the Video
The files added will appear on the interface with an image. Under the added thumbnail image click on the crop icon and a new pop-up window will open. Choose the "Crop" tab and you can see the added video at the Original Preview section. To crop the video, you can drag the corners of the video frame. Alternatively, you can also enter the specific crop-area size. Moving the cross icon at the center of the video will move the entire frame. The corresponding changes can be seen at the Output Preview window. Expand the options at "Aspect Ratio" and you can choose the desired option. You can also choose the Align Center to the video by selecting the option for the same.
To save all the changes made click on the "OK" button. Clicking on the Reset button will return to default values.
Step 3: Choose the Output Format and Crop the video
The target format can be selected from the Video tab at "Format Output" drop-down option. Choose the desktop location to save the processed file at the Output tab. Finally, click on the "Start All" button to start processing the files. The cropped and converted files on the interface can be checked from the "Finished" tab.
So if asked, how do you crop a video, above mentioned online and professional software can be used. For basic editing online tools are good and for multiple files in high quality with added features use Wondershare UniConverter.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing