How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
What to Use to Edit Youtube Videos
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 11:38 am
Myriad of options are available when it comes to video editing tools but choosing the right one matching your requirements is important as the need for the professional editors are entirely different from that of amateurs. Editing YouTube videos also require specialized programs supporting an array of functions. Looking for the best solutions on how to edit YouTube videos for free? We have shortlisted the best tools in the following parts of the topic.
Part 1. How Do You Edit Video with No Download?
This online tool allows video editing of YouTube videos by cutting unnecessary parts. The YouTube videos can be added by simply pasting its URL. In addition to YouTube, local as well as Google Drive videos in several popular formats like MP4, VOB, MPG, and others can be added to the program for the process. You can either use the marker to choose the part to be cut or specifically mention the start and the end time of the video to be cut. After the process, the file can be downloaded to your system. Option to change the output format of the added file is also available.
- Free software with a user-friendly interface.
- Option to change the output file format.
- Allows adding local, Google Drive, and online files.
- Only allows cutting the added YouTube and other video files.
- No batch processing support.
- No additional features.
Using this online tool your local as well as online videos (including YouTube) can be cut into the desired length in a simple quick manner. So for the YouTube videos that are very long, Kapwing can be considered as a good tool. The link of the video needs to be added to the interface for upload after which you can use the slider for trimming the file. Option to use the timestamps for cutting the video is also available. The program also shows the output length of the file. If needed, multiple cuts can be added at the desired location on the file. The processed file is available for download on the interface.
- Allows uploading local and online file including YouTube videos.
- Added videos can be trimmed by using the slider or the timestamps.
- No software installation or registration needed.
- Only support the file trimming (cutting function).
- No additional editing features supported.
- Internet dependent.
This online site allows adding URL links for YouTube videos to be trimmed. In addition to the link, video ID or keywords can also be added to the program interface. Once the file is added and uploaded you can move the slider to choose the part to be trimmed. Option for selecting the aspect ratio as needed is also there. The program works from the browser interface and need no download or installation.
- Free software with a simple interface.
- Allows adding YouTube link, ID as well as keywords.
- Option to choose the aspect ratio.
- The site only supports trimming YouTube videos.
- Limited function support.
- Internet dependency.
This browser-based interface allows adding YouTube videos link to the interface for the editing purpose. You can even search for the desired videos from the program interface. The added files can be cropped by choosing the start and the end part of the video to be removed. Option to drag the slider to select the video part to be cropped is also there. The program is easy to use and need no registration.
- YouTube video links can be added or the files can also be searched.
- Free software with a user-friendly interface.
- The part to be cropped can be selected by moving the slider or entering the time.
- Processes only one file at a time.
- No additional features support beside file cropping.
- Processed file needs to be downloaded.
Part 2. What is the Best Program to Edit Videos-Wondershare UniConverter
To edit videos together in batch and in a professional manner a desktop software like Wondershare UniConverter works as an ideal choice. This Windows and Mac-based tool comes with a built-in editor that supports several functions like cropping, cutting, adding subtitles, adding watermark, and others. All the functions can be performed without losing on original file quality and in a quick manner.
- Easy and a self-explanatory interface that is apt for amateurs as well as professional users.
- Support multiple files processing through its batch support.
- Videos in almost all popular formats supported.
- No dependency on network connectivity.
- Windows and Mac version available for download.
Steps on How to Edit Videos on the Computer using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1: Add Videos to be Edited.
On your Wondershare UniConverter software, click on the "+Add Files" button on the Convert tab to browse and load the videos to be edited. Multiple files can be added here. You can also drag and drop the files.
Step 2: Choose The Editing Functions.
The files added appear on the interface with a thumbnail image. The editing icons for Cut, Crop, and Effect are present under the image. Click on the desired icon and a new pop-up window will open. From the settings, window make the needed changes and click on the "OK" button to confirm the changes.
Step 3: Choose the Output Format.
The next step is to choose the target format. Expand the drop-down menu at Output Format tab and choose the desired output format from the Video tab. To upload the edited files to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Instagram, the pre-set format can be selected.
Step 4: Edit and Convert Videos.
At the Output tab, choose the location on your desktop to save the file. Clicking on the Start All button will finally start processing the added videos. The Finished tab on the interface can be used to check and manage the edited and converted files.
How to edit videos on PC? Install Wondershare UniConverter and professionally process your files.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing