How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
Best Ways to Rotate MP4 in Windows&Mac
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:15 pm
Capturing videos has become a trend nowadays - be it for one’s social prominence or some personal purpose. Well, you can’t always carry a professional camera. And in today’s smartphone era, it is not even needed. So, when you are shooting videos on your iPhone, Android phone, camcorder, or any other such devices, often, the videos turn out to have wrong orientation. In such cases, you will need to rotate the MP4 video to view it properly. There is an abundance of tools available on the Internet that you can download and use on almost every platform, both Windows and Mac.
Part 1. Flip MP4 Video to 90/180 Degrees or Turn It Upside Down
Wondershare UnCconverter is a multifaceted conversion tool that lets you convert over 1000 file formats and that too, at lightning speed.
What Deserves You to Use Wondershare UniConverter?
Wondershare UniConverter is an all-in-one video editing and converting software. You can rotate your MP4 file in a jiffy with this tool installed on your devices. Starting from search engine integration to burning videos to DVD - UniConverter can do it all in 30X faster speed than any other software in the market. As a cherry on top, it has a user-friendly interface that makes all tasks a lot easier.
Steps to Follow to Flip Your MP4 Video with Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1. Import the MP4 Video to UniConverter Software
Install Wondershare UniCoverter and launch the rotator on your computer. Upload the MP4 file you want to rotate by clicking on the Add Files option.
Step 2. Rotate/Flip the MP4 Video File
i. Select the Crop option. You will see the cropping window popup on your screen.
ii. There are four rotation options available from where you can choose the one according to your necessity. Click on them to preview the result in real-time. Below is the description of the four rotating options:
1. 90° clockwise rotation - flip MP4 videos to 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees, and that too without any change.
2. 90° anti-clockwise rotation - it is the same as the previous one, just in the opposite direction.
3. Horizontal rotation - rotate MP4 files horizontally, or make them go upside down.
4. Vertical rotation - rotate MP4 files vertically, that is from left to right.
iii. Click on the OK button to save your changes.
Step 3. Adjust the Resolution
Click on the Setting button followed by the Video tab, choose MP4 and select your desired video resolution.
Step 4. The Conversion Process of MP4 Video is Over
Finalize the process by clicking on the Start All button and save it to your desired location by clicking on the folder icon beside the File Location tab.
Part 2. How to Flip MP4 Video in VLC Media Player?
Whenever we think of VLC Media Player, the first thing that strikes our mind is how good it is as a video player. But, you can also flip MP4 videos to 180 degrees or any angle, even the arbitrary ones, with this software. It is one of those most user-friendly tools for rotating MP4 or, mostly, any other video file formats.
- Managing playlists with VLC is indeed a daunting task. Features like tagging, etc., are not feasible enough and neither its integration with the main window of the player.
- Since it is a media player, VLC is unable to burn or rip CDs.
Steps to Follow to Flip Your MP4 Video with VLC Media Player
Step 1. Launch VLC Media Player on your device. Then, go to Media and click on Open File to upload the desired MP4 video on VLC.
Step 2. Under the main menu, you will find Tools. From its drop-down menu, select Effects and Filters.
Step 3. Now, click on Video Effects.
Step 4. Proceed to Geometry.
Step 5. Check the box saying, Transform. Below that, you will find options to rotate MP4 video by a fixed angle, flip them, or transpose them.
Or, if you want customized rotation of your video, then check the box saying Rotate and move the dial pad accordingly. Click Close when it’s all over.
After the selection of your desired angle, from next time onward, VLC will take this setting as default, until and unless you change it again.
Part 3. Top 5 Online Tools to Rotate MP4 Video for Free
If you are still thinking of how to flip MP4 video by 180 degrees, then this part of this article will introduce you to some of the most popular free rotating tools available online.
It is a free video editor tool from the developers of Wondershare. It serves loads of purpose, starting from trimming, cropping, flipping, rotating to adjusting the videos - in three simple steps.
- There is no need to install this software. You can work on it online, that too free of cost.
- Along with your videos, you can also edit videos from YouTube, Facebook, and many other online sites.
It is one of those readily available online video editing tools that is uniquely designed to flip MP4 video.
- You can rotate MP4 video to 90 degrees, 180 degrees, or 270 degrees.
- It supports an array of video formats such as MP4, MOV, WebM, and so on.
- Though comfortable, its user interface is not much catchy.
- This tool can work on files that are up to 100 MB in size.
No matter what device you are working on, Clideo is compatible with everything. It is easy to use and never deteriorates the quality of your videos.
- The tool can bring the result to you in seconds.
- You can save the videos on cloud-based systems as well, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- It works only for vertical and horizontal rotations.
- Being a free tool, you can upload files up to 500 MB of size only.
Rotate My Video
This online software is one of the safest tools to use. With many exclusive features, it has become a top favorite of users.
- This tool shows you the visual result where you don’t have to think about rotating your MP4 video to 180 degrees or so.
- You can share the final edited video on YouTube or Facebook.
- The user interface of this tool is quite clumsy.
- It has minimal features.
It is not only a video editing or rotating tool, but it also lets you make memes, put subtitles, use different filters, and so on. It has users wide across the globe.
- Before actually using this tool, you can check its features by trying a sample.
- You can both upload your video files or can even paste the desired link to start editing.
- While editing the texts, this tool often crashes down.
- This tool is not the perfect one for professional usage. Also, it has loads of different features for the same function.
There are ample tools available to rotate or flip your MP4 video. However, you must know which one to choose. That’s why we have shared some of the most prevalent software available on the Internet. While choosing, though, you should always make sure of the security factors because videos often face copyright issues. Wondershare UniConverter ensures the utmost security, unlike many other such editing tools. So, once you know your purpose, do complete research and then move ahead to play with your editing skills.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing