Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip, Mirror, and Rotate a Video File
Mirror and Flip a Video Easily
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:04 pm
When capturing a picture or recording a video, we continuously move our smartphones or camera to get the best view. The issue will arise when we notice that the file captured or recorded is either upside down or sideways resulting in a terrible viewing or after uploading. This makes the flipping of video a necessity and an imperative need. We will introduce you to how to flip, mirror, and rotate video online using a multi-functional video editor for flipping video horizontally or vertically. Also, you will be introduced to how to mirror videos on iMovie and mirror or flip YouTube videos. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Part 1. Multi-functional Video Editor for Flip Video Horizontal or Vertical
Wondershare Uniconverter is a free, easy to use, online and offline, all-in-one media editing tools that can make your video stand out. You can customize your home videos via Wondershare Uniconverter advanced editing features to give you that professional-looking clip in just minutes. Asides editing, it is a seamless tool for burning media files, converting, flipping video, achieve mirror video effect, etc. Another significant feature of Wondershare Uniconverter is its powerful video file converter, video compressor, video editor, etc. It also permits the transfer of videos from devices and external hard drives.
Why Choose Uniconverter Desktop Rather than Online Tools?
1. Accessibility and Speed: Users can access this multi-functional video editing tool without having access to the internet. Users can convert their media files faster. Besides, it offers seamless conversion of media files to Android or iOS compatible formats.
2. User-Friendly: the easy to navigate user-interface makes it easy for a complete beginner to edit media files with professional features for satisfactory editing. Video compatibility and video quality are not compromised.
3. Supports thousands of media formats: users can convert specific amounts of video at a time. Wondershare Uniconverter is recognized for its ultimate multi-media format converter features. Another ‘wow’ effect is the quality of the video after conversion is not compromised.
How to Flip a Video File in Uniconverter?
Step 1. Launch UniConverter and Upload a Video for Mirror a Video
You will see the Convert tab when you open UniConverter. Click the Add Files button to upload a video. We are going to flip, mirror, or rotate a video in UniConverter quickly and easily.
Step 2. Flip Video Vertically or Horizontally
After you upload a video to UniConverter, there are three icons under the file, which are Trim, Crop, and Effect. Select the Crop feature, and it will pop-up a new window for you to rotate or flip the video. After you edit the video, click OK to save the change.
Step 3. Save the Flipped Video
At the bottom you will find Output Format option where you could convert the video to other formats or keep it in the same form as well. Click the Start All button to start the process. After converted, you could check it on the Finished tab or the destination that you selected.
Part 2. How to Mirror a Video in iMovie
iMovie is a video editing software developed by Apple for iOS and macOS devices. It gives users the liberty to browse videos and enjoy videos like never before. It is perfect for beginners and enables the user to navigate freely.
How to Use iMovie to Flip Your Video File?
Step 1. Launch the iMovie App
Launch the iMovie app, then drag clips to your timeline. Choose the clips you want to rotate in the timeline and select the Cropping icon in the Viewer window in the menu bar.
Step 2. Crop and Rotate the Video in iMovie
Users may choose to crop video (to crop, click on cropping tool viewer and resize the video to specification by dragging rectangle box. To rotate video, click on the right side of the interface for cropping tool, rotate the footage counterclockwise or clockwise. Be sure the video image fits the aspect ratio.
Step 3. Flip the Video
Mirror or flip video clip by clicking the filters icon. Proceed to click Clip Filter and choose Flipped filter in the Clip Filter window.
Step 4. Preview, Save, and Download
When satisfied with editing, click Apply icon to save.
Pros of iMovie:
- Free to all the apple devices.
- Autosave is a bullet point for iMovie. You never lose progress due to forgetting to hit command + S.
Cons of iMovie:
- iMovie is extremely movement sensitive.
- When edited iMovie clips are exported, no further changes can occur.
- The user is only restricted to 18 video clips.
Part 3. How to Flip/Mirror YouTube Video Online
YouTube is one of the most visited online streaming sites that are accessible on all mobile devices. There are cases where viewing videos can be inconvenienced due to the small screen. YouTube Editor does not have nor supports the mirror of flip video feature; hence, why we highlighted the four best online tools to which you can paste YouTube URL to flip or mirror the video clip. Below are some of the online tools, these includes;
- Four ways to upload a video, include adding the file directly, Google Drive, Dropbox, and URL.
- Clideo works with all the popular formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, VOB, WMV, and others.
- Basic features are free to use.
- Upload a video or paste URL to Kapwing is fast.
- It contains most edit video features with a simple interface and steps to use it.
- It accepts video files up to 100MB, and supports MP4, WebM, MOV and other popular formats.
- You could paste any Youtube video URL directly into EZGIF to flip/rotate.
- It supports Ebook, PDF, image, video, audio, and Webpage conversion and edit features.
- It is not only online, but also has an Android app.
- You could search file formats to find out whether or not it supports the form that you need.
Part 4. Other Online Rotators to Flip and Rotate Your Video for Free
The internet is littered with lots of online video editing tools, and the perks to it are that most are free. Even though we tend to record videos using mobile devices hence why the orientation of video clips is not considered making some if not most of the videos inverted, thereby making viewing dissatisfactory. Here are some of the best free online rotator tools than help rotate and or flip videos without compromising on quality. These include;
Online Uniconverter, which is known initially as Media.io, permits the user to mirror and flip video clips online. Users can reflect YouTube video clips online and flip either vertically or horizontally with no watermark, no software download, all in simple and easy steps.
- Easy to access and use.
- Secure with HTTPS (SSL) website connection
- It supports image, video, and audio file conversion features.
- Image output only has JPG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP.
- Quite intuitive.
- Has subtitle features that creates captions automatically for videos.
- Does not support adding multiple videos.
- Has zero mobile support.
- Secured and Free to use.
- Permits sharing of video to YouTube or Facebook.
- Only permits selecting video from computer.
We believe with the above listed online and offline tools, flipping, mirroring, and rotating your videos for online consumption i.e., sharing to YouTube or Facebook or for better satisfaction for viewing recorded videos. Regardless of your device type or operating system, you can always be assured that any of the above-listed tools can help rotate, flip, or mirror your videos for free.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- TikTok Ideas