Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip, Mirror, and Rotate a Video File
Mirror and Flip a Video Easily
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:04 pm
When capturing a picture or recording a video, we continuously move our smartphones or camera to get the best view. The issue will arise when we notice that the file captured or recorded is either upside down or sideways resulting in a terrible viewing or after uploading. This makes the flipping of video a necessity and an imperative need. We will introduce you to how to flip, mirror, and rotate video online using a multi-functional video editor for flipping video horizontally or vertically. Also, you will be introduced to how to mirror videos on iMovie and mirror or flip YouTube videos. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Part 1. Multi-functional Video Editor for Flip Video Horizontal or Vertical
Wondershare Uniconverter is a free, easy to use, online and offline, all-in-one media editing tools that can make your video stand out. You can customize your home videos via Wondershare Uniconverter advanced editing features to give you that professional-looking clip in just minutes. Asides editing, it is a seamless tool for burning media files, converting, flipping video, achieve mirror video effect, etc. Another significant feature of Wondershare Uniconverter is its powerful video file converter, video compressor, video editor, etc. It also permits the transfer of videos from devices and external hard drives.
Why Choose Uniconverter Desktop Rather than Online Tools?
1. Accessibility and Speed: Users can access this multi-functional video editing tool without having access to the internet. Users can convert their media files faster. Besides, it offers seamless conversion of media files to Android or iOS compatible formats.
2. User-Friendly: the easy to navigate user-interface makes it easy for a complete beginner to edit media files with professional features for satisfactory editing. Video compatibility and video quality are not compromised.
3. Supports thousands of media formats: users can convert specific amounts of video at a time. Wondershare Uniconverter is recognized for its ultimate multi-media format converter features. Another ‘wow’ effect is the quality of the video after conversion is not compromised.
How to Flip a Video File in Uniconverter?
Step 1. Launch UniConverter and Upload a Video for Mirror a Video
You will see the Convert tab when you open UniConverter. Click the Add Files button to upload a video. We are going to flip, mirror, or rotate a video in UniConverter quickly and easily.
Step 2. Flip Video Vertically or Horizontally
After you upload a video to UniConverter, there are three icons under the file, which are Trim, Crop, and Effect. Select the Crop feature, and it will pop-up a new window for you to rotate or flip the video. After you edit the video, click OK to save the change.
Step 3. Save the Flipped Video
At the bottom you will find Output Format option where you could convert the video to other formats or keep it in the same form as well. Click the Start All button to start the process. After converted, you could check it on the Finished tab or the destination that you selected.
Part 2. How to Mirror a Video in iMovie
iMovie is a video editing software developed by Apple for iOS and macOS devices. It gives users the liberty to browse videos and enjoy videos like never before. It is perfect for beginners and enables the user to navigate freely.
How to Use iMovie to Flip Your Video File?
Step 1. Launch the iMovie App
Launch the iMovie app, then drag clips to your timeline. Choose the clips you want to rotate in the timeline and select the Cropping icon in the Viewer window in the menu bar.
Step 2. Crop and Rotate the Video in iMovie
Users may choose to crop video (to crop, click on cropping tool viewer and resize the video to specification by dragging rectangle box. To rotate video, click on the right side of the interface for cropping tool, rotate the footage counterclockwise or clockwise. Be sure the video image fits the aspect ratio.
Step 3. Flip the Video
Mirror or flip video clip by clicking the filters icon. Proceed to click Clip Filter and choose Flipped filter in the Clip Filter window.
Step 4. Preview, Save, and Download
When satisfied with editing, click Apply icon to save.
Pros of iMovie:
- Free to all the apple devices.
- Autosave is a bullet point for iMovie. You never lose progress due to forgetting to hit command + S.
Cons of iMovie:
- iMovie is extremely movement sensitive.
- When edited iMovie clips are exported, no further changes can occur.
- The user is only restricted to 18 video clips.
Part 3. How to Flip/Mirror YouTube Video Online
YouTube is one of the most visited online streaming sites that are accessible on all mobile devices. There are cases where viewing videos can be inconvenienced due to the small screen. YouTube Editor does not have nor supports the mirror of flip video feature; hence, why we highlighted the four best online tools to which you can paste YouTube URL to flip or mirror the video clip. Below are some of the online tools, these includes;
- Four ways to upload a video, include adding the file directly, Google Drive, Dropbox, and URL.
- Clideo works with all the popular formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, VOB, WMV, and others.
- Basic features are free to use.
- Upload a video or paste URL to Kapwing is fast.
- It contains most edit video features with a simple interface and steps to use it.
- It accepts video files up to 100MB, and supports MP4, WebM, MOV and other popular formats.
- You could paste any Youtube video URL directly into EZGIF to flip/rotate.
- It supports Ebook, PDF, image, video, audio, and Webpage conversion and edit features.
- It is not only online, but also has an Android app.
- You could search file formats to find out whether or not it supports the form that you need.
Part 4. Other Online Rotators to Flip and Rotate Your Video for Free
The internet is littered with lots of online video editing tools, and the perks to it are that most are free. Even though we tend to record videos using mobile devices hence why the orientation of video clips is not considered making some if not most of the videos inverted, thereby making viewing dissatisfactory. Here are some of the best free online rotator tools than help rotate and or flip videos without compromising on quality. These include;
Online Uniconverter, which is known initially as Media.io, permits the user to mirror and flip video clips online. Users can reflect YouTube video clips online and flip either vertically or horizontally with no watermark, no software download, all in simple and easy steps.
- Easy to access and use.
- Secure with HTTPS (SSL) website connection
- It supports image, video, and audio file conversion features.
- Image output only has JPG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP.
- Quite intuitive.
- Has subtitle features that creates captions automatically for videos.
- Does not support adding multiple videos.
- Has zero mobile support.
- Secured and Free to use.
- Permits sharing of video to YouTube or Facebook.
- Only permits selecting video from computer.
We believe with the above listed online and offline tools, flipping, mirroring, and rotating your videos for online consumption i.e., sharing to YouTube or Facebook or for better satisfaction for viewing recorded videos. Regardless of your device type or operating system, you can always be assured that any of the above-listed tools can help rotate, flip, or mirror your videos for free.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Methods to Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker to Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Quickly Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- Easily Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Care
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Tribute to a Loved One with the Best Funeral Slideshow
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Swift Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- 3 Methods to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- Top 10 Photo Slideshow Apps for Instagram
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 3 Easy Ways to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Complete Guide to Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add audio to video
- How to make a video with photos and music free?
- Add music to video online free no watermark
- Easily add music to YouTube video tutorial
- How to add background music in YouTube video online?
- How to add audio to MKV video easily?
- Add Audio to YouTube Video Tutorial
- Top 10 Apps to add music to video for Instagram 2021
- How to put music over a video on iPhone easily
- Top 10 best app to add music to video on iPhone
- How to add audio to a video on iPhone easily in 2021
- How to add audio to video on Android easily in 2021
- The best 10 software to add audio to video 2021
- Top 8 apps to add music to video Recommended
- Put music on video easily: The best 10 apps recommended
- How to add music to video online free 2021
- Easily add music to video in Windows 10: Best 8 tools recommended
- Best 8 tools recommended to add audio to video in Windows 10
- Top 10 apps to add audio to video on Mac
- How to add music to video online free in 2021
- The best 10 apps to add music to video in 2021
- How to add audio to video free [tutorial]
- How to edit sound in a video in easy steps
- Top 6 best tools for making a video with music 2021
- How to put music in the background of a video easily
- How to edit a music video online for free in 2021
- How to add music to a video easily
- How to add audio to video easily in 2021
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video and Audio Online