Remove Audio/Sound from Video
How to Remove Audio/Sound From a Video
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:11 pm
Why Remove Audio?
To enjoy and for better understanding of a video clip you are watching, you have to get rid of any sound if the clip has:
1. Distracting background noises.
2. Inaudible or poor quality audio you wish to replace with high-quality recording.
3. You would like to sync with a different song.
This feature is mostly utilized by meme-makers and comedians to remix the audio of a video. They have to remove the sound to replace it. Even I have used it to create a unique music video of my own, video clip from a movie I enjoyed, and a favorite audio record.
Thanks to the ever-developing technological advancement, there are thousands of software to help you remove audio from video easily and quickly. Here, we shall look at the best-paid programs, online tools, and some free audio removers.
Part 1. Use Uniconverter to Remove the Audio Track from a Video
How to Remove Audio from Video using Uniconverter?
Wondershare Uniconverter can be used to perform pretty much any task on a video. Let us look at how to remove an audio track from a video with the following steps:
Step 1. Launch Wondershare Uniconverter and Select Effect
a After you have installed and launched the software on your computer, add the particular video file under the Convert tab. Below the video thumbnail, you will see three editing icons. Tap on the Effect button that is on the right to draw up the effect window.
Step 2. Adjusting Audio
Next, select the Audio tab and reduce the volume to zero. You can also make adjustments to the video’s brightness, contrast, and saturation as you wish.
Besides, you could unclick Audio Coding to remove audio from a video.
Step 3. Save the Changed Video
Finally, click on the Output Format in the main window. Tap on Start All to commence on the conversion. When the process is complete, find the video in the Finished tab.
Part 2. How to Mute Audio with a Web-Based Tool
Another way to go about removing audio from a video without having to install any program is by extracting audio from videos online.
Next, we will look at three recommended sites from which you can mute audio track from video effortlessly.
Clideo is a simple website that you can use to cut audio from a video without wasting any time. It accommodates all video formats such as MP4, VOB, AVI, etc. and guarantees maximum privacy of all your data thanks to its premium security encryption. Besides, you can use Clideo to clip audio track from video on our gadgets effectively.
What I Like:
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- Its compatibility with all devices; phones and comps.
What I Don’t Like:
- Limited maximum file size of 500MB.
- Needs internet connection.
Veed is suitable for removing audio from videos very quickly. It also has an online video editor that is ideal for quick video editing tasks in the browser. You can use Veed on a Windows or Mac operating system comfortably. This online tool has a better shot at getting jobs well done than iPhone and Android apps.
What I Like:
- Remove audio from video in two simple steps.
- It has an excellent customer care support team.
What I Don’t Like:
- Cannot be used offline.
- Limited video editing features.
It is simple, but a mighty tool for creating amazing images, GIFs as well as videos online. You can also add captions, logos, and other stickers using this program. If you want to arrange your media files on canvas for social media, Kapwing Studio is perfect. It allows you to adjust timing, set custom colors, animate, and add music to your media file. And most importantly, it lets you mute audio from MP4 file.
What I Like:
- It is easy to use.
- It is fast.
What I Don’t Like:
- It is only available on the web.
- Glitch output for video editing features.
Part 3. 2 Other Alternatives Sound Remover Software for Windows and Mac
Now, we will look at two free audio removers from videos for Windows and Mac computers, respectively. These tools are built-in programs; hence, if you can figure out how to remove audio from video with them, you won’t need third-party software.
VLC is a media player that is a free and open-source tool. You can store it on a USB flash drive and carry it around on your key holder. VLC is a cross-platform media player and a streaming media server. It makes an incredible program to use to remove audio track from videos for Windows PC.
Being a free media player platform, you would assume that it is crumbled up with thousands of pop-up ads. On the contrary, there is no spyware, advertisements, nor user tracking on this free program.
- It accommodates all known audio formats.
- It has a playlist module efficient for binge-watching videos.
- It has a ‘resume from where you left from’ feature enables you to keep watching from where your left.
- It is open-source hence you can program it to match your interests.
- It is nicely free with no ads or pop-ups like most free programs.
- You can use it any pretty much any device and on any platform/operating system.
- It is a poor media library manager as files can be accessed manually by browsing the system storage.
If you are a Mac user, then you know there are two applications you can use to remove audio from a video file. That is iMovie and Final Cut Pro X. the latter is a paid-for program leaving you with iMovie if you want to save some bucks.
Now, like all Mac products, iMovie has a fancy design and interactive display. You can browse and share your photos and video clips that are always neatly stored in one place. iMovie allows you to create spectacular trailers with the help of 29 trailer templates with mind-blowing graphics. You can also add some glamour to your videos by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps.
- It has a straightforward user interface.
- It has brilliant customizing features and perfect templates.
- It has incredibly built-in special effects and video enhancement with voice-over features.
- It makes sharing of media easy and convenient.
- It is only available for Apple gadgets.
- It requires an internet connection for excellent output.
- It uses a lot of storage space.
Above is a clear guideline on how to remove audio from a video file using Wondershare Uniconverter. We also saw three simple and lightweight programs to remove audio track from video online. Lastly, we spoke about two operating-system-specific free audio removers for Windows and Mac computers.
Using online platforms is an easy pick, but remember, they have video editing features and file size limitations. Thus, we would advise you to read through again and decide what tool to use to get rid of sound from video files.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- TikTok Ideas