MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
Top 11 MP4 Video Trimmer
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 11:27 am
MP4 is the most popular video and audio storage format. MPEG-4 Part-14 or MP4 for short can be used to store other things like subtitle and still images as well. The main reason for its popularity is the multiplatform support it offers along with being supported on all the major streaming sites. There are a lot of times when you might need to trim MP4 files. For such cases, there is a lot of software available online and offline. If you don’t want the software to take up space in your hard disk, there is a lot of software that can trim MP4 online as well. You can easily use them if you have an internet connection.
Part 1. Top 7 MP4 Trimmers Online for Free
If you have to trim an MP4 file urgently and don’t have any software for it, online tools like the ones mentioned in the list below can help you with it by providing you the ability to cut MP4 files quickly over the internet. Some of the most exceptional software that is widely used for this purpose is as follows.
Online UniConverter comes from the same minds that were behind the making of one of the best video editors available on desktop, i.e., Wondershare Uniconverter. This online video converter has a clean look to its UI and can perform basic video editing operations like trimming cropping rotating etc. Also, this website has minimal ads which enhance the user experience by a significant margin.
Online Converter is another clean and straightforward tool that facilitates easy access to video editing features like cutting, cropping, merging, etc. This tool is one of the best MP4 cutters online, as it is effortless to use, you have to upload your file and type in the duration you want to cut, and within a few seconds, your file will be ready to be previewed and downloaded.
EZGIF is one of the most popular options when it comes to the question of which is the best free MP4 cutter online. With its simplistic and clean UI, this tool provides the user with a platform that is very easy to use and fast as well. This tool allows you to edit videos that are up to 100mb in size.
Clideo is another popular MP4 video cutter available online that provides basic editing features like conversion cropping and merging of MP4 videos. The tool is entirely free to use and uses high-speed cloud servers to perform your required procedures. The device claims to provide 100% data security so that you can complete the needful without worrying.
Video Cutter Online
Video cutter online is one of the most underrated tools available online for free. This tool can perform all the necessary editing procedures and also facilitates a conversion. This website has a very pleasing user interface and also provides step by step guides for all the significant processes. This makes it a very beginner-friendly tool.
Kapwing is an excellent and straightforward to use tool that has been around for a long time now. This tool is entirely free to use, but you can upgrade the features in free version by paying a small fee. This website has little to no ads and has advanced and fast cloud servers to help you get what you need as quickly as possible.
This is an excellent tool for beginners as the UI of this online tool is very simple, and there are no ads on the website. It can perform some necessary conversions like cropping, merging, and cutting. This is free to use the tool, but the edits are limited to 12 per day for free users. Once you pay a small fee, you will get better features.
Part 2. How to Trim MP4 video in Windows
A lot of people don’t have access to a good internet connection; such people use specially designed programs for PCs to meet their editing needs. These programs can mostly be downloaded for free and offer tons of features. Being stored locally makes them faster in processing as compared to their online counterparts. These programs offer some advanced editing features that aren’t generally found in online editors.
Mentioned below are some of the best software available on multiple computer platforms that allow easy MP4 editing.
- This software allows you to convert and edit multiple files at a time.
- Support for nearly all the audio, video, and image formats.
- The software gives out fast results and is completely reliable.
- There are few bugs here and there which can disturb you while performing a task.
- You will notice minor optimization issues.
- Some features can only be used if you are a premium account holder.
Cut MP4 File Steps in Wondershare Uniconverter
Step 1. Launch the Program and Load the MP4 You Want to Edit
Launch the program and click on the "Add Files" or "Add or Drag files here to start conversion" option like in the image below.
Step 2. Trim the MP4 File Extension
After you have selected and uploaded the video, you will see three editing icons under the video thumbnail, which are trim, crop, and effect. Click on the "Trim" icon to open the trimming window.
Now choose the duration you want to trim/cut. You can click on the pencil icon to enter the exact length of start and the end of your required result. Next, you will have to click on Cut. It will cut the video into two parts. Now, delete the unwanted portion.
Step 3. Save and Convert the MP4 Video
After you trim and cut the video, select the required clips, and click on the "Convert" option to save your clips in the desired format.
After converted, you could check the MP4 converted files in "Finished" option.
- There is no learning curve to this software due to the ease of usage.
- This tool is fast to provide results.
- There are a lot of effects to choose from, and the interface is amicable and responsive.
- Not suitable for precision editing.
- Weak when it comes to importing the edited clips.
- No audio meters are present on this tool.
- It is free to use.
- The UI is clean and straightforward, which makes this tool easy to use.
- The results are of high quality even after significant compressions.
- Low compression speeds.
- Overall processing is slow.
- A lot of formats are not supported as of now.
Part 3. How to Use Windows Tool to Trim MP4 Video?
Windows is easily the most popular personal computer platform on the planet. Ever since its introduction, windows has been adding tons and tons of features out of which most of you don’t even know a few. Windows has its little editor inbuilt in the operating system called "Photos." This software is an image and video viewer that allows the user to trim out apart from a video.
How to Use "Photos" Application to Trim an MP4 File?
Step 1. Right-click on the desired video and click on the "open with" option. You will see the Photos option in the DropBox.
Step 2. Now the video will start to play, and you will notice an "edit & create" option in the top right corner, click on that and select the "trim" option. Just move the starting and endpoint on the slider to select the area you want to be trimmed out.
Step 3. After you have done, select the required part and click on "save a copy".
There are a lot of options if you want to cut MP4 video files. You can avail online tools if you have a good internet connection. If you don’t have a good internet connection, there are a lot of software that can be downloaded for free. These free to download software are generally a lot faster and provide more features for editing and conversion of different file formats. If you are a windows OS user, the photos program might be helpful for you as it can also help to cut videos, it also allows a couple of other editing features like slow-mo and draw over the video. However, to edit all the photos and videos without any hassle, you can use Wondershare Uniconverter.
Wondershare UniConverter is a beginner-friendly video editor software. If you want to learn fast how to edit an MP4 video, you should try UniConverter. It supports Windows and Mac system.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing