MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
Top 11 MP4 Video Trimmer
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 11:27 am
MP4 is the most popular video and audio storage format. MPEG-4 Part-14 or MP4 for short can be used to store other things like subtitle and still images as well. The main reason for its popularity is the multiplatform support it offers along with being supported on all the major streaming sites. There are a lot of times when you might need to trim MP4 files. For such cases, there is a lot of software available online and offline. If you don’t want the software to take up space in your hard disk, there is a lot of software that can trim MP4 online as well. You can easily use them if you have an internet connection.
Part 1. Top 7 MP4 Trimmers Online for Free
If you have to trim an MP4 file urgently and don’t have any software for it, online tools like the ones mentioned in the list below can help you with it by providing you the ability to cut MP4 files quickly over the internet. Some of the most exceptional software that is widely used for this purpose is as follows.
Online UniConverter comes from the same minds that were behind the making of one of the best video editors available on desktop, i.e., Wondershare Uniconverter. This online video converter has a clean look to its UI and can perform basic video editing operations like trimming cropping rotating etc. Also, this website has minimal ads which enhance the user experience by a significant margin.
Online Converter is another clean and straightforward tool that facilitates easy access to video editing features like cutting, cropping, merging, etc. This tool is one of the best MP4 cutters online, as it is effortless to use, you have to upload your file and type in the duration you want to cut, and within a few seconds, your file will be ready to be previewed and downloaded.
EZGIF is one of the most popular options when it comes to the question of which is the best free MP4 cutter online. With its simplistic and clean UI, this tool provides the user with a platform that is very easy to use and fast as well. This tool allows you to edit videos that are up to 100mb in size.
Clideo is another popular MP4 video cutter available online that provides basic editing features like conversion cropping and merging of MP4 videos. The tool is entirely free to use and uses high-speed cloud servers to perform your required procedures. The device claims to provide 100% data security so that you can complete the needful without worrying.
Video Cutter Online
Video cutter online is one of the most underrated tools available online for free. This tool can perform all the necessary editing procedures and also facilitates a conversion. This website has a very pleasing user interface and also provides step by step guides for all the significant processes. This makes it a very beginner-friendly tool.
Kapwing is an excellent and straightforward to use tool that has been around for a long time now. This tool is entirely free to use, but you can upgrade the features in free version by paying a small fee. This website has little to no ads and has advanced and fast cloud servers to help you get what you need as quickly as possible.
This is an excellent tool for beginners as the UI of this online tool is very simple, and there are no ads on the website. It can perform some necessary conversions like cropping, merging, and cutting. This is free to use the tool, but the edits are limited to 12 per day for free users. Once you pay a small fee, you will get better features.
Part 2. How to Trim MP4 video in Windows
A lot of people don’t have access to a good internet connection; such people use specially designed programs for PCs to meet their editing needs. These programs can mostly be downloaded for free and offer tons of features. Being stored locally makes them faster in processing as compared to their online counterparts. These programs offer some advanced editing features that aren’t generally found in online editors.
Mentioned below are some of the best software available on multiple computer platforms that allow easy MP4 editing.
- This software allows you to convert and edit multiple files at a time.
- Support for nearly all the audio, video, and image formats.
- The software gives out fast results and is completely reliable.
- There are few bugs here and there which can disturb you while performing a task.
- You will notice minor optimization issues.
- Some features can only be used if you are a premium account holder.
Cut MP4 File Steps in Wondershare Uniconverter
Step 1. Launch the Program and Load the MP4 You Want to Edit
Launch the program and click on the "Add Files" or "Add or Drag files here to start conversion" option like in the image below.
Step 2. Trim the MP4 File Extension
After you have selected and uploaded the video, you will see three editing icons under the video thumbnail, which are trim, crop, and effect. Click on the "Trim" icon to open the trimming window.
Now choose the duration you want to trim/cut. You can click on the pencil icon to enter the exact length of start and the end of your required result. Next, you will have to click on Cut. It will cut the video into two parts. Now, delete the unwanted portion.
Step 3. Save and Convert the MP4 Video
After you trim and cut the video, select the required clips, and click on the "Convert" option to save your clips in the desired format.
After converted, you could check the MP4 converted files in "Finished" option.
- There is no learning curve to this software due to the ease of usage.
- This tool is fast to provide results.
- There are a lot of effects to choose from, and the interface is amicable and responsive.
- Not suitable for precision editing.
- Weak when it comes to importing the edited clips.
- No audio meters are present on this tool.
- It is free to use.
- The UI is clean and straightforward, which makes this tool easy to use.
- The results are of high quality even after significant compressions.
- Low compression speeds.
- Overall processing is slow.
- A lot of formats are not supported as of now.
Part 3. How to Use Windows Tool to Trim MP4 Video?
Windows is easily the most popular personal computer platform on the planet. Ever since its introduction, windows has been adding tons and tons of features out of which most of you don’t even know a few. Windows has its little editor inbuilt in the operating system called "Photos." This software is an image and video viewer that allows the user to trim out apart from a video.
How to Use "Photos" Application to Trim an MP4 File?
Step 1. Right-click on the desired video and click on the "open with" option. You will see the Photos option in the DropBox.
Step 2. Now the video will start to play, and you will notice an "edit & create" option in the top right corner, click on that and select the "trim" option. Just move the starting and endpoint on the slider to select the area you want to be trimmed out.
Step 3. After you have done, select the required part and click on "save a copy".
There are a lot of options if you want to cut MP4 video files. You can avail online tools if you have a good internet connection. If you don’t have a good internet connection, there are a lot of software that can be downloaded for free. These free to download software are generally a lot faster and provide more features for editing and conversion of different file formats. If you are a windows OS user, the photos program might be helpful for you as it can also help to cut videos, it also allows a couple of other editing features like slow-mo and draw over the video. However, to edit all the photos and videos without any hassle, you can use Wondershare Uniconverter.
Wondershare UniConverter is a beginner-friendly video editor software. If you want to learn fast how to edit an MP4 video, you should try UniConverter. It supports Windows and Mac system.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- TikTok Ideas