Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
Trim Video in Windows 7,8,10
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:16 pm
Today, making awesome videos through digital cameras and mobile phones is no rocket science. The trouble of longer duration times for edit or upload can be resolved with video trimmers for easy viewing on online video streaming sites like Vimeo or YouTube. In cases like this, the best video trimmers for windows are highlighted to help cut parts of video promptly to maintain original video quality. This begs the question, which video trimming tool should you choose to trim, cut, or split videos depending on your editing preference. The performance or quality of any video trimming software for windows can be evaluated based on different categories. In general, three criteria need to be considered when highlighting the top seven video trimming software. These include;
With these criteria, we drafted the top 7 free video editing tools for windows OS devices.
Part 1. Trim a Video in Windows without Using a Third-Party App
The Photos Application is a built-in program of the windows OS. It is available in the current Fall Creators update, hence no need for third-party Apps to trim videos on windows. Videos can be cut by using the built-in Movies & TV and Photos App. Supposing the video indexed by the built-in Photos app, users need to launch the Photos app by searching for it in the menu bar. In case the video is not indexed by Photos app, find the video, right-click and select open with photos.
- Free and easy to navigate and does not require internet access.
- No need to download and install.
- Takes more time to create copy of edited video depending on resolution, file size and quality.
How to Use Photos to Trim Your Video?
Step 1. Launch the Photos App
If the video is indexed Photos, a user needs to launch the Photos app on the Start Menu, click open, and select the video. If not indexed, right-click on the video, choose Open with > Photos.
Step 2. Play Video and Trim Unwanted Section
Play the video, the editing features is displayed at the top bar. Click Edit and Create, then proceed to select Trim. Navigate the sliders to choose the parts of the video you want to keep.
Step 3. Preview and Save Video File
Click on play and watch your preview of trimmed video. When satisfied, select Save as. It automatically saves to the save folder as the original but saved with the file named and suffix Trim for easy identification.
Part 2. 5 Best Free Video Cutter to Trim a Video
Wondershare Uniconverter is one of the best video trimming software. When it comes to video conversion to different video formats with speed, Wondershare Uniconverter converts more than 1000 video formats without compromising on quality. This software is easy to use and can help the user who is new to video editing achieve professional-looking trimmed video clips. Wondershare Uniconverter is a seamless video editing tool that enable the user to convert, edit, trim, save or burn media, and many more features.
How to Use UniConverter to Trim a Video in Windows?
Step 1. Install and Launch Uniconverter & Import Videos
Download, install & launch Wondershare Uniconverter on your computer. On the Convert tab, select + Add files button to import the desired video file. The video file will be displayed on the interface of Wondershare Uniconverter. The editing tools icons will be displayed under the thumbnail image I.e. Trim, Effect, Crop etc.
Step 2. Trim and Further Edit Video
Select the Trim button, a new window for trimming will be displayed. Then, video can be trimmed into different ways as intended. Navigate the slider on the trim window to choose the video part that you want trimmed. Then click on the Cut button to take out the unwanted parts leaving the selected clip in the segment. The segment you want to take out can be deleted by clicking on the Delete button for the segments that are not needed. Users may proceed to merge segments as a single file, to do this, the user needs to click on Merge. Then, click the Save button.
Step 3. Save Trimmed Video Clip on Computer
Choose the desired output format for the video by selecting the drop-down menu on the Output Format tab. Select your output from the array of choices.
Step 4. View the Trimmed Video
Then, select the Start All button to begin saving videos on your computer. Search for the trimmed video clips on the File Location tab or Finished tab.
Do you want to try Wondershare UniConverter now? Here you could download directly.
Free Video Cutter
Platform supported: Windows 7 & 10
Free Video Cutter is a user-friendly and free video trimming software for Windows computers. It permits the user to trim, split or cut more massive size video into tiny bits or clips. Free video cutter has a feature where users can clip, split, and cut videos. It supports video formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, etc. It is quite easy to use without prior knowledge in video editing.
iTech Video Cutter 1.0
Platform Supported: Windows Vista/XP/2000/2003
iTech Video Cutter 1.0 is a free, lightweight video cutting software for DVD and video clips. It supports audio and video formats such as MOV, MP3, AVI, WMV, VOB, etc. With the size of 863kb, iTech video cutter supports the preview of the original video to ensure the smooth trimming of the intended video, I.e., easy specification of start & end clip. iTech video cutter is easy to navigate for beginners while guaranteeing the quality of the video is not compromised.
Gihohost Free Video Cutter
Supported Platform: Android, Mac OS, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP & 2000
Gihohost Free Video Cutter is a free and 100% clean video trimmer for Windows and other operating system. User can make use if this app to trim long and large video size promptly into small enjoyable clips in three steps. I.e. import video, select the preferred time range stating the start & end time, and save as a new video. It also has additional features i.e. preview and spin buttons functions. It supports AVI, MOV, MPEG, RM, ASF, WMV, 3GP, MKV, FLV and MP4.
AIV DVD Cutter
Supported Platform: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
AIV DVD Cutter is a free application of about 2.63MB & available for download. It helps user extract clips from large video files to save user the risk from running out of file space. Asides the stating the preferred start and stop time of the video clips. In addition to that, it includes play and stop features as well as volume controller, full screen displays facilities amongst many others.
On a final note, converting large video files with long, boring introductory & conclusive part into clips of short, meaningful & interesting clips has been made easy. Above are free to use & top 7 software applications that a complete beginner can use to create professional clips.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing