Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
Best Video Editing Software for Windows
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 14:05 pm
After the launch of major video platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo, video making has become such a large scale and appreciated task. The desire of this need allows us to search the paid as well as free best video editing software for windows. The various sections given below helps you determine the suitable video editor as per their corresponding features.
Part 1. 15 Famous Video Editing Application in Windows
This section lists some best video editing software for windows to be known for their versatile functions and tools in 2019. Generally, these top 15 high-quality windows movie editors have successfully created their fame in the minds of tech users.
Wondershare Uniconverter Video Converter software is not just software, but it has many other substantial benefits. As you head over to the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate by Wondershare Uniconverter, you will see that it supports more than 2000 formats and allows conversion of videos at speed 30 times faster than usual video editors. The whole concept of video converter offers you an easy to use interface so that you can play your favorite videos in the desired and correct format.
- Ease of access.
- Batch conversion in different formats.
- Supports all the major devices.
- Limited features on the free version.
Wondershare Filmora is our next best video editing software for windows with elegant features and simple interface for novice users. The looks and popularity of this software are of great heights. The main interface itself provides total control for the video projects. Even its advanced subscription and effects pack offers access to more overlays, transitions, and effects to be used for editing or splicing the video.
- The software furnishes many creative tools that revolve around the use of creative filters, popping colors, and other high-tech gadgets.
- It also supports good sound editing features such as background sound removal, keyframing, and equalizer to create videos with perfect sound.
- The color grading facility is also inbuilt with fancy features.
- Quick video edits/trims.
- 4K video as well as GIF output options.
- Excellent features of overlays, effects, and transitions.
- Lack of various shortcuts to maneuver timeline.
- It is a free video editing software for Windows, MAC, Linux, and BSD.
- It is also suitable for different file types such as MP4, DVD compatible MPEG, AVI, and ASF.
- It mainly supports the task of filtering, cutting, and encoding.
VSDC Free Video Editor
- It is a free windows movie editor that supports popular audio/video formats, including HD, DVD, and GoPro videos.
- The software is a non-linear video editor designed for both educational and home purposes.
- The program can quickly convert audio and video files from one format to another along with other inbuilt disc-burning features.
- It is a free movie editor for windows that supports the most popular as well as non-protected rare formats such as AVI, MKV, MP3, MP4, DVD, SWF, 3GP, HD, MOV, QT, RM, Xvid, Divx, and Fraps, etc.
- The program can transform numerous clips.
- You can convert into 4K and full HD online without any loss of quality, such as MP4 to AVI.
Adobe Premiere Pro
- Immersive Virtual Reality Support: VR Editing, VR Audio Editing, and VR Rotate Sphere.
- It supports multiple file formats.
OpenShot Video Editor
- OpenShot is a cross-platform video editing software with support from Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- The program supports more than 70 languages, which can also be translated online with LaunchPad.
- The software supports many great features such as keyframes and animations, slicing and trimming, video effects, 3D animations, slow motion time effects, etc.
DaVinci Resolve 16
- It is a multiuse software to provide a versatile solution for color correction, 8K professional editing, and other audio post-production tasks.
- The software is available in both free as well as a paid version with some limitations in free version software.
- DaVinci Resolve provides much faster and high-quality GPU, which is much more reliable and significant than on CPU.
- It is a video editing software with an intuitive and sleek interface, including detailed and extended media properties.
- The software supports more than 100 video codecs and formats without the requirement of importing.
- It also supports the opening of files by just drag and drop. However, you can also update the software whenever you like with the latest version.
Machete Video Editor Lite
- Machete Video Editor Lite is a free video editing software for windows with a simple interface and excellent video splicing.
- You can also remove audio tracks from the video to edit with a much quicker and fuss-free function.
- This video editor treats the entire video as one clip instead of seeing different timelines within the individual clip.
Windows Movie Maker
- Movie Maker can add transitions, effects, text, and much more to your videos.
- You can easily select and organize different videos as well as photos you want to use.
- You can directly post the videos over different platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Live SkyDrive, etc.
VideoPad Video Editor
- VideoPad Video Editor is one of the best video editing software for Windows 10, XP, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, etc. and includes more than 50 transition and visual effects to incorporate a kind of pro touch to your videos.
- The free version of VideoPad Video Editor is available for home purposes only. Commercial use wants you to purchase the software.
- The software supports all the popular video formats such as DIVS, WMV, APNG, MP4, MPEG, AVI, and many more while recording videos from GoPro, DV Camcorder, webcam, or VHS, etc.
- Blender is an open-source application for the creation of 3D videos.
- It supports various functions such as rigging, modeling, simulation, animation, composting, rendering, video editing, motion tracking, and 2D animation.
- To get the advanced training and more features, you can also subscribe to Blender Cloud.
- Lightworks editor is known for the best film editing with an attractive user interface.
- It also includes real-time editing for video FX and audio.
- It supports a vast range of file formats, including the variable frame rate media.
- HitFilm Express is one of the paid video editing software to give a professional touch and different kinds of visual effects to your videos.
- The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac to create iconic titles and realistic effects over the videos.
- You can have access to various other features such as changing of backdrop, lighting effects, advanced tracking, footage distortions, and additional layering and masking technique.
Part 2. How to Use UniConverter to Edit a Video in Windows
After recognizing the easy interface and intuitive features of Wondershare Uniconverter, we decided to share the simple steps involved to edit videos in Windows.
Step 1. Add Video Files to Wondershare UniConverter
After you launch the Wondershare Uniconverter on Windows, you need to add video files. You can either click the big Add Files button or the down-facing arrow at the left top corner.
Step 2. Select from Trim, Crop and Apply Effects
Under the video, you will see three different options that allow you to trim, crop, or apply effects to the video.
Select the video you don’t want to have and click Trim. You can also zoom in or zoom out the time interval, which helps you to locate the trimming place more precisely. To erase the section of the video, click on Delete. After you’re over with trimming, click on OK.
Click the middle Crop icon present below the video. This section allows several options to crop and edit the video. You can set the rotation, original size, and aspect ratio of the video. Finally, click Ok to save all the changes you’ve done.
To Apply Effects
Select the Apply Effects icon. You can adjust contrast, brightness, and saturation level. Choose the deinterlace as per your needs. Filter sections provide you a total of 19 options. You can also enhance the video quality after choosing the Auto Enhance box. Ultimately, click Ok to save the changes. Then, the other two steps are similar, as followed in cropping and trimming of video.
Step 3. Save the Edited Video in UniConverter
After editing, go to Output Format to select your desired converting format. Click Start All to start the process.
Part 3. How to Identify a Good Video Editor
Identifying a good video editor doesn’t mean the multi-functional capacity and intricate features. The following two parameters will allow you to decide the best video editor to solve your needs.
a. Is it Easy for a Beginner?
Yes, the simple editor is the best video editor out there. Whether it is free or paid, you should consider the simplicity of use as video editing is a complex task in itself. Thus, if you are selecting a complicated video editor, it will ultimately show you some difficulty in future editing prospects.
b. Is it a Multi-Functional Video Editing Software?
Multi-functional software is noteworthy, but it doesn’t mean that a video converter capable of editing videos only is not considerable. It is, however, more functional than the multi-functional software. Our recommended pick Wondershare Uniconverter is also a multi-purpose software, but all its functions are designed specifically for the top-notch performance without disturbing any of the features.
So, you can now select among the best video editing software for Windows and be creative in formatting and creation of your videos. Remember always to choose as per your understanding a complex, and one with diversified features may not suit well if you are a beginner.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing
- Slideshow Maker
- 8 Methods to Make A Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Free Online PowerPoint Maker to Create a Vivid Photo Slideshow
- Quickly Add Audio/Music to Photo/Picture/Image Online
- How to Easily Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- 10 Best Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Best Slideshow Softwares Free for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Friends/Lovers
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas for a Creative Video
- Easily Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Top 5 Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip for the Ones You Care
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design: Add Images & Music & Templates
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas to Make Your Father Happy
- Tribute to a Loved One with the Best Funeral Slideshow
- How to Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- 6 Swift Methods to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- 3 Methods to Make a Slideshow on Your iPhone
- 15 Best Slideshow Apps for Android in 2021
- How to Make a YouTube Slideshow in 2021
- Top 10 Photo Slideshow Apps for Instagram
- Best Way to Create a Facebook Slideshow
- 3 Easy Ways to Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Complete Guide to Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add audio to video
- How to make a video with photos and music free?
- Add music to video online free no watermark
- Easily add music to YouTube video tutorial
- How to add background music in YouTube video online?
- How to add audio to MKV video easily?
- Add Audio to YouTube Video Tutorial
- Top 10 Apps to add music to video for Instagram 2021
- How to put music over a video on iPhone easily
- Top 10 best app to add music to video on iPhone
- How to add audio to a video on iPhone easily in 2021
- How to add audio to video on Android easily in 2021
- The best 10 software to add audio to video 2021
- Top 8 apps to add music to video Recommended
- Put music on video easily: The best 10 apps recommended
- How to add music to video online free 2021
- Easily add music to video in Windows 10: Best 8 tools recommended
- Best 8 tools recommended to add audio to video in Windows 10
- Top 10 apps to add audio to video on Mac
- How to add music to video online free in 2021
- The best 10 apps to add music to video in 2021
- How to add audio to video free [tutorial]
- How to edit sound in a video in easy steps
- Top 6 best tools for making a video with music 2021
- How to put music in the background of a video easily
- How to edit a music video online for free in 2021
- How to add music to a video easily
- How to add audio to video easily in 2021
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video and Audio Online