The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
How to Edit WMV Video Files in Windows
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 17,2020 11:40 am
WMV or Windows media video is a set of video codec and corresponding coding formats. It was discovered by Microsoft and is primarily used in windows media framework. This format was designed keeping online streaming platforms in mind. Nowadays, this is one of the most widely used video encoding formats among video streaming applications. Online forums are always filled with questions like how to edit WMV files on Windows 7, read the article till the end, and you will have the answer.
You can find a WMV editor very easily on the internet. All those tools offer users with basic editing features and conversions. The tools mentioned in this article are elementary to use and can be used by beginners as well. All of them are free to use, and some have options for paid memberships, which will get you extra features.
Part 1. Top 5 Best Online WMV Editor---WMV Video Cutter
There are a lot of free WMV video cutter and editors available online. Users are sometimes confused by choice available online. To decide the best editor/cutter, you need to consider things like speed, usability, ease of usage, features, etc., mentioned below are some WMV editors that are available online.
Perhaps one of the best WMV editors on the list is this one. This is one of the most potent editors available online that is capable of editing WMV files. It allows basic editing like rotation, conversion, rotation, etc. it uses cloud technology to process the whole editing function and is one of the fastest tools out there. Online Uniconverter is a part of one of the most reputed developer's groups in this field of editing, i.e., Wondershare.
Aconvert is a prominent tool that is widely used for a variety of video editing needs. It is free, easy to use, and reliable as well. This tool offers users the ability to trim, merge, split, and crop videos. Aconvert uses cloud technology to perform operations, which makes it secure and fast. All you will have to do is to upload your desired file and choose what type of editing you want to do. After that press the enter button and in a short amount of time, you will have a downloadable result.
The website for this tool is simple, elegant and responsive. There are little to no ads on the website which enhances your user experience. It provides users with the ability to trim, resize, crop, rotate and merge WMV video files. Apart from all this the website also allows audio editing for users as well. The website is very easy to use due to its minimalistic design and step by step guide for all the processes.
EZGIF is one of the oldest and most trusted tools available online. This is free to use software that uses cloud-based technology to perform small editing operations like trimming, cropping rotating, etc. This tool is widely used among new and experienced users alike. Apart from the WMV editing features that it provides, this tool is capable of editing GIFs, audios, images and can also perform conversions. This software is high-speed and can be used to perform complex editing tasks online.
This is a straightforward online editing tool that facilitates rotation of WMV videos. This tool doesn’t perform any other function related to video editing. The User Interface of the website of this tool is clean and nearly free from ads. As this tool focuses only on a rotation of WMV videos, it allows the developers to focus all their resources and efforts on it, due to which this tool can perform the needful at the highest possible quality. There is little to no loss in quality of the video clip after using this tool.
Part 2. How to Edit WMV Files in Windows and Mac?
The tools mentioned above were all online tools which can be accessed from anywhere, for providing full usability. However, those tools generally sacrifice on advanced features. Wondershare Uniconverter is a desktop program that is used to edit different video formats. This program allows users to do basic editing like cropping, trimming, merging, splitting, etc. along with some advanced editing features like speed manipulation and adding effects. To use this program, you need to visit their official website and download the setup from there according to your operating system. After this, you need to run the setup. After a few minutes, the installation will be installed, and you will be able to use it. It is widely considered as the best tool to edit WMV files windows 10.
Step by Step Guide to Editing Videos Using Wondershare Uniconverter
The following is a small guide that will show you how to trim videos using Wondershare Uniconverter.
Step 1. Open Wondershare Uniconverter and Upload MWV Video
Click on the icon of Wondershare Uniconverter to launch it. Now, add the file you want to edit under burner or converter. You will now get to see three different icons below the thumbnail of the video. These icons are called trim, crop, and effect respectively starting from the left and ending on the right.
Step 2. Click on the "Trim" Button in UniConverter
Now, you will have to click on the "Trim" button which will give you a popup window. After trimming, click "OK" button.
Attention: the “+” and “-” buttons as shown in the image below, can be used to zoom into the time interval. Use it for accurate results.
Step 3. Click the "Crop/Effect" Button to Edit WMV Video
If you want to rotate/flip/add effect/add watermark/add subtitle/adjust video volume to your WMV video file, click the "Crop/Effect" button to edit.
Step 4. Save the Edited WMV Video
The last step of the whole process is for saving your edited file. For this, you have to click on the drop-down button beside convert all files to select the format of resulting clips and then press "Start all".
Beginners often find themselves in a problematic situation when it comes to WMV editing. By using the two methods as mentioned above in the article, beginners can easily edit their WMV files without any hassle. The online techniques can be used if you don’t want to add any load on your desktop’s hard drive, but few features are present in them, whereas using Wondershare Uniconverter you can edit WMV videos without an internet connection and it also offers more features to you as well.
- Add Music
- How to Add Background Music to a Video
- How to Add Music to Facebook Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Video
- How to Add Music to Snapchat
- How to Add Music to Tiktok Video
- How to Add Music to Video
- How to Add Music to Youtube Video
- How to Add Sound to a Video
- How to Add Spotify Music to Video
- The Apps for Adding Music to Video
- How to Put Music to Video on iMovie
- Top 6 Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- 8 Best Websites for You to Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Best Way to Trim MP3 File Precisely
- How Do I Combine Multiple Files into One File
- How to Crop Audio Online
- How Can I Cut and Join MP3 Songs Online
- How to Cut Music on Garageband
- How to Cut Music on iMovie
- How to Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- How Do I Edit an MP3 Audio File
- How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Cut Music
- How to Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- How do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- How to Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- How to Trim WAV File
- How to Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- How to Trim Audio with Audacity
- How to Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- How to Trim an MP3 File Online
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Loop Video
- The Way to Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- How can I Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- How to Loop a Video for Instagram Online
- How to Loop Video in HTML
- How do I Loop a Video on an Android
- How to Loop a Video online no Watermark
- How do I Loop a Video on My Phone
- Best Way to Loop Video on TV
- How do I Loop a Video on Twitter
- How do I Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Easy Ways to Loop YouTube Videos
- 5 Best Video Merger App for Android
- Mute Video
- Mute Video Android: How to Remove Audio from Video on Android Phone
- How to Mute A Video in iMovie Mac
- How to Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- How to Mute A Video on iPhone Free
- Top 9 Ways to Mute Videos Online Easily
- How to Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Best Video Muter: How to Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Easy Steps to Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Top 3 Ways to Remove Audio from Video in Windows 10/8/7
- Top 10 Video Mute App: How to Remove Audio from Video in Mobile
- Video Editor
- The Best Video Editor: Filmora 9
- How to Restore VHS Tapes
- How to Trim an MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- How to Add Audio to Video Online
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Top Special Effects Software Available 2020 for Windows and Mac
- How to Put Filters to Your Video?
- How to Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- How to Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie Permanently-Free Simple
- How to Add Text to My Video for Free
- 2020 New Ways to Add Text to YouTube Video
- 7 Speed Up Video Apps That Google Definitely Don’t Want You to Know About
- Best Free AVI Editor You Should Know in 2020
- Best AVI Trimmer for Different Computer Systems and Methods
- Add Audio to Video Online: 6 Best Alternatives to Biteable
- Add Audio to Video Online: 3 Best Alternatives to Kapwing
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to add music to video
- How to Brighten a Video by Using Video Brightness Editor
- How to Change Video Format with High-Quality
- How to Change Video Resolution Easily on Different Platforms
- How to Make a Video File Smaller
- Teach You How to Crop Your Video Files Easily
- How to Edit MOV Video Files in Windows and Mac System
- 2 Different Ways to Teach You How to Edit MP4 Files
- How to Edit MPEG Files on Mac and Windows?
- How to Edit Your Video on Windows and Mac
- How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Fast Motion iOS APPs That Will Change the Way You Create Video
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers in 2020
- How to Rotate or Flip an MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Video Flipping Tutorial: How to Flip& Mirror& and Rotate a Video File
- Top 5 FLV Video Editor
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- How to Grow Youtube Channel Fast
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- TOP 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Software
- The Ways about How to Speed up a Video on Android
- How to Speed up a Video on iMovie
- 7 Reasons Why It's Great to Know How to Speed up a Video on iPhone
- How to Downsize MOV(QuickTime) File Size
- How to Slow Down TikTok Video
- How to Make Video Louder
- Online MP4 Video Cutter-Super Easy to Crop MP4 File
- Top Video Editor Tools for MP4 Video File
- MPEG Video Trimmer -Fast MEPG Cut
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Tips on Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- How to Rotate MP4 Video File Extension
- How to Rotate a Video
- I Tried Slow Down Youtube Videos and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Slow Motion iOS Apps That will Change the Way You Create Video
- TOP 8 Software for Making Slow Motion Video
- I Tried Speed up My Youtube and Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
- Slow Motion Android Apps That are Proven To Make Your Videos Special
- The Science about Fast Motion
- Tik Tok is the Simplest Way to Make Slow Motion?
- Add Audio to Video Online: Top 5 Alternatives to Clideo
- MP4 Cutter: How to Trim an MP4 Video File?
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac and Windows
- Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter Review-You Need to Know
- Top Video Editing for Mac
- Best 25 Video Editing Software in 2020
- Top 15 Video Editing For Windows in 2020 – You Should Know
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- Three Ways to Watermark Your Video on Mac
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor - Beginner Friendly
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing